• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 92
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 104
  • Total: 104
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: kerbside on July 07, 2015, 07:45:57 PM
People in general who do not comply to things and expect everything to revolve around them. Could be an age thing on my part mind you.

I'm with you.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

David Blandford

Quote from: oRGie on August 19, 2009, 12:02:38 AM
Quote from: irv_b on August 18, 2009, 11:09:35 PM
Had tooth ache all evening now I'm going to have to get a dental appt - I hate the dentist >:(

Last time I had toothache I got some great sunrise photos :)    :-X   :beer:

Just got back from Dentist after having a tooth out, now wish I never when in the first place ! :(
still trying to paint with light!!

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on June 05, 2015, 07:18:57 PM
Insurance is fine until you make a claim. Then they will try to recoup the payout in two years by increasing the premiums you pay.  :uglystupid2:

I'm noticing more and more, here in Beautiful Ontario, cars driving around with accident damage that hasn't been claimed and so not repaired. We have a 'No Fault' regime here. Which means each Insurance Co. pays for it's own customer regardless of fault and now anyone who's had a ding gets their insurance bumped up. Saw a car last night that had clearly been rear ended, which 'should' mean not their fault, but the damage was obviously old, so I'm guessing they're afraid to make a claim.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

DigiDiva

Cycle repair men presuming cos Im a lady, I don't understand.....
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

kerbside

Stuffed my knee up, AGAIN, so stairs are a bugger, what was my first site visit today, a loft conversion and access by a scaffolders ladder, great.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

Cold calls.

I now get calls from machines, so I cannot 'play' with them, and curtly saying 'Not interested, goodbye' does not really 'work' either.
I get a daily call from a firm, pushing the Government subsidies for solar panels etcetera.

And yesterday some computer which offered to clean my barbeque!!!

You can press a number to register your interest, or one to be removed from their list. It is obvious they do not check with the Telephone Preference Service, or maybe they call from abroad.

I normally just put the phone down, but I do wonder if you make yourself vulnerable to even more calls if you press either button? Even the one to be removed from the list?
Does anyone know?

WillyP

There may be some merit to the idea that if you respond in any way, the calling machine will record that it received a human interaction, and therefore your number is now more valuable.

Makes sense to me anyway. Having failed to sell you on the BBQ cleaning, phone number lists are valuable, and confirmed numbers most valuable.

Reinardina

Thought as much.

But answering is a reaction, even if you don't say anything. And some services (doctor's surgeries for instance), withhold their number, so I do not not  want to answer.  If you get my drift.

WillyP

I agree.

It's like the unsubscribe link in spam e-mail, though. They can track your response, and the more you respond the better. For them, that is.  It's better to give them as little of want they want as possible.

hssutton

We keep getting phone calls and knocks at the door with the question "are you the owner" We just put the phone down, or if it's a knock at the door, we just say NO and shut the door. You have to be polite :)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on August 13, 2015, 09:04:52 AM
Cold calls.

I now get calls from machines, so I cannot 'play' with them, and curtly saying 'Not interested, goodbye' does not really 'work' either.
I get a daily call from a firm, pushing the Government subsidies for solar panels etcetera.

And yesterday some computer which offered to clean my barbeque!!!

You can press a number to register your interest, or one to be removed from their list. It is obvious they do not check with the Telephone Preference Service, or maybe they call from abroad.

I normally just put the phone down, but I do wonder if you make yourself vulnerable to even more calls if you press either button? Even the one to be removed from the list?
Does anyone know?

Get an answer machine then you can pick up if it's someone you wish to talk too.  :tup:

Quote from: WillyP on August 13, 2015, 03:18:57 PM
There may be some merit to the idea that if you respond in any way, the calling machine will record that it received a human interaction, and therefore your number is now more valuable.

Once you answer they know the number is live and can be sold to other firms.  >:(

Reinardina

Quote from Oldboy:
Get an answer machine then you can pick up if it's someone you wish to talk too.  :tup:

I'm not keen on answer machines and have not activated mine. If people who matter, need to reach me, they have my mobile number. All  others can ring again.

Quote from Oldboy:
Once you answer they know the number is live and can be sold to other firms.  >:(

Once the call goes to an answer phone, they know it is a live number anyway.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on August 14, 2015, 08:49:02 AM

Once the call goes to an answer phone, they know it is a live number anyway.

Yes, but it cost them money and only takes you second to delete them.  ;)

Paul Montgomery

What annoyed me today:
Struggling for ages with an image that looked wonky. Tried rotating it, transforming it etc. Everything looked lined up on the grid on the monitor, but it still looked wonky.
A spirit level proved that the monitor wasn't level...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.