FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...LIQUID - Entry thread - w...

Author Topic: Ever wondered what you look like when you're taking pictures?  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
Ever wondered what you look like when you're taking pictures?
« on: January 19, 2010, 09:38:53 AM »
Now I don't have to wonder any more.

A guest just posted a video of first dance from Saturday.  It includes some rather alarming footage of me "in action".  Take a look and see if you can figure out

1. Exactly how may pictures I took in 4m 24s
2. What the person in the black military jacket is doing
3. What all the hand waving is about

I'm just grateful they didn't post the bit with me lying on the floor....

http://myweddingstory.co.uk/2010/01/louise-and-anthony-get-married-at-little-silver/ - down the bottom.

It's Guest's round

picsfor

Re: Ever wondered what you look like when you're taking pictures?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 09:48:56 AM »
What i found most interesting is how at the end they appeared to come over to you to look at the pictures you had taken.
Is that the norm nowadays - having to give a quick slide show off the camera of what you've taken thus far?

It certainly looks like they had a great time and i'm glad the snow cleared for all and they got a variety of video and pictures to remember it all by.

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 10:27:57 AM »
Is that the norm nowadays - having to give a quick slide show off the camera of what you've taken thus far?

No.  At least not for me.

I'll only usually show a client the camera if
1. It's a cool capture that I want to prove I didn't Photoshop :) like fireworks etc
2. They need a bit of reinforcement.  If I'm taking pics of the groom I'll often show them to the bride so she can go "wow, you look great!!!" to him.

Can't remember what we talked about but they didn't see the pics then.  They were probably asking if I'd had enough from the buffet :D
It's Guest's round

Offline oRGie

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:02:18 PM »
I was waiting for them to do a maniac dance for youtube lol :)  handy mobile flash stand  :beer:

Offline Simple

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 01:02:10 PM »
I was waiting for them to do a maniac dance for youtube lol :)  handy mobile flash stand  :beer:

You beat me to it :D Working on voice and handsignals! I suppose if you can afford a Hasselblad you can afford one of those. ;)

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 01:55:46 PM »
What this mobile light stand?

It's Guest's round

picsfor

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 02:05:15 PM »
Is that the Amy model?  ;D :D

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 04:01:26 PM »
Is that the Amy model?  ;D :D

Err, yeah.  Believe it or not she's ex-military....

BTW totally loving the Lastolite Hilite.
It's Guest's round

Offline Simple

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 04:53:21 PM »
 :D
Nah, I might be able to afford a hasselblad at a push, but that "Amy model" is way out of my price range.LOL

Offline Graham

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 04:54:31 PM »
   The Strobist folks refer to them as VALS...(Voice Activated Light Stands.) :2funny:
                       Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 05:16:01 PM »
BTW totally loving the Lastolite Hilite.

It's looking like 2010 could be an interesting year for you Jonathan.
You're gonna need another holiday at this rate just to recuperate!

Offline DaveB

• Airworks Pro Gallery
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »
  The Strobist folks refer to them as VALS...(Voice Activated Light Stands.) :2funny:
                       Graham.

;D Love it! I'll be using that.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 21/0 jinky Last post Today at 10:28:18 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 22/0 jinky Last post Today at 10:26:56 AM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 139/1 jinky Last post Today at 10:16:00 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 592873/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571051/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp CHAT thread International Weekly Comp Entries 391/13 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:12:04 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp ENTRY thread International Weekly Comp Entries 177/5 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:08:37 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:22:41 PM