As some of you know I recently set up a website. Still needs some work and I`ve not put it out there properly yet as I have been having a few problems.
I bought a .co.uk address and directed it towards my luxipics site and all tell me that is correct and working. This link should open it :www.photographybypauldishman.co.uk
Others say it`s fine in which case I need to put it on business cards / publicity and promote it locally. However when I use IE and go to that site it opens with thephotos not coming up - just a little box with an x in it and a changing number of picture as the slideshow goes on on front page.
However if I open the direct link first:www.photographybypauldishman.luxipics.com
- it goes straight to picture and shows all.
close it and then open the .co.uk one again it works fine?
I have been told to use Firefox by luxipics and do all editing in there as it works best with the site and have installed it to do so. After having the same problems the first few times it now works fine going straight to .co.uk one every time and showing pictures.
1.anyone out there on IE8 do you see the photos coming up when you go to the .co.uk address first or do you see the empty boxes with an x.
2. If so why do I not see the same without going to luxipics.com
3. If a problem for others with IE8I will have to use the luxipics address which is too long and also less professional I feel but then so many people use IE8 it has to work with it
4. Should I address the root of my problem to luxipics or 123 domain lot. Both say that all should be well and it shows fine at their end.
5. Is it something I need to adjust on my machine. I have over-written previously saved bookmarks with the new one when having got the .co.uk address to work but to no avail.
My pc is working slowly and groaning constantly at the moment and I know I should have got a new faster one instead of the D700 ordered but...
Anyway this is not an attempt to get you looking at the site so please don`t feel obliged to go through it - just an appeal for help is seeing what the problem is. If everyone else with IE8 can see it then OK I`ll just get on with it and use firefox but if not have a problem.
Thanks for any tips - away a few days in Stratford on Avon so will look in when I get back for your undoubted pearls of wisdom