POLL - Home and GardenHOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...

Author Topic: Dropbox  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
Dropbox
« on: June 01, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »
Don't think I've mentioned this before here and I was just posting some pics for Bill....

Anyway, if you aren't using Dropbox yet then check it out.  I'm now using it as default way of sending pics to magazines, models, website for articles etc.

Install their software (Mac, PC, Linux) and you get a special folder on your drive.  Drop stuff on there and it automagically syncs with Dropbox on the internet.  Very very simple.

It understands pictures so if you put the files in your pictures folder you get a gallery like this http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/3951246/2/hammersmith/katerina?h=99983b - those are web res but I often use it for full res - editors can browse the gallery and then download full res file right off the page.  You can also share galleries with other Dropbox users.  It's supposed to be pretty secure.

But the best thing....it syncs.  So I have it installed on all my 'puters.  Drop a file in Dropbox on one and it's available online but also offline on every other machine.  Oh and it works on my iPhone and, err, the iPad I just bought yesterday....

Anyway, it's free.  Click this link to get a free account with 2GB storage and to give me some more free storage :) https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTM5NTEyNDY5

It's Guest's round

Offline Trickee

• Mysite
Re: Dropbox
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:00:11 AM »
just signed up looks good especially cause its free thanx jonathan :tup:

skellum

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 11:38:05 AM »
I registered earlier thinking I had a bit of time but now have to shoot of to Manchester so I will look at it later. Thanks for the link..... :legit:

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 12:16:51 PM »
iPad I just bought yesterday....

Spending more money!  :o

Be interested to hear what you think of it?  :tup:

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 11:20:22 PM »
It will be brilliant at doing what it was designed to do.

Unfortunately half of the reviewers won't get that and will try and get it to do stuff it wasn't designed to do and slag it off because of it.

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 12:51:00 PM »
Be interested to hear what you think of it?  :tup:

Review in, err, the Reviews section ;).  Summary: a qualified wow.
It's Guest's round

picsfor

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 04:22:05 PM »
OK, i've been using it since Jonathan recommended it as a way sharing files after the Harold Wood Shoot.

I think its a great piece of kit offering a great service. No more sending CD's, DVD's or loading up memory sticks.

E-Mail the link and they can access the folder - or better still sign up and give you a bit more space on your base limit  :tup: ;)

I regularly use it as a way of sharing files with various people. Create a locked folder and let them access the folder and Bob's your Uncle  :tup:

Offline irv_b

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 09:57:45 PM »
Also signed up, so you'll be getting more storage Jonathan  :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline GBOBM

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 12:57:42 PM »
Holy thread reserection Batman!

Has anyone used a front end or gallery addon to enable them to view the contents of dropbox as an HTML gallery?
I was thinking of just creating a webpage through aperture and sticking the contents of that in the dropbox folder for the client to see, but I'm not convinced it will work nicely.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 09:31:18 AM »
Has anyone used a front end or gallery addon to enable them to view the contents of dropbox as an HTML gallery?

No.  I don't think it's possible.

Dropbox have added some clever code so that it understands certain document types.  But they don't support HTML.  There's a built in gallery which is quite nice but if you want to build your own I reckon you want "proper" web space.
It's Guest's round

Offline GBOBM

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 01:23:17 PM »
Thanks for that.

I've not looked at the built in gallery so maybe I'll give that a little look.   :tup:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Home and Garden International Weekly Comp Entries 79/0 Jediboy Last post April 07, 2020, 11:06:27 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 179/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:46:19 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 170/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:45:17 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 109/4 Jediboy Last post April 06, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 226/5 Jediboy Last post April 05, 2020, 11:46:39 PM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 68/0 jinky Last post April 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 594575/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571841/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM