Drone 1Dx Mk3Potato - ENTRIES 27/06-5...Happiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...POLL-LOUDWhat made you feel good t...Potato - CHAT 27/06-5/07/...LOUD-CHAT-Weekly comp 21-...LOUD-ENTRIES-Weekly comp ...Poll for Drawn from Liter...What annoyed you today?Drawn from Literature - E...Drawn from Literature - C...Flash Player EOL and the ...POLL-SPOON

Author Topic: Hi All...  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Rhys Briers

Hi All...
« on: July 25, 2010, 09:24:52 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am new (obviously ;) ) to the site, and looking forward to participating in what looks to be a great forum.

I met two members yesterday on the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk in Richmond, but in true 'Rhys Briers' style, I cannot remember their actual names or forum names :-[ (I think I need to start writing things down).  I hope they spot this post and say hi so that I can thank them for pointing me to Camera Craniums, and so that we can work out the plan for the Richmond park outing we were chatting about.

I have been enjoying photography for about 7 years now, and was lucky enough to be part of a good photo forum community in South Africa where I was given the opportunity to learn from some fantastic togs - though the old brain does not remember half of what they said until after I have pressed the shutter  ::) so I am always looking for good crit to remind me what I should already know before I press the shutter.

Before this turns into an essay I will end off saying HELLO...

picsfor

Re: Hi All...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 09:36:19 AM »
Welcome Rhys.
I'm guessing the names were Krennon and Minkey Monkey - or maybe even an Abers!
Richmond Park is their usual stomping ground so to speak.

Enjoy the site -it's friendly and harmless - and loves photography, helping out, and if you've a mind for it - on occasions a touch of healthy debate.

Andrew

Offline Graham

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 09:41:14 AM »
  Hi Rhys.
                Andrew beat me to it >:(
                I'll bet it was Kieth aka Krennon and Martin aka Minkey_Monkey.

They'll no doubt be along in a bit to confirm.
                             Graham.  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 09:48:22 AM »
Hi Rhys, and welcome to CC.  :tup:

Any questions relating to the site just shout.   There is some other themes for the site if your not too keen on the look, you might find something more to your liking.

Check this thread for more info.  New Themes Available

Cheers

Mick aka admin
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Rhys Briers

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 10:04:36 AM »
Thanks for the welcome!
Thank you Andrew and Graham, you are right, it was Kieth and Martin...
Thanks Mick, I will take a look and pick one.

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 03:27:54 PM »
Welcome to CC. It was 'the walk' bit of the excercise that decided me against joining Krennon and Minkey!

skellum

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 03:40:34 PM »

Hello and welcome... :tup:...    Were abouts in SA ?  I lived there for many years in my youth.. :legit:

Offline Rhys Briers

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 03:46:50 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Abers.
lol...  It was fun walking in the heat...  It reminded me why I am glad not to have a lot of kit on my back :)

Hi Dave, and thanks for the welcome.  I moved to JHB an age ago from Zim...  Then down to the beauty of Cape Town where I lived until two years ago when I moved to London.

skellum

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 03:54:59 PM »
You must be following me !   I lived near Johannesburg ( Kempton Park Area ) then worked in Cape Town and on my return to the UK I lived and worked in London for a couple of years. Back in my native Lancashire now.
Do you have any plans to move to Lancashire ?.  :2funny:

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 04:19:52 PM »
Hi Rhys and welcome.  :tup:

Offline minky_monkey

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 06:49:05 PM »
Hi Rhys and welcome! 8)

A bloody good day yesterday, hope you got decent pics!!  At the end of the walk I definitely could've done with a  :beer:

Good to meet you both, I'm rubbish with name too!!! lol.

Offline Rhys Briers

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 08:47:54 PM »
lol Dave, not planing on moving soon :)
Thanks for the welcome Oldboy and Martin!  Ja, the walk was good...  The beer and conversation after was better :tup: but the photos should have been better.

Offline krennon

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 08:31:45 AM »
Hi Rhys, yep it was good to meet up with you, and definately have to do a shoot in Richmond or Bushy Park.
Glad you signed up to here and welcome to the forum.
Photo's don't look so great from Sat, but I haven't edited any of them yet so once I do I may post some here in the gallery.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

picsfor

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 10:00:10 AM »
As a slight aside - i've still to go to Richamond Park. When is rutting season again? I'll give it a look for then.

Offline krennon

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 10:38:45 AM »
Sept/Oct is the rutting season and we will definitely be doing a shoot at either Richmond or Bushy Park so keep an eye out on the CC meets up page... :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Drone General Discussion 275/15 jinky Last post Today at 02:41:55 PM
xx 1Dx Mk3 DSLR Cameras 1366/22 jinky Last post Today at 01:37:20 PM
xx Potato - ENTRIES 27/06-5/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 94/2 Hinfrance Last post Today at 10:55:19 AM
xx Happiness is.... Entry Thread 05/07/20 - 12/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 37/0 Jediboy Last post July 05, 2020, 02:13:42 PM
xx Happiness is.... Chat Thread 05/07/20 - 12/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 34/0 Jediboy Last post July 05, 2020, 02:12:34 PM
xx POLL-LOUD International Weekly Comp Entries 229/4 Hinfrance Last post July 05, 2020, 08:17:39 AM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 591952/3913 anglefire Last post July 03, 2020, 08:24:05 PM
xx Potato - CHAT 27/06-5/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 239/6 Oldboy Last post July 01, 2020, 11:52:16 AM