• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 85
  • Total: 85
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Genuine photo competitions

Started by Rick Wilks, March 19, 2010, 10:17:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Wilks

Hi all, I've been looking to enter some photo competitions on-line and found that there are thousands of the things, does anybody have any recommendations on good competitions to enter or know how to spot the rip off n fake competitions from the genuine ones.

Simple

I can't help you there Rick. The only thing I can advise is that you thoroughly read and understand the Terms and Conditions, especially with regards to copyright and usage of the pictures. AFAIK a lot of the "competitions" are set up to get free material.

Rick Wilks

Thanks Simon, I'll keep looking. I guess I'll just stick with the college ones and maybe try my luck in a Camera Craniums one.  :tup:

picsfor

have you tried ePhotozine Rick?
Friend of mine uses it quite a bit and managed to win himself £500 worth of studio kit which he's most impressed with.
They have a competition section with monthly comps and other comps.

Not fully au fai but he is....

Rick Wilks

Thanks Andrew!! I'll defiantly have a look at that.  :tup:

krennon

And why not join your local camera club if you have one, most clubs run competitions for both Beginners and Advanced,  (Kingston do Print, Slide and Projected Digital Image comps) whilst there is no monetary prize to be gained the pride in achieving a good mark for your photograph from an external judge is immense, a good judge also critiques shots in a constructive way, so why not look into that.
I have come third overall in the Kingston Camera Club Intermediate class and it has given me a real personal boost...who knows maybe I will go for my LRPS now...Unless you're a pro take photos because you want to, not for what you can gain from them, that is not to say don't enter comps, but as already advised be very very wary of rights issues etc, a good one to enter is the Amateur Photographer of the Year Competition but you've missed the start of that...But good luck whatever you decide to do.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.