POLL - Home and GardenHOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...

Author Topic: terrorism  (Read 1621 times)

Offline nickt

• nick.thompson photography
terrorism
« on: January 26, 2010, 07:21:32 PM »

picsfor

Re: terrorism
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 08:14:20 PM »
Well i can improve on that.
I am sorry to say that i finally lost the plot and told said person to go away in an extremely rude fashion.

My crime? Taking pictures of pot holes down a rather remote country road in the vicinity of Twineham - which i think we can conclude is in the out backs of Sussex.
It was sooo remote that even the cattle approximately a mile away could be heard!

For my pic of the day challenge i thought i would do  a shot of a pot hole as they are being moaned about as much as the snow was.
Found said pot holes, parked car - composed shot and...
"Excuse me - can i ask what you're doing?"
"What do you think i'm doing? Go on - have a guess?"
"Well it looks like you're taking a photograph of a pot hole"
"So why did you stop to ask if you already know what i'm doing?"
"Are you from the council or Highways people?"
"No - what difference does it make, i'm performing a legitimate act under UK common and statute legislation"
"So you haven't asked permission!"

To which my reply was
"Go on f**k off and get a life - and stop hounding every person with a camera. Go on - f**k off"
"I've got your registration number i'm going to report you"
Click of the shutter with a 17mm wide angle "And i've got a picture of yours and of you - if any one comes knocking on my door i will be suing you for harassment now f**k off"

Shocked and disgusted the Range Rover drove off.

I'm sorry i have sullied the reputation of photographers but surely there has to be a line at which i can enjoy my past time!

Offline happypaddler

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 08:31:08 PM »
 :tup: Why not! Were all allowed bad days and to tell people to mind there own business. And if done in such a fashion - well perhaps said idiot won't bother asking another photographer such stupid questions!

Offline jinky

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 09:59:43 PM »
Great isn`t it - have you got permission to take a picture of a hole in the public highway! Well done I say for standing your ground! ;)

Offline spinner

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 12:26:38 AM »
What exactly, is the incidence of mental illness in the UK these days. Seems the more I read these anecdotes the more I think the asylums are full and you people are suffering a massive spill over.  :(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 02:58:18 AM »
What exactly, is the incidence of mental illness in the UK these days. Seems the more I read these anecdotes the more I think the asylums are full and you people are suffering a massive spill over.  :(

They've closed most of the asylums to put them back in the communities.  :(

Offline hevans

• Sigh....why me again??
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 10:20:17 AM »

The asylums are where the sane are now kept. It's a matter of perspective, really.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 11:48:50 AM »

The asylums are where the sane are now kept. It's a matter of perspective, really.

:2funny: :2funny:

Offline Malcolm1938

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 12:53:28 PM »

"So you haven't asked permission!"

Excuse me Hole in the Road - please may I take your photograph and if I do will you please sign a release form so that I can use your photograpgh for commercial purposes?

Not a question I can see a lot of point in asking but I would have been tempted to ask it in front of the twit.

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

picsfor

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »
Please, i have only just calmed down as i get ready to go out for my daily shot.
I'm thinking of doing Brighton Police Station where probably no one will even be bothered - and who knows may even get a rendition of...
Gilbert & Sullivans "A Policeman's lot is not a nappy one!"

Offline Nemesis

• CC Regular visitor
    • A Few Snapshots
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 01:56:56 PM »
Can't help but think a reply of "Yes" would have caused even more contention to the busybody...

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Home and Garden International Weekly Comp Entries 88/0 Jediboy Last post April 07, 2020, 11:06:27 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 184/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:46:19 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 173/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:45:17 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 110/4 Jediboy Last post April 06, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 232/5 Jediboy Last post April 05, 2020, 11:46:39 PM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 69/0 jinky Last post April 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 594845/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571992/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM