• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 75
  • Total: 75
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

I feel your pain Paul. One of the joys of living here in la Belle is that the insurance companies are so much better. We have all our insurance with one company, house and cars. The insurance rep came to our house, measured and checked everything, discounted our last accident as irrelevant as we were rear ended by a 4x4, came up with a reasonably priced package with no excesses (he said "I find excesses just p*ss people off"), and monthly payments with no surcharges.

OK we do know him personally, but not that well.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Insurance is fine until you make a claim. Then they will try to recoup the payout in two years by increasing the premiums you pay.  :uglystupid2: 

Beaux Reflets

Crazy! Paid for a Greenhouse 03/04/2015 (30 day delivery) Now the company want to reimburse us while the same model (make & size) is still apparently available, in stock, on-line   :o  In a promotion sale !   :o

:knuppel2: Name and Shame  :-\ 

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

kerbside

What annoyed me today:- the number of people moaning about it being too hot, get over it it's called summer. I expect that they are the same people that moan when it is cold. :wtf:

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Karen

Amazon delivery cant they ever deliver on the day they say

Oldboy

Quote from: Karen on July 02, 2015, 04:12:57 PM
Amazon delivery cant they ever deliver on the day they say

Yes, but not at your address.  :P

StephenBatey

Updated Firefox and then had to spend an hour finding out how to remove a non-optional add in that gets placed at the top of the Bookmarks list. If I want "pocket" I'll ask for it. In any case, bookmarks ought to be a personal matter, and I should be able to add and remove what I want, and arrange them to suit me.

(Note - removing it meant - in my case - creating a file of intructions that goes into my profile directory. For others, it may mean adding lines to the file if they already have one.)
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Reinardina

Cold callers now doing 'surveys,' which is, apparently, allowed. (I'm on the Telephone Preference Service, to stop cold callers.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

Being lied to about delivery date!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

kerbside

People in general who do not comply to things and expect everything to revolve around them. Could be an age thing on my part mind you.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

DigiDiva

I get less tolerant as I get older
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

SimonW

Quote from: StephenBatey on July 03, 2015, 05:25:07 PM
Updated Firefox and then had to spend an hour finding out how to remove a non-optional add in that gets placed at the top of the Bookmarks list. If I want "pocket" I'll ask for it. In any case, bookmarks ought to be a personal matter, and I should be able to add and remove what I want, and arrange them to suit me.

(Note - removing it meant - in my case - creating a file of intructions that goes into my profile directory. For others, it may mean adding lines to the file if they already have one.)

Interesting! My Firefox upgraded a few days ago and I had never noticed that item until, after reading your post, I went looking for it. So I expectI'll find it easy to ignore.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

SimonW

My neighbour bought a shiny new Windows 8.1 laptop yesterday, and being security consious the first thing he did was set it up to require a password at switch on - one he would never forget. Then he set up Windows email (which is not the same as Windows Live mail), to work with his existing Virgin email account. All worked fine, till he turned it off for the night, and called me in when he couldn't turn it on today - he couldn't get past the boot screen message saying incorrect password. It took some time to figure out that somehow - and certainly not of his doing - his switch-on password had been changed to match his email one! (There was actually a clue on the screen - it was showing his email address below his username, but of course I didn't notice this till later.)

Why on earth should an email client change a machine's master password????
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

StephenBatey

I have a tablet with Win 8.1 installed and it seems determined that I should use a Microsoft account and password to log in to anything. The default "apps" that appear (and I don't seem to be able to remove) mostly seem to to need me to have a Microsoft account and log in to use them. Happily, I can still get fairly easily to a normal desktop screen with icons for the programs I want to run. My pount being that Microsoft seem to want to push their own accounts with Win 8.1.

Edit to add - if you want to remove the bookmark, you just have to create a small text file of instructions giving it a specfied name and placing it in the appropriate directory for Firefox to find:

#menu_pocket, #menu_pocketSeparator, #panelMenu_pocket, #BMB_pocket,
#BMB_pocketSeparator { display:none !important; }
#context-savelinktopocket, #context-pocket { display:none!important; }
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.