• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 208
  • Total: 208
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Flash bracket

Started by nickt, January 17, 2010, 11:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickt

Does anyone use or have an opinion on flash brackets? I think having one might be handy as the flash gun is off camera and might help to be a bit more creative when bouncing flash. It might be more versitile than having the flash on top of the camera.

Nick

oRGie

For my 430exII the foot has a tripod thread, so I stick it on my old benbo :)

Zenmer

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe

nickt

The problem I can see with the bracket is that you can only shoot in landscape mode as going in to vertical would put the gun under the camera. Or am I wrong?

Nick

Malcolm1938

Mount the flash bracket with your flash to the right of your camera and turn the camera anti clockwise or mount the flash to the left of your camera and turn the camera clockwise... I think either of these approaches will put the fash above the camera in portrait mode....
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

Zenmer

Hence the ball and socket attachment, you can put the flash at any angle  ;)
Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe

Jonathan

Quote from: nickt on January 18, 2010, 11:06:07 PM
The problem I can see with the bracket is that you can only shoot in landscape mode as going in to vertical would put the gun under the camera. Or am I wrong?

Nick

Depends if you're an elbow up or elbow down shooter ;)

Stroboframe make some fiendish flip brackets but they are cumbersome.  I generally have somebody hold the flash for me 8)
It's Guest's round

nickt

I knew I was wrong. :D
Nick

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.