POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: Chat thread for weekly comp 8th-14th Feb ACTION PHOTOGRAPHY  (Read 2536 times)

Offline jimthetrain

Chat thread for weekly comp 8th-14th Feb ACTION PHOTOGRAPHY
« on: February 07, 2010, 07:23:28 PM »
Chat here:

The subject for next weeks competition is .....

Action Photography;

Anything basically that happens to have action in it. Open to all interpretations. :tup:

Rules:

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 8th to Sunday 14th February.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 15th February.
Poll will be up Tuesday 16th February until 23.59pm Friday 19th February.
Winner to be announced Saturday 20th (winner should post the new topic no later than 23.59 Sunday 21st February).

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
create an entries thread
create a chat thread
create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie sunday xx to Monday xx

pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Poll to be created Tuesday to run till Friday, winner declared Saturday

Editing limits to be specified by the person choosing the competition subject, if nothing is mentioned then there is no limit to editing allowed.

Montage images should only contain images taken within specified dates

Please don't vote for your own entry

Everyone is welcome and comments and critique on the entries are also welcome

Posting your entries, and setting up the poll.  Instructions are here: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.0

BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: Chat thread for weekly comp 8th-14th Feb ACTION PHOTOGRAPHY
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »
I'll give it a go, but I'm more of an inaction sort of person  :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline jimthetrain

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 07:42:59 AM »
There doesn't seem to be a lot of action going on this week. :( I've been working all this week so really only have tomorrow to do something myself. No much going on in the shutter action department neither.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 12:38:43 PM »
It's so bloomin' cold that he fastest thing moving about these parts is the cat - and he looks pretty much stationary.

I've got a smidgen of an idea, so I will try to get something done.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline jimthetrain

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 05:17:54 PM »
Well I tried something when I finished work. Just got to see what the results look like now. I'll post a few rejects here in a while.

Took quite a few and the scalextric hadn't been used for years so the cars kept stopping, but got there in the end. These are a couple of near misses.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 06:02:46 PM by jimthetrain »

picsfor

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 07:49:14 PM »
OK, just been out and got my break from the screen and without even knowing what this weeks theme was - i have an entry!
If i win next weeks entry will be mind reading - you have to guess what i'm thinking the theme will be  :tup: :2funny:

Offline Delamanda

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 01:31:32 PM »
For somebody, who is normally inactive, ice-skating is action packed and so that's my entry for this week.  I felt exhausted just watching them whizz round but thought it looked great fun, so much so, that I was even contemplating the idea of having a go myself.  Then I spotted the gluhwein and punsch stand and, I'm afraid, all thoughts of ice-skating were swiftly dispelled.

Offline jimthetrain

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 02:00:55 PM »
At least you wouldn't need to put those skates on after a few of those drinks. Falling over would just come naturally. :2funny:

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 03:25:13 PM »
Nice one Del - lots of action but also lots of other interest there too.

Mine's a bit lame, sorry. I sort of slow down when it gets cold, a bit like a reptile. So that's why I'm taking a crate of Red Bull to keep me going in the mountains next week . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline irv_b

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 09:04:34 PM »
Yeah mines a bit lame also H :(  I was hoping to get some kite surfers in action off Lancing beach but of course the two times I was there, they weren't  :D also I was working in a school when they had a football match on but thought it was inappropiate to get the camera out and a walk along the thames where the rowers practice provided no shots of rowers only some cormorants and two shots of houses ::)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 10:04:52 PM »
The dogs tend to go potty in this weather. They just love the snow and this little madam is no exception.

Tara in action

Some excellent shots coming in now, strange how we have all week to do something and the entries all come in at the last minute :)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »

Some excellent shots coming in now, strange how we have all week to do something and the entries all come in at the last minute :)

It depends on the weather/light and if you catch the action spot on. Today we had good light but the blackbird picture I posted below was almost out of frame and focus not spot on. With the Swan picture taken yesterday the light wasn't good.  ;D

Washing Swan.

Blackbird leaving.

Click image for bigger size.

These became a couple of my rejects.  :tup:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:00:31 PM by Oldboy »

Offline jinky

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 10:15:45 AM »
Some nice shots in this week  but I failed to keep my promise to me to get an entry in. As one or two of you know I`ve been battling a concussion and not taken any photos in days which is a bit of a culture shock. Had to laugh at del`s ice rink shot as another crusade of mine recently has been to challenge leeds Councils restrictions on shots of our Ice Cube where we now have to apply for a permit to shoot unless we can prove it is a relative or family member in shot - oh and we need to get a consent from for every adult and a parental consent form for under 18s who are identifiable in the shot ::) If you wander round with a compact you are generally unchallenged but dslr and in come security. Needless to say I tested it out a few times before my knock on the head.

Anyway - need to ponder on that poll when it comes and work out what to do for Inside.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 01:41:35 PM »
Excuses - you should have snapped the A&E team as they wheeled you about the hospital . .

As for the Leeds council thing, it sounds a bit fishy to me. Have you a tame lawyer you can get on the case? Has the local rag published any pictures? If so go to the council and ask to see copies of all the release forms and permissions. If they haven't got them (and I bet they won't have) they won't be able to stop you or anyone else in the future.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline jinky

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 08:28:15 PM »
I couldn`t focus with my own eyes never mind a camera in there ;)
Amazingly Leeds Council have done everything right for once and there is no public right of way over the square when there is an event on and their license allowing photogrpahy restrictions covers the whole square, Town hall steps and balcony of adjacent pub - all ares I had identified as possibles. They have it sown up legally but say they will allow photography if friends and family for personal use and not published to internet (including Flcikr etc) They will issue permits subject to consent forms but the worst they do if enforcing and catching you at it is ask you to leave. I therefore stated to my local councillor, who has been very supportive and sees it as a breach of rights, that it will be civil disobedience for me and have so far taken and posted around half a dozen illicit pictures of said ice rink. Not been stopped yet and Leeds Flickr group want to buy me a Batman suit to do Fathers 4 Justice type stunts. Daft thing is they are using an Andy Rouse Arctic Circle exhibition all around the \ice Cube and don`t see the clash of approaches. I`ve asked Flickr Leeds members attending a session he is doing on it to ask him if he is aware of the policies on photography as I won`t be able to go.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 40/0 Hinfrance Last post Today at 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 120/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 173/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 218/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 60/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 20/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 269/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM