• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 129
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 147
  • Total: 147
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicrhodes

Quote from: Oldboy on November 13, 2009, 10:27:54 AM
You have a bell on your bike!  :o

Walking around Sandwell Valley I encounter many Cyclist, but what annoys me is none of them have a bell! I can't remember the number of times they have shot by me from behind whilst I've been scanning the trees totally unaware they are there.  >:(

I do have a bike and do a lot of serious riding, I'd never put a bell on my bike but I and mates do shout to let people know we are coming. Anyone who doesn't use lights is stupid. There are a lot of people who like to cycle in black cycling clothing because it looks cool, the trouble is even on bright days they can be difficult to see. We each have to take responsibility for our road use whether we are walking, cycling, or using motor transport it is important to remember that medical science can't always put humpty back together again...

Graham

Quote from: magicrhodes on November 13, 2009, 10:36:43 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on November 13, 2009, 10:27:54 AM
You have a bell on your bike!  :o

Walking around Sandwell Valley I encounter many Cyclist, but what annoys me is none of them have a bell! I can't remember the number of times they have shot by me from behind whilst I've been scanning the trees totally unaware they are there.  >:(

I do have a bike and do a lot of serious riding, I'd never put a bell on my bike but I and mates do shout to let people know we are coming. Anyone who doesn't use lights is stupid. There are a lot of people who like to cycle in black cycling clothing because it looks cool, the trouble is even on bright days they can be difficult to see. We each have to take responsibility for our road use whether we are walking, cycling, or using motor transport it is important to remember that medical science can't always put humpty back together again...
Oh yes, I have a bell (Even though it spoils the lines of my nice new carbon fibre steed! :))
      I find that most pedestrians these days have those little white earphones pluged in, so I am considering countering the effect with a set of air horns!
                     Graham. :)
http://www.airhorns.co.uk/product.asp?lot=21&pnid=581&deptid=290
     PS   A bit like these :D

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

WAMT?

discovering that a certain Box Store that I went to, specifically to purchase the Family Pack upgrade version of Win7 has actually sold me a single version full. So not only
was I charged more money than I should have been, I couldn't activate the 2nd and 3rd PC as I didn't have a licence for them!! :o Now I have to go back and likely fight with them to get the proper item and a refund.  >:(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

greypoint

As a mere pedestrian [who does'nt own either mobile phone or one of those ipod thingummies], after last nights horrendous dark walk home in driving rain I'd like to say I don't care what you drive or ride just keep off the  $£%^&%" FOOTpath! I'd really like someone to point me to the amended version of the highway code that says 'where you feel your car may be damaged or where there's a yellow line, you may park on the pavement' Don't people care that mothers with pushchairs have to walk out onto busy roads and is'nt there meant to be access for the disabled to go about safely?? There's lots of places where cyclists use the footpath and it makes sense due to the high level of traffic and low use of the path but it's certainly a heart stopping moment when they swoosh past unexpectedly.

picsfor

Nope - don't move for them. It clearly says cycle lane and if i move outside of it i can get a fine...

When i point this out to them and they get all stroppy i invite them to walk in the middle of the road and see if the cars will move!
One day some one will take up my offer...

But that said, i then hav to compete with d*$%head cyclists who ride 3 and 4 abreast occupying the footpath and then complain when the pedestrain doesn't vacate the path of them or reduce to single file for oncoming cyclists.
When you have the audacity to remind them it is only 10mph on a cycle lane they look at you like ou should be in a care home in carpet slippers.

It is the world i live in 'i'm coming and i've got my rights and it's your job to observe my space and my rights and let ME do what I want..."

happypaddler

I do have a bike and do a lot of serious riding, I'd never put a bell on my bike but [/quote]

It's actually a legal requirment to have a bell on you bike in the jurisdiction of England and Wales :legit:

hevans

I live in Holland... Don't get me started on the "kings of the road"... >:(

Their safety is entirely everyone else's responsibility, and entirely not their own.  :o

H.

oRGie

I got nicked when i was a kid, trying to do my postround on a bike with no lights, I would have gotten away with a warning in court if my dad hadnt decided to lecture the court about wasting his tax money when they should be chasing real criminals, at least he had to pay the fine anyway lol..

WAMT... first day with new cam and its grey, overcast and slightly drizzling  :'(

Graham

Quote from: oRGie on November 13, 2009, 02:52:06 PM
WAMT... first day with new cam and its grey, overcast and slightly drizzling  :'(
Get out there and take some pictures you wuss! :2funny:
                    Graham.  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

greypoint

Well I know it generally rains whenever someone gets a new camera but I did'nt realise the curse crossed seas and borders - been piddling down here for two days now and we know whose fault it is now :2funny:

Nemesis

Go on - test the environmental seals now you have the chance  ::)

Oldboy

Great time to try it out in harsh conditions.  ::)

I've been out in the rain today, and I'll be out tomorrow when the gales hit!  :2funny:

Al Birmingham

9 years ago I got a posting out of Scotland, partly because I hated my boss.
Got promoted and started a new job today - guess who my new boss is!

Tomorrow I hand in my notice, time to rejoin civvy street.
Al Birmingham

picsfor

I can empathise with you on that one AI.
Hope this cloud has an extremely shiny silver lining to it.

magicrhodes

Quote from: happypaddler on November 13, 2009, 02:23:52 PM
I do have a bike and do a lot of serious riding, I'd never put a bell on my bike but

It's actually a legal requirment to have a bell on you bike in the jurisdiction of England and Wales :legit:
[/quote]

No, it isn't. At point of sale bikes must be fitted with a bell but there is no requirement for them remain insitu once off display. The Highway Code does not stipulate that bells must be used. It states: "Be considerate of other road users, particularly blind and partially sighted pedestrians. Let them know you are there when necessary, for example by ringing your bell."

The important part of this is be considerate and that applies to all of us drivers, pedestrians, cyclists, etc etc! As long as we are all nice then we should be able to play alongside each other. BTW I am more than happy to admit there are some idiot cyclists and I have no time for cyclists who run red lights etc

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.