What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...TIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...Drone Potato Poll 27/06 - 06/07...

Author Topic: Focus on Imaging 2010?  (Read 7456 times)

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
Focus on Imaging 2010?
« on: January 24, 2010, 06:14:15 PM »
Is anyone going this year?

I'm planning on going on the Monday again - I do have the advantage of being A) local and B) get a free ticket.

The former is my good luck, the latter I'm sure anyone can!

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Forseti

Re: Focus on Imaging 2010?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 06:59:15 PM »
I do have the advantage of being local

Yes, lucky you. Would appreciate you following up your post with useful info regarding any new Canon lenses.
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Offline Sandy

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 08:19:45 PM »
I had thought of going on the Sunday, and then I found out today that the trains that weekend take four hours to get from London to Birmingham

Sandy

Offline CML-1591

• Flickr
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 09:11:48 PM »
I might be going, prob over the weekend though, not that far for me really.

How do people get to these for free? I am sure we could of done something at the last event to get it free but my Dad didn't bother for some reason  ???
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 10:07:01 PM by CML-1591 »
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Offline alan1572

• I'll do it tomorrow
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 06:56:38 PM »
do they offers on for people on the day?
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Offline anglefire

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
I might be going, prob over the weekend though, not that far for me really.

How do people get to these for free? I am sure we could of done something at the last event to get it free but my Dad didn't bother for some reason  ???

Well, you have to be a professional photographer or a trade visitor?

From the website this is they say

What entitles you to free admission to FOCUS ON IMAGING?

If you are earning your living as a full-time professional photographer.
If you are a commercial company, government or HM Forces buyer or specifier of imaging equipment or services.
If you are, or work for, a manufacturer, importer, retailer, dealer, distributor, importer of imaging equipment.
If you are a professional processor of images.
If you are a provider of professional imaging services.
If you are in a professional publishing or photographic library capacity directly related to the imaging marketplace.

It looks like they have changed the rules slightly - though how you prove anything from the above I'm not really sure.

Still, I have automatically got my free ticket for this year.  :tup:
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline anglefire

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 07:34:55 PM »
Actually, I've just gone a bit further into the process and it comes up with what work you are related to,

Weddings/Portrait Photographers/Schools   
Advertising/Fashion/Press   
Design/Graphics   
Printing/Publishing   
Sport   
Medical/Scientific/Forensic   
Aerial/Underwater/Wildlife   
Illustrative/Fine Arts   
Government/HM Forces   
Architecture/Agriculture   
Industrial Engineering   
Processing/Finishing   
Retailer/Dealer/Manufacturer   
Importer/Distributor   
Education   
Video/Audio Visual/TV   
Industry/Commerce

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline CML-1591

• Flickr
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 08:40:09 PM »
Hmm wonder if that Education section means just that you work under Photography like teacher/helper/lecturer rather than student of... bah!

Thanks Mark.
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Offline jinky

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 08:31:34 PM »
I do wonder how you would prove status - a business card / letterhead? I`ve versions of both for odd jobs I`ve done. I would like to get down there for a day or two. Added bonus is Nikon have asked if they can use my photo on their stand to promote their competition and I`ll be credited. Look out for it. Actually I might be cheeky and ask Nikon if they can provide me with a pass - worth a try  ;)

Offline CML-1591

• Flickr
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »
I do wonder how you would prove status - a business card / letterhead? I`ve versions of both for odd jobs I`ve done. I would like to get down there for a day or two. Added bonus is Nikon have asked if they can use my photo on their stand to promote their competition and I`ll be credited. Look out for it. Actually I might be cheeky and ask Nikon if they can provide me with a pass - worth a try  ;)

Congrats. What is the picture?

Offline anglefire

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 07:17:23 PM »
They have never asked me for accreditation. Just turn up, go to the right desk, get the badge and go in.

If they want my card they can have it - but they aren't bothered really!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 09:52:27 PM »
Just to upset you all. I didn't register this year but they've sent me a ticket anyway.  8)

Offline jinky

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 05:51:48 AM »
Sorry Craig - just seen your comment. This was the comp picture thread:
http://inframe.nikoncompetition.co.uk/?id=02

Got me £100 but no sign of a free pass yet. Have to decide whether to blag it or pre-book. Maybe going on the Monday with a mate from Leeds so may see someone there.

Offline greypoint

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 07:37:08 AM »
Well done - brilliant shot :tup:

Offline Sandy

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 07:33:43 PM »
I hope to go on the Sunday

Sandy

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 634735/3970 Jediboy Last post Today at 09:43:05 AM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 30/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 19/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 166/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 135/2 jinky Last post July 30, 2020, 12:58:25 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 206/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM
xx TIME OUT. Entry thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 165/3 Oldboy Last post July 27, 2020, 10:17:12 PM
xx Horizons CHAT thread 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 85/1 anglefire Last post July 27, 2020, 08:49:22 PM