• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,515
  • Total Topics: 5,735
  • Online today: 141
  • Online ever: 6,071 (March 12, 2026, 03:28:52 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 192
  • Total: 192
Wish
What made you feel good t...Weekly CompetitionsCanon kit to borrow (free...Dreaminess Happy Christmas 2025!NiceVeedi 2-Pack Photogra...DJI Osmo Action 6 Essenti...RØDE Wireless ME Ultra-co...NEEWER Snap On ND Filter ...BRDRC Pocket 3 Camera Bik...Lenovo LOQ | 15.6 inch Fu...DJI Mic 3 (2 TX + 1 RX + ...DJI Mic Mini (2 TX + 1 RX...DJI OSMO Action 5 Pro 4 3...DJI Osmo Action 5 Pro Adv...Post your best shots here

Jason Howe War Photographer

Started by skellum, September 19, 2011, 11:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Listened to a Radio 4 programme tonight ( infact typing this as I listen ) about an ordinary guy from Ipswich who worked in a camera shop and went on to become a War photographer. Should be able to listen again, the programme is called  ' Jon Ronson On ' Series 5, Jon Ronson talks to conflict photographer Jason Howe.  Anyway I thought it was very interesting. Beats my ' Electrician who became a Football photographer '. :(

Here is a link to his website.   www.conflictpics.com

ABERS

Thanks for a great steer Dave. You have to be made of stern stuff and steely determination to up and go out to places where danger is ever present.

Mind you I did an Irish wedding way back for which I should have been awarded a medal for actions way above the call of duty, still I healed up fairly quickly! :o

Oldboy

#2
Quote from: ABERS on September 20, 2011, 07:31:25 AM
Mind you I did an Irish wedding way back for which I should have been awarded a medal for actions way above the call of duty, still I healed up fairly quickly! :o

Irish wedding.....now that is really the front line!  :o

But not as dangerous as this!  :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qNOIJNfICI&feature=player_embedded

nickt

Thanks for that Dave. It was quite thought provoking. It shows how complex us humans are.
Nick

skellum

Has anyone listened to the radio program ?   As for the most dangerous photography I have done click here  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyVZL38cN68&feature=player_profilepage  I think some of you will of seen it before.  Preston North Ends Deepdale ground is one of the few remaining that allow photographers onto the edge of the pitch without anything in front of you like a advertising board for protection but most of the togs prefer it that way.

This website is proudly hosted on Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting.


Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.