The shortlist for this year's Taylor Wessing Portait prize has been announced
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14929248
What's your money on? :-\
Look a bit like holiday snaps to me? :P
You must go on some odd holidays.
I never agree with the judges but I suspect they will pick David Knight as the winner and use Jooney Woodward as the poster image. Jasper Clarke as an outside bet.
I think the choice is likely to be David Knight's shot, with Jasper Clarke's Wen for titilation ;)
I bet these five are not the best of the bunch, and I would not be inspired to buy a print of any of the shortlisted shots. :beer:
Style of the moment I suppose - vaguely ironic..warts and all..and whatever you do - look miserable! :dance: :dance:
Quote from: greypoint on September 20, 2011, 11:04:13 AM
Style of the moment I suppose - vaguely ironic..warts and all..and whatever you do - look miserable! :dance: :dance:
:2funny: :2funny:
Quote from: greypoint on September 20, 2011, 11:04:13 AM
Style of the moment I suppose - vaguely ironic..warts and all..and whatever you do - look miserable! :dance: :dance:
:)
Fashions often repeat like mundane backgrounds ;)
It's hard to grasp. How many such pictures have you decided to bin after looking at them, let alone offer them up for a competition.
Dona Schwarz's Mum and Dad image reminds me very much of the pictures my daughters take of my wife and myself, the fact that it's taken in their son's bedroom seems a pretty lame excuse for remarking on it.
Ah well, I'll plod on in my ignorance. ::)
A strange competition this one. If I were to choose and its only my opinion it would be the 3rd image ' Jasper Clarke's Wen '. The women in image 2 ' Jill Woosters friend Lili ' does not look at all well and is scary and should be binned along with the others.
Before I go and have a look, do I have to prepare myself for a picture of a lady showing her lady parts?
Graham. :o
And I thought I was crap at portraits.