POLL - Home and GardenHOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...

Author Topic: Studio & Printing Workshop  (Read 2699 times)

skellum

Studio & Printing Workshop
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:41:58 PM »
A friend of mine has set himself up a printing business producing anything from Canvas, Large photographic prints, banners and photographs on wallpaper. My involvement is on the photographic side and I am now in the process of building and kiting out a studio on the premises. The studio will be mainly used for family portraits and portfollios and probably some product photography as he has just landed a contract with Spar convenience stores for promotional banners etc. Tommorrow I will begin the search for some decent lighting and backgrounds. Any ideas or suggestions for equipment would be appreciated.

So if any of you need large prints or canvas let me know. Everything is being produced to the highest standard using only Epson Ultra Chrome K3 ink and top quality materials and paper.

Here are a few pictures showing the large format printers and what will be the studio area....... :legit:

« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:03:17 PM by Dave »

Offline Eileen

Re: Studio & Printing Workshop
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »
I might be interested in a large canvas Dave. Can you do non-standard sizes? Someone I know has asked about a reproduction of a painting they own.

skellum

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 07:55:33 PM »
Hello Eileen.  Let me know the details and I will get a quote for you.... :tup:  or you could ring Mick Hartley ( ColourXplosion ) on 07808 780898   e.mail :  colourxplosion@yahoo.co.uk  .... :legit:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 07:59:10 PM by Dave »

picsfor

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 10:31:57 PM »
Tommorrow I will begin the search for some decent lighting and backgrounds. Any ideas or suggestions for equipment would be appreciated.

Define decent lighting and back grounds, and is there a budget constraint to consider?

I only say, because i'm sure there are a few options but it all depends on price and purpose...

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 08:10:42 AM »
Nice.

I'd take a serious look at the Core Flash system from Viewfinder (tell Paul I sent you) or the ElitePro system from Lencarta (say hi to Garry).  I've tried both those recently (the Lencarta system for a while) and IMO are pretty good value for money.

Viewfinder will also do backgrounds.
It's Guest's round

skellum

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 03:28:18 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Jonathan. I have had a look at both systems and think I would go for the Lencarta Elite Pro System. And Andrew they are within budget.
I had a quick look at the backgrounds at Viewfinder ( White out or stock ) but I am not in a rush.
I will be having a look at Calumet in Manchester during the week ( not buying at their prices  ) but they have a nicely set out showroom to look round.. :legit:

Offline Eileen

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 08:23:02 PM »
Thanks Dave. I'm just confirming dimensions and will then get back to you.  :)

skellum

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 11:52:38 AM »
Nice.

I'd take a serious look at the Core Flash system from Viewfinder (tell Paul I sent you) or the ElitePro system from Lencarta (say hi to Garry).  I've tried both those recently (the Lencarta system for a while) and IMO are pretty good value for money.

Viewfinder will also do backgrounds.

Decided on the Elite Pro.  Now backgrounds & support.... :legit:

Offline spinner

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 06:06:26 PM »
I might be interested in a large canvas Dave. Can you do non-standard sizes? Someone I know has asked about a reproduction of a painting they own.

Me too, will he ship to the colonies?
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

skellum

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 06:38:15 PM »

Me too, will he ship to the colonies?

I will be at the studio tommorrow afternoon so if you could give me more details as to the size of canvas and your location I will find out.

skellum

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2010, 05:24:51 PM »
Just won a auction on e.bay for a heavy duty 3m background support £41.00  :tup: so I am now of to Ormskirk to pick it up.. :legit:

picsfor

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 06:46:38 PM »
Just won a auction on e.bay for a heavy duty 3m background support £41.00  :tup: so I am now of to Ormskirk to pick it up.. :legit:

Nice little drive down the lanes then  :tup:
Got a full studio set myself - need a room to put it all up in!

skellum

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 12:33:03 AM »
First two bookings comfirmed for Wednesday evening at the studio. 6.00pm family portrait, 7.00pm portrait. :dance:

Offline Sandy

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 08:10:14 AM »
Well done,  It sounds great

Sandy

picsfor

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 08:42:53 AM »
And so the journey continues - onwards and upwards.

Good luck with it all Dave - though again, past evidence has shown you know where you're at.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Home and Garden International Weekly Comp Entries 88/0 Jediboy Last post April 07, 2020, 11:06:27 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 184/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:46:19 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 173/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:45:17 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 110/4 Jediboy Last post April 06, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 232/5 Jediboy Last post April 05, 2020, 11:46:39 PM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 69/0 jinky Last post April 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 594845/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571994/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM