POLL - Home and GardenHOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...

Author Topic: Sports Action  (Read 1534 times)

Offline rksmith51

Sports Action
« on: July 20, 2010, 04:46:17 PM »
I had always been keen to try sports action photography, when my nephew came from NZ to play rugby for a local team I went along to take some shots. That was last year now I'm thought of as the official photographer. The club were very enthusiastic and the team love looking at the flickr site where I upload them after the game, I have even sold a few  :tup:

If your keen to try it, and it does become very addictive, trying to be in the right place and getting that "flying through the air " shot. Your photographic skills will be well tested and you get to be on the side lines beside the action. I will post a few of my faves to let you see how I've done. The season starts again soon so now is the time to contact a club and ask them if they are interested, Oh! I get in for free too .

Bob

Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Offline Graham

Re: Sports Action
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 04:59:52 PM »
   Hi Bob.
               You seem to be on a similar "Career path" as myself. Learn a bit about the ins and outs of how to take a picture and then apply it to a subject that interests you generally.
               In my case it's taking pics of bands (See my gallery for details. :tup:). If you do a decent job word soon gets around and one thing leads to another.
               As I say, once you've learned how to get the scene onto the sensor if you care about, and have an understanding of your subject (As you clearly do of Rugby) then interesting, powerful pics are kind of inevitable.
                                              All the best.   Graham. :)             
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline jinky

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:49:53 AM »
Watching Bob`s stream on flickr I know how good his rugby shots are and that`s from an obsessed football nut who does not understand the ball shape i rugby. Nearly got me interested in it - but not quite ;)

I guess that`s it - getting the interest. I did soem jazz club gigs for a friend and liked doing the photography - trouble is I hate jazz! They wanted me to do it regularly - for free of course. Free admission  but shocked faces all around when I made excuses and left at half time stage even when the biggest acts came. Must go again now I have the D700 but maybe take some earplugs  :)

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 08:39:07 AM »
As I say, once you've learned how to get the scene onto the sensor if you care about, and have an understanding of your subject (As you clearly do of Rugby) then interesting, powerful pics are kind of inevitable.

Wow.  Awesome summary.  I love that.
It's Guest's round

skellum

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »
So now we have 5 sport Togs on the site... Jim covering Cricket, Myself Football, Anglefire Motorsport, rksmith51 Rugby and Jonathan covering Swimming.... ;D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 01:33:45 PM by Dave »

Offline Graham

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 04:45:10 PM »

Wow.  Awesome summary.  I love that.
:)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline irv_b

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »
Got to agree with Jinky, Bob's flickr is fantastic and really makes you seem you're on the sidelines - great stuff matey!

Graham! You better copyright that before Jonathan gets his hands all over it  ;D
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

picsfor

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 06:52:20 PM »
So now we have 5 sport Togs on the site... Jim covering Cricket, Myself Football, Anglefire Motorsport, rksmith51 Rugby and Jonathan covering Swimming.... ;D

I believe Jonathan's is Synchronised Swimming  :tup:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Home and Garden International Weekly Comp Entries 69/0 Jediboy Last post April 07, 2020, 11:06:27 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 176/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:46:19 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 165/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:45:17 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 105/4 Jediboy Last post April 06, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 222/5 Jediboy Last post April 05, 2020, 11:46:39 PM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 66/0 jinky Last post April 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 594118/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571626/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM