POLL - Home and GardenHOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...

Author Topic: What's your bag, baby?  (Read 2228 times)

Offline chris@seary.com

What's your bag, baby?
« on: January 05, 2010, 11:32:37 PM »
.....in the words of Austin Powers.

1) What sort of photographs do you take?

2) Why do you do it?

3) Thought of doing anything else?

For instance, moi. I'm bonkers about street photography, I think it's the most purposeful outlet for my interest. I think it's all about documenting life, especially the environment you're in.

I've done loads of it over the last two years, and am now branching out with a 365 - that's 365 self-portraits, one for each day of the year.

What else am I interested in? Well, I'd like to have a go at landscape photography when I get time. Not the scenic stuff, more documentation of the modern environment - shopping centres, housing estates etc.

What about you lot?

Offline Oldboy

Re: What's your bag, baby?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:20:05 AM »
It's nature photography for me, trying to catch them in their daily lives. Also, landscapes and street photography I quite enjoy.  ;D

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 07:37:32 AM »
I enjoy Motorsport, portraits, casual people shots, landscapes. Most really.

I enjoy macro - though don't do it much - mostly because the only macro lens I have is the EF-s 60mm which only works on my 350D - and the batteries are dying on that one so I have to think about it before I want to do some. Which Don't happen!

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

picsfor

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 08:00:07 AM »
Historically, my photography covered where i worked (railway), family and travels (holidays) - but since moving into the digital arena it has started to evolve.

Now, i'm more inclined towards landscape, urban and street photography. I think probably reportage covers it most - documenting life as i see it.
I've also started to shoot with stock image in mind for pension purposes and to try and cover the costs of this hobby (this last year has seen me spend £5k +).

I've also acquired a full studio kit which i intend to make use of more and more, so i suppose portrait will come into it and some increasing measure.

Offline alan1j

• Catch the light...
    • My Shutterspace
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 08:31:32 AM »
Well to start with I am a bit of a petrolhead so cars and motorsport were my main subjects but that was when I used 35mm with older minolta gear many years ago. Moving onto digital with sony and my older lenses I still remained the same untill finding DCM.

Their I began to witness a great change within my outlook of what the eye sees. Through the involvement of that most brilliant site I started straying out of the box. NOW chasing the light where ever it my be!! MY main passion is now landscape and lowlight shoots and nature, be it a small bug or a larger mammal or bird that we share this planet with. As for cars/motorsport...hardly ever ;)

So to me, Where ever the light does flow is  where I want to be, be it the sun, the moon or manmade. the subject is where my eyes do rest. :)

Must dash...Somethings just caught my eye AGAIN.... :legit:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:39:27 AM by alan1j »

Offline jinky

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 09:07:13 AM »
I love variety and try my hand at everything. Do less portraits than anything else and need to do more but love doing landscapes, macro ( not much lately) and recently it seems anything that attracts the attention of a security bloke wanting to look big :(

Offline alan1j

• Catch the light...
    • My Shutterspace
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 09:13:29 AM »
I love variety and try my hand at everything. Do less portraits than anything else and need to do more but love doing landscapes, macro ( not much lately) and recently it seems anything that attracts the attention of a security bloke wanting to look big :(

Funny that They always seem to make a beline for us togs and level the criminals alone :2funny:

Offline oRGie

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 05:29:31 PM »
I would be hard pushed to choose a particular type, any subject really, I just want to get good photos and I dont mean just technically, but emotionally  :beer:

Offline Sandy

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 04:41:55 PM »
I seem to heading towards landscapes thou I do like travel photography. Iam also doing a project on telephone boxes.

Sandy

picsfor

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 04:52:45 PM »
Iam also doing a project on telephone boxes.
Sandy

And very interesting you phone box portfolio must be having seen you in action scouting them out on meets Sandy.
Hence my last trip to London and the picture of a black and red telephone box almost side by side.

Offline Darren1978

• CC Regular visitor
    • Darren Faulkner Photos
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 08:29:27 AM »
I'm a bit like Jinky in that I love to take a variety of shots and will turn my hand to almost anything, except for portraits, as I have a 'fear' for that area of photography.  I'd like to consider myself as a Jack of all trades but master at none  ;D

I really would like to concentrate on a few specific areas, but I just can't decide on which ones...:D

Offline CML-1591

• Flickr
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »
Anything post modern thanks to uni.

I like Macro stuff after seeing LordV's stuff and because I like how insects live their lives etc etc... just another world waiting to be explored, just want the MP-E 65mm =(. Also Landscapes, wouldn't mind portraits but I'm not much good at talking to people in person TBH so...a challenge that needs to be over come.
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Home and Garden International Weekly Comp Entries 88/0 Jediboy Last post April 07, 2020, 11:06:27 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 184/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:46:19 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 173/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:45:17 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 110/4 Jediboy Last post April 06, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 232/5 Jediboy Last post April 05, 2020, 11:46:39 PM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 69/0 jinky Last post April 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 594846/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571995/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM