• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 89
  • Total: 89
aliexpress
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelb104

Getting home from holiday and finding water coming through the kitchen ceiling  >:(

Luckily not as serious as first thought, just an issues with a toilet header tank which the friendly neighbourhood plumber is hopefully going to sort on Monday but I think we will need a new kitchen ceiling though..............
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Hinfrance

Quote from: michaelb104 on August 31, 2013, 12:00:05 PM
Getting home from holiday and finding water coming through the kitchen ceiling  >:(

Luckily not as serious as first thought, just an issues with a toilet header tank which the friendly neighbourhood plumber is hopefully going to sort on Monday but I think we will need a new kitchen ceiling though..............

Aargh - what a downer after a holiday.

WAMT is my desktop keeps on powering off suddenly. Can't work out if it is the on board power supply or the motherboard. either would be annoying as the whole thing is less than 6 months old.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

krennon

Mike bad news about the ceiling especially after a holiday (is it covered on your house insurance?)

Howard err stoopid question have you checked the wiring/fuse in the plug and or the socket? could just be a loose connection or a fuse on its way out  rather than the pc itself (or a component part) just a thought
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Hinfrance

Hi Keith - yep the power supply was my first thought - the PC runs on a UPS, but alas when the PC shut off all the other things on the UPS kept running.  I tried it without the UPS just on the off chance and for the same behaviour.

I am, however, optimistic, that I have found the cause; it looks like it was a loose connection to one of the USB drives. Lordy those things are problematic - when they get unresponsive they can make the whole system look like it's running in thick treacle, and they fail so often. Fingers crossed it'll be OK now.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

Had a new fridge freezer delivered. And upon close inspection it has a dent and scratch in the front door. Not happy.   >:( >:( >:(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Matthew

Decided to give my camera a clean for the upcoming wedding shoot. Decided to remove the lens and clean around the mirror.........Forgot to lock the mirror up.....Sneezed whilst using my air blower, tip of said blower came into contact with my focussing screen. Now I have two big scratches on it and my bottom 2 focussing points are dim when they light. Luckily enough my images aren't affected and there are no dust spots on the mirror or sensor. Unfortunately though, I am going to have to pay out for a repair job after the wedding. I am furious with myself, I shouldn't have touched it for the sake of 2 tiny dust spots...... :-[ >:(
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

jinky

Oh no Matthew - bad luck. Must admit I had scarey moments at first when I did 2 cameras yesterday. I had the urge to sneeze too and had to put them down a minute. Forgot the trick someone told me. Run a hot shower first in the bathroom and then let the steam go down - takes down the dust if you clean them in there and settles your sinuses. Good luck. Another wedding - friends/ family or paid gig?

spinner

EPSON, MAC, together. My 1400 has been sitting idle for weeks. Everytime I went to print anything it would tell me a colour cartridge needed replacing. Over the course of the summer I've replace 4 of the six. Went to print something yesterday and found it had a blue colour cast overall. After much googling (does that have some other meaning in the UK? :2funny:) came to realize the print heads must be clogged. I seem to have used up half the ink in my new cartridges testing and reprinting. They've all gone low again. That's my first annoyance. My second annoyance was discovering that the Epson Utility for the MAC isn't near as detailed, nor has as many options as the Windows version. My third annoyance was wasting time on Epson's web site getting technical support. No where at No time does Epson admitted that the 'clean the nozzles' utility doesn't work if the heads get plugged. No where at No time does Epson admit the heads will need manual cleaning and it doesn't offer any guidlines as to how. Thank the people who post YouTube videos or I'd still be scratching my head.
I think the bastards just want you to waste ink so they can charge you usury fees, or buy a new print head at the cost of half the value of the printer or let them service it for again usury fees.

After sussing out the problem again with the help of YouTube, I fixed it with isopropyl alcohol and cotton balls. $1.99 Cdn for the cotton $4.99 Cdn for the alcohol. But probably waste $100 in ink if the level indicators are accurate.  :'( >:(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Hinfrance

Sorry to hear about your sneezing incident Matt - a new focusing screen shouldn't break the bank.

Spinner - Canon are the same, the print heads clog and they want you to buy a new head or printer. The trick with the Canons is to soak a couple of sheets of kitchen towel in alcohol (luckily still less than 1€ a litre here), dump the print head ink side down on them overnight, and then wipe them dry with lint free cloth, or kitchen towel as it is also known. Works a treat. :tup:

Nothing has annoyed me today*.  ;)

* mildly irritated that the quality of celery in the supermarket was a bit naff, so I didn't buy any.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

spinner

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 12, 2013, 04:54:27 PM
Spinner - Canon are the same, the print heads clog and they want you to buy a new head or printer. The trick with the Canons is to soak a couple of sheets of kitchen towel in alcohol (luckily still less than 1€ a litre here), dump the print head ink side down on them overnight, and then wipe them dry with lint free cloth, or kitchen towel as it is also known. Works a treat. :tup:

Howard, I did find a YouTube video on that very subject. I did that and I also soaked cottonballs in alcohol and placed one on every ink nozzle and let them soak overnight. Seems to have done the trick. :)

And I might just institute this as a bi monthly routine.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

krennon

wamt....seem to have gone down with a sickness bug, threw up at work yesterday so came home, felt a bit rough this morning but thought I'll go in lasted about an hour and a half before I literally had to run to our toilets to throw up again so have come home again. feeling drained as you do when you've been sick, so some toast for me just to line the stomach going to take it easy for the day though and I know there are people across the world who are in a damn site worse situation than me so trying not to feel to sorry for myself...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Jediboy

I was left incredibly annoyed by the crass incompetence and bad manors by the NHS at a local hospital.
This resulted in my 5 year old son being messed around, being the victim of rudeness, and missing half a day of school. Really Not happy!!
>:( >:(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

ABERS

Had a large and particularly long rooted rear molar out today, on the NHS, which turned out to be a bit of a wrestling match between the dentist and me. He won after a protracted bout lasting about 35 minutes and we parted good friends with a promise of no return bout in the near future.

After spending the evening moaning about the soreness and ache it gave me, my wife accused me of being a hypochondriac. That really hurt!  ::)

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on September 17, 2013, 10:13:16 PM
Had a large and particularly long rooted rear molar out today, on the NHS, which turned out to be a bit of a wrestling match between the dentist and me. He won after a protracted bout lasting about 35 minutes and we parted good friends with a promise of no return bout in the near future.

After spending the evening moaning about the soreness and ache it gave me, my wife accused me of being a hypochondriac. That really hurt!  ::)

This should cheer you up.  ???

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24196-girl-who-feels-no-pain-could-inspire-new-painkillers.html

Matthew

Quote from: jinky on September 12, 2013, 07:05:29 AM
Oh no Matthew - bad luck. Must admit I had scarey moments at first when I did 2 cameras yesterday. I had the urge to sneeze too and had to put them down a minute. Forgot the trick someone told me. Run a hot shower first in the bathroom and then let the steam go down - takes down the dust if you clean them in there and settles your sinuses. Good luck. Another wedding - friends/ family or paid gig?

Cheers Jinky, I was doing the photography for my Sisters' wedding, she was having a low key do with no bells or whistles. It was a stunning venue though and the food was high end nosh. Luckily someone on a Photography Club I am part of gave me the details of a camera repair company, extremely reasonable quote I got, so that's taken a weight off. Just have to send the camera away this week, which is just as well as the weather is turning nasty.
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.