• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 129
  • Total: 129
photobox
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Montgomery

Quote from: Mick on February 17, 2013, 01:41:22 PM
Quote from: Hinfrance on February 17, 2013, 01:24:31 PM
Thanks for the tip!

Now all I need to do is work out how to dose an acre of moss and scarify it before next Christmas  :D

:doh:  Yeah, that might take a while.  lol...

A lot of people just hit it with the Scarifier, or electric lawn rake, not realising they are spreading it about, and wonder why it comes back worse each time.  ;)
Oops - wish I'd read that earlier :doh:
Ah well - grass doesn't get cut until March, no matter how long it is ...

Oldboy

These Caravans invaded Sandwell Valley Yesterday.  >:(

The mound of stones were put there to stop them driving onto the park.

donoreo

They are probably all taller than the frame work there, the pile of stone seems redundant. 

Reinardina

'We' (that is the country park where I work as a volunteer ranger), have had invaders in the past.  We still find the outer skins of electricity cables in the undergrowth, in some areas. Without the copper innards of course.
The council have taken measures to stop these invaders, and so far they have worked. Touch wood.

But, there is a very sad story about recent invaders on land next to our park. 'Someone' dumped three or four horses in a field adjacent to the park. Without food or drink. Obviously traveller's horses, according to our 'boss,' who has dealt with them in the past. By the end of last week, one of the horses lay dead in the stream, between the park and the adjacent hotel/club.

No one knows if it was spooked by a dog and fallen into the brook, or maybe it tried to drink and fell in.

The cadaver was, in the end, removed by the fire brigade, but not before it caused a lot of heartache.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on February 21, 2013, 02:33:59 PM
They are probably all taller than the frame work there, the pile of stone seems redundant.

That framework was also at the entrance but they just broke it to get in.  :(

ABERS

Attended a presentation yesterday where the photographer's work was based on his interpretation of works of art by, apparently, well known artists.

As he put up each photograph to view he asked the audience to identify which painter's work the image was based on. Each time he was met with a resounding silence, and when he revealed the artist's name another resounding silence ensued.  ???

I quickly realised he was on a winner, nobody could tell if he had succeeded in his efforts because no one could argue or say otherwise.

His final image that I saw was fairly obvious, Botticelli's Birth of Venus, which he preceded with the statement, " I decided to use this painting so that even the masses could easily identify it".

At that stage I got me coat!  :legit:

donoreo

That is almost a "Look at me, I am pretentious!"  sort of presentation.   Why do this sort of thing if you pick works that the average person does not know?   Then again maybe in his world and his group of peers they do all know and he could not imagine anyone not knowing what the works were and who the artists were?

Hinfrance

My new guitar arrived, but with dodgy internal wiring. B*gg*r. Now I've got to send it back and wait for a replacement. I'm absolutely certain I can fix it myself, but warranty issues rule. It might only be a Les Paul copy but it is gorgeous.

On the upside the practice bass amplifier that arrived in the same shipment is bang on ace.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

Ah Les Paul and Mary Ford. I learned to do the quickstep with How High the Moon.   :dance: :dance: :dance: :legit:

Hinfrance

They were indeed a fascinating and amazingly talented couple. I don't think he ever forgave her for the car accident.

Ground breaking stuff at the time.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 01, 2013, 07:08:26 PM
My new guitar arrived, but with dodgy internal wiring. B*gg*r. Now I've got to send it back and wait for a replacement. I'm absolutely certain I can fix it myself, but warranty issues rule. It might only be a Les Paul copy but it is gorgeous.

On the upside the practice bass amplifier that arrived in the same shipment is bang on ace.

That's a shame Howard.  I was looking at a couple of Les Paul copies myself, lovely looking (and sounding) guitars.  What make was it, just out of interest.

I notice you said the Squire Affinity was easy to play, which is good for a cheaper end guitar.  They always say the cheaper it is, the harder it is to play.   Would you like to do a review on the Squire and the amp that comes with it,  for my other site?  I desperately need content on there.  :-[
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Sure thing for the review Mick. Give me a couple of days :)  I know the Squier is relatively cheap, but I guess I have got a good one. The ES 335 copy I have had since the late 80's, and that is a superb instrument.

The Les Paul is from Thomann - an L450 plus HB.  Because I discovered the wiring problem I have hardly played it, but it seems that like most Thomann stuff the quality/price balance is extraordinary. Pax the loose connection.

The bass amp is a Harley Benton HBW80 - it's plenty loud enough and sounds great with my Hohner active basses.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 01, 2013, 08:19:54 PM

Sure thing for the review Mick. Give me a couple of days :)

Thanks H.  :tup:

We have a old SWR Workingman's 12 combo amp that my boy uses with his Bass guitar.  It's 120 watts, and solid as a rock.  Bloomin heavy.  Sounds great though.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Simple

Today on Sky Arts on TV starting at 12 a couple of hours of Les Paul, history etc.

Hinfrance

I keep seeing 'HSS' in comments over on Flickr.

To me it refers to a drill bit or the arrangement of pickups on a Fender guitar ( High Speed Steel, Humbucker Single Single). OK, also possibly High Speed Synchronisation.

It clearly as some other meaning that I haven't been able to work out, despite finding almost 40 other definitions on the web.

Grrrr.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.