• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 55
  • Total: 55
  • Baidu
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Picture loading problems

Started by Jan Hagen, May 31, 2010, 10:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Hagen

Hi

I seem to have problems loading pictures to my CC gallery and can't really figure out why.
The picture is a mere 401kb, with a pixel size of 806x1201. The Mac just shows it as loading - loading - forever.
The other day I got a picture up on the gallery site, but not today and other previous times.
The same goes for a Norwegian site, but no problems with the website for Digital Photographer.
Go figure? Any helpful tips?

Cheers - Jan

Mick

Jan, sorry to hear you're having problems with the gallery. :(

Does it throw up any error on screen when this happens?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Jan Hagen

Hi Mike

Nope, just keeps on ticking and ticking, trying to load the picture, but not going to the next level. Might be my computer, but then again it works on two other UK websites.

Mick

Thanks, I'll check it out and see if I can find any problems.  I upgraded the Gallery a couple of days ago, so this might be the reason. 

What I need to know now, is anyone else having the same problem?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Just Dave

Hi
I just uploaded this image I didnt have any problems

Joshua One Of Our Grandsons

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Jan Hagen

Thanks Mike and Dave

I believe it has to be my computer or modem. Now I was suddenly able to download to the Norwegian site, after being "offline" for 2-3 weeks.
I'll figure out something.
Best wishes - Jan

SimonW

Hi Jan,

If it were me, I'd be suspecting the firewall in my anti-virus/security package. I've had very similar symptoms twice in the past (with my PC, not Mac) when the Windows firewall got turned on by a windows update, so I had two running at once.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.