• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Image swap

Started by Malcolm1938, March 17, 2010, 11:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm1938

I have been able to set up mouse over image swaps on my computer for some time and feel it is very useful for demonstrating changes but I've not been able to do it in a forum post. I asked Mick for help and while I cound not put it directly into a post he suggested a way to achieve it.

It seems to work so the link below will take you to a before and after image, just move your cursor on and off the image.

Please regard this as a tryout posting and if anyone wants to know how it is done please PM me. If demand is high enough we could possibly do a small tutorial.

LINK 
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

Graham

Oh now that's interesting. I could "spill the beans" on a couple of my gigpics! ;)
                    Graham.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Colin

:( not working for me in FF3.6 with javascript turned on.  :'(

Malcolm1938

Very strange - I prepared it in FF 3.6.

Do you get any image at all - are you blocking images with adblock or something - your computer may think it's an advert or pop up.

you may have to wait a little the first time you use it.

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

Jonathan

Works for me in FF 3.6 OS X.  Doesn't work on an iPhone ;)
It's Guest's round

ABERS

An interesting facility, like the option in L/room. It allows viewers to see where the photographer is coming from and of course where he/she ends up. I think it would be of great help to anyone starting out.

Hinfrance

Quote from: Jonathan on March 18, 2010, 07:30:48 AM
Doesn't work on an iPhone ;)

Hardly anything does  :legit:

Not so flash eh? - yeah I know this is about the iPad, but it's the same OS.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Just Dave

Works for me in FF 3.6, windows 7, its a good idea but you need a website to be able to host your onMouseOver and onMouseOut script
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Jonathan

Quote from: Tringle WP on March 18, 2010, 08:17:02 AM
Quote from: Jonathan on March 18, 2010, 07:30:48 AM
Doesn't work on an iPhone ;)

Hardly anything does  :legit:

Not so flash eh? - yeah I know this is about the iPad, but it's the same OS.

Um no, it's because onMouseOver doesn't work if you don't have a mouse.....

Interesting link but they have it backwards.  Lots and lots of people are abandoning flash because iPhone/iPad doesn't support it rather than the other way round.  You can control the technology your website uses.  You can't control the technology your customers use to view it.
It's Guest's round

Mick

Works for me in IE8.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Jonathan, I thought your finger was the mouse pointer on a touch screen?

iPad hasn't even shipped yet. iPhone's are a niche product. You'd need to be mad to switch all your effort to pandering to a minority of your customers. You should, of course, seek to please all of them, but HTML5 is still some way from universal acceptance and somewhat further from universal availability, and so for the majority of web sites not worth implementing in addition to flash.

The reason the Jesus products don't have flash is because they can't make it work properly. Simples. ;) Watch out, there's an Android about . . .

BTW the mouse over works in opera too Mick.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: CannOffice on March 17, 2010, 11:17:03 PM

Please regard this as a tryout posting and if anyone wants to know how it is done please PM me. If demand is high enough we could possibly do a small tutorial.

If anyone wants to take this a step further, and thinks would it be a good idea to create some workflow tutorials?  I will gladly add them to my server for all to view.

I've played with some free software called Wink to create some rough looking tutorials, but I'm sure if a Little time spent using the software we could have some great looking tuts.  Or if anyone has any other free software in mind please share. ;)

Here's an example of one of my rough (very) ones.  :-X

Clicking this link will open the tutorial in a new window,
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Jonathan

Quote from: Tringle WP on March 18, 2010, 09:47:18 AM
Jonathan, I thought your finger was the mouse pointer on a touch screen?

It is.  But it can't detect hover.

Quote from: Tringle WP on March 18, 2010, 09:47:18 AM
iPad hasn't even shipped yet. iPhone's are a niche product. You'd need to be mad to switch all your effort to pandering to a minority of your customers.

Absolutely.  But you'd be amazed how many people hit up my site on mobile devices when they are on the way to a meeting to get directions or contact details.  iPhone is 10X as popular as Symbian for my visitors.  Android accounts for 2% of mobile visitors.  Windows Mobile "fewer" :)

Clever Javascript can do pretty much everything Flash can and it tends to load much faster and is easier to update.  I see Flash dying out in a year or two.
It's Guest's round

Hinfrance

You're probably right about flash, but I think it might take a bit longer.

I'm afraid that extrapolating personal experience to estimate a whole world norm is something we all tend to do. The figures, however, speak for themselves. Despite the loud and omnipresent marketing by denizens of Cupertino the iPhone has about a 1% share of the mobile device market, and barely 10% of the smart phone market, although that 10% is a pretty well defined niche, including perhaps a younger demographic thinking of settling down and with enough money to afford one of the best wedding photographers out there :)

Of the people I know the split is pretty even. Personally the HTC Hero was the bit of kit that impressed me the most. Not that I would ever bother getting one. Well, probably not, anyway.

Just off to have a look at the tutorial.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

SimonW

Cannoffice - your page works fine for me in FF3.6, A useful technique. And I can view the code with a right-click and "view source".
(Mind you, the edited photo looks tilted while the gateposts in the original look vertical.)

Mick - clicking your link gives me a new tab with a fairly short html listing, obviously not working how you'd expect.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.