POLL - Home and GardenHOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...

Author Topic: the law is an Ass (again)  (Read 1301 times)

Offline alan1572

• I'll do it tomorrow

Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Offline spinner

Re: the law is an Ass (again)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 03:49:58 PM »
I guess a man's home isn't his castle afterall.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

picsfor

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 04:06:16 PM »
I guess a man's home isn't his castle afterall.

not in the UK.

Our law works on the premise of "Human Rights" - that is as bonafide criminals they have a right to earn a living that way and be protected in the pursuit of that activity.
Standing up to them will see you prosecuted and then sued for compensation as thier human rights were invoked when you tried to stop them earning their living - and the stress that has brought upon them and all their family. And they're not even sure they can work again as criminals because they're fear for it happening again. They might never work again and have to be supported at huge cost by the state.

And let's not even get into the arena of illegal refugees who have escaped punishment in their own country for killing, raping and mugging. It's against their human rights to deport them from whence they come because it owuld mean they would suffer... :'( :'( :'(

Welcome to the UK.

Will the last genuine Brit leaving remember to shut the door and switch the light off!

Offline alan1572

• I'll do it tomorrow
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 04:44:03 PM »
Will the last genuine Brit leaving remember to shut the door and switch the light off!
amen to that
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 05:14:04 PM »
There was a report the other night about bogus marriages, were illegal immigrants marry a woman who is a member of a ECC country, so has a legal right to live in this country. She marries the illegal immigrant and confers on him the right to remain in this country. Even though the registrar knows it's a sham wedding he can't stop it, as a court has ruled it infringed their human rights to stop them getting married.  :'(

Offline greypoint

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 05:31:05 PM »
Now I know you have to hate anything written in the Daily Mail or it upsets the Guardian readers - and you especially have to hate Richard Littlejohn....but this did make me laugh....just a bit...sorry.... ::)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1241482/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-Mandelson-run-Jubilee-God-save-Queen.html

picsfor

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 05:50:50 PM »
yep - gotta go with you on that one.
Sides have almost stopped splitting.
The worrying thing is - it all has a ring of 'plausibility' about it!

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Home and Garden International Weekly Comp Entries 84/0 Jediboy Last post April 07, 2020, 11:06:27 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 181/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:46:19 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 171/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:45:17 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 109/4 Jediboy Last post April 06, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 229/5 Jediboy Last post April 05, 2020, 11:46:39 PM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 68/0 jinky Last post April 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 594655/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571898/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM