• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 129
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 120
  • Total: 120
wex
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on May 15, 2014, 11:02:36 PM
Quote from: Andrew on May 15, 2014, 09:05:56 PM

Totally agree - though I've never used Chrome.

Chrome used to be all the rage years ago, Chrome hubcaps, radiator's and bumpers!  :2funny: :2funny:

I'm not old enough to remember that. :legit:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on May 16, 2014, 02:45:21 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on May 15, 2014, 11:02:36 PM
Quote from: Andrew on May 15, 2014, 09:05:56 PM

Totally agree - though I've never used Chrome.

Chrome used to be all the rage years ago, Chrome hubcaps, radiator's and bumpers!  :2funny: :2funny:

I'm not old enough to remember that. :legit:

:o ???

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on May 15, 2014, 06:50:22 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on May 15, 2014, 05:01:40 PM
Internet firms that do not have an email address for their customers, so you have to go through a whole load of 'tick boxes,' that never cater for my specific question.

The internet in general and all those stupid sites that want to integrate my Facebook and Google accounts. Then feeding me back ads they think I'll pay attention to.
Just uninstalled Chrome because every time i tried to get to a new site it'd redirect me to an ad page first.  >:(
I do not think that was Chrome, I think you got hijacked.  I have never seen that. 

anglefire

Quote from: Oldboy on May 14, 2014, 09:25:12 PM
Sunday to be exact. My computer bombed out whilst rebooting after crashing. It wouldn't load the system drivers so I couldn't even get to first base via safe mode. Had to remove the C: drive and put into a caddy and use my Vista tablet to try to fix using CHKDSK to fix. This didn't work as I needed to be logged into Admin to run! I am Admin but it still wouldn't!  >:(

Got my XP laptop and ran CHKDSK plus Norton Disk Doctor before taking it out of the caddy and putting it back in the main computer and it worked a treat.  :tup:

To add to my problems I've got a rotton cold and a nose that would leave Usain Bolt in the starting blocks!  :'(

As a aside my batteries on my Vista tablet wouldn't charge and I've had to plug it into the mains to use. Today the battery charged!!!  :doh:

Mine died last weekend - wouldn't boot, in fact the PSU didn't even turn on. Tested the PSU and it was fine so got a new motherboard - fitted that and all is well. Now got to sort the new SSD which went faulty just before the mobo went and I'm not sure that reflashing the bios didn't kill it.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

Reflashing BIOS is always fraught with danger. The best advice I've seen on that matter, from the manufacturer of the motherboard in my PC, is don't do it unless you are sure the old BIOS is causing problems.

Hope you get it fixed soon. My issues were simply the result of dodgy connections from the PSU to the motherboard.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: donoreo on May 16, 2014, 02:13:32 PM
Quote from: spinner on May 15, 2014, 06:50:22 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on May 15, 2014, 05:01:40 PM
Internet firms that do not have an email address for their customers, so you have to go through a whole load of 'tick boxes,' that never cater for my specific question.

The internet in general and all those stupid sites that want to integrate my Facebook and Google accounts. Then feeding me back ads they think I'll pay attention to.
Just uninstalled Chrome because every time i tried to get to a new site it'd redirect me to an ad page first.  >:(
I do not think that was Chrome, I think you got hijacked.  I have never seen that.

Oh, right, Don. It was a Windows machine. Which I've apparently not used in a while, my Malware definitions were 564 days out of date  :-[ .
Ol' blue eyes

donoreo

My sinuses.  I woke to a lot of pain on the left side of my face. The weather changed and the air pressure inside my head does not match outside :( 

JaneM

Holiday makers.......while stopped in front of the 12ft flag poles outside the holiday park...and hold up traffic to ask....if I know where the holiday park is, or Tesco's, cash point, the beach and where to eat...I am going to call myself Siri ;)

spinner

The Huffington Post web site. Verifying my identity through my Facebook account is annoying enough, but why does an 'alleged' news site require my friends list, my date of birth and a bunch of other personal stuff. If Facebook says I exist why is that not enough? I say we have more to fear from private enterprise on the net than we do from big Brother. Wait, they are Big Brother. The Gov't. is just an annoyance.  >:(
Ol' blue eyes

Reinardina

Wanted to take the camera out for a walk, but got carried away editing. A bit too late to go out now.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Football. I'll say it now, because the racked up coverage started yesterday with the Fanny Adams cup, and is set to continue without mercy until the end of the fiasco in South America.

The good news is I have several TV series stacked up that I have been waiting to watch for a while.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Went to Haworth for the 1940`s weekend today. Noticed that there seemed to be no people in German uniforms around. Seems German militaria has now been banned - well asked not to come as they can turn up in what they want on a public street. There was one camp of invited "German" unit soldiers but no others. I understand that wearing such uniforms adorned with iron crosses and the likes is a no no as fancy dress wear but surely it has a place in what is effectively a re-enactment weekend. I always preferred the cavalier look vs the fun spoiling roundheads but if you banned the roundheads from re-enactments it would look pretty odd! I`ll share a few pictures on here when I get a chance to process them.

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on May 18, 2014, 05:54:08 PM
Went to Haworth for the 1940`s weekend today. Noticed that there seemed to be no people in German uniforms around. Seems German militaria has now been banned - well asked not to come as they can turn up in what they want on a public street. There was one camp of invited "German" unit soldiers but no others. I understand that wearing such uniforms adorned with iron crosses and the likes is a no no as fancy dress wear but surely it has a place in what is effectively a re-enactment weekend. I always preferred the cavalier look vs the fun spoiling roundheads but if you banned the roundheads from re-enactments it would look pretty odd! I`ll share a few pictures on here when I get a chance to process them.

If it is a WW2 re-enactment day/weekend, you need Germans.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

anglefire

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 17, 2014, 11:54:43 AM
Reflashing BIOS is always fraught with danger. The best advice I've seen on that matter, from the manufacturer of the motherboard in my PC, is don't do it unless you are sure the old BIOS is causing problems.

Hope you get it fixed soon. My issues were simply the result of dodgy connections from the PSU to the motherboard.

I've never had a problem before - and didn't expect it to be a problem this time - in fact it wasn't until I powered it off!

Anyway all sorted with a new MOBO. A bit quicker in some areas, not others - despite buying a new (All be it cheap!) video card, it is not that fast compared to the old built in one. Not tried the new mobo's inbuilt one.

Was only about £40 or so.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Andrew

Quote from: jinky on May 18, 2014, 05:54:08 PM

Strange that, cos I know people involved in the re-enactment crowd, and they seem to have pictures of people in German regalia.
But they always say "don't mention Basil Fawlty"!

As said, how could you have Roundheads without Cavaliers...
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.