• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 104
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 98
  • Total: 98
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Cheers Alan, but I can't find any 'print settings' anywhere: this is what the print pages looks like in my LR.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 01, 2012, 01:27:24 PM
Lightroom - again.

Normally I use Qimage to print, but I needed a quick copy of a picture and as I was in Lightroom I went to the print module. The only print option was 'Adobe PDF' even though there are two REAL printers connected to the PC. It's just rubbish.

I went through every option on the printer panel and gave up, opened Picasa and did a print from that, in about 5 seconds.

If no printers are connect to the PC then it defaults to Print to PFD. You just need to change the default to one of your printers.  ;D

Hinfrance

Erm, the default printer is a Canon, and it was switched on and connected.

If LR has a printer dialogue somewhere I can't find it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 01, 2012, 08:16:03 PM
Erm, the default printer is a Canon, and it was switched on and connected.

If LR has a printer dialogue somewhere I can't find it.
Was it switched on and connect when you installed Lightroom?  ???

I've only got version 1 of lightroom. Select file and click on print. This will open the print preview screen where you can change the layout of the print. At the bottom right of the screen should be a print settings button, click this to open the print setup box, which will allow you to change the printer to the one you want.  ;D

ABERS

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 01, 2012, 04:51:49 PM
Cheers Alan, but I can't find any 'print settings' anywhere: this is what the print pages looks like in my LR.

From what I can see there doesn't appear to be any tool bar along the top of the page. It's there that you will find File and the steps that Oldboy and myself suggested.

If I knew how to do it I'd post a page of my L/room to indicate where the toolbar appears.

Hinfrance

Thanks Alan and OB - the printer settings are at the bottom of the 'file' menu. Found it and changed the default printer.

But I'm still annoyed with the LR interface - adjusting the printer parameters has to be one of the things that will be most commonly used in the print module, and yet it does not appear anywhere in the right hand side toolbar, which is where the adjustments appear in the library and develop modules. So I spent ten minutes clicking through every option there without finding it, and then giving up.

I only bought it because they lowered the price and I pretty much only use it for the library functions; I also bought Aftershot Pro (formerly Bibble) when they were selling it for £30 and use that as my editor most of the time given that it is so much faster on my old machine and has adjustment layers built in.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

ABERS

Quote from: Hinfrance on September 02, 2012, 07:46:51 AM

But I'm still annoyed with the LR interface - adjusting the printer parameters has to be one of the things that will be most commonly used in the print module, and yet it does not appear anywhere in the right hand side toolbar, which is where the adjustments appear in the library and develop modules. So I spent ten minutes clicking through every option there without finding it, and then giving up.

What version do you have? I've got L/R4 which has all the print adjustments on the lower right hand corner in the Print module. Have you got Draft Print ticked? If you have the print adjustment panel will disappear. Just a thought. ;) Also if you've print adjustment unticked then you will lose the brightness/contrast facility, should you ever need it!

However when you press PRINT it takes you to the default printer box and then you can press Properties to make any adjustments within the printer that you require, and I might add that are possible, is that what you are seeking? That's what I do and it seems to work.

Hinfrance

Thanks for the further tips Alan.

I have 4.1, and you're right 'print' does open the printer dialogue box. But 'print one' doesn't. And as I only wanted one print I clicked that. It didn't occur to me to click on 'print' as there was a button specifically for what I wanted. I suppose it's being used to Qimage where the printer is selected and the parameter set with 'print' being the last thing you do to, well print . . . I now know how it works (but will probably have forgotten by the time I come to use it again  :uglystupid2:). My word it is not intuitive at all - but then being Adobe, that would be too much to hope for . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

spinner

I suppose it's a form of annoyance, certainly not bemusing or uplifting. Lost a friend to cancer on the weekend, learned another is on deaths door, cancer again. Another friend who's the driving force behind a small arts group I belong to has announced she's quitting just as we're about to hold our annual show. I fear in my heart the group will wither and die without her. I guess I am annoyed with fate.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Graham

Quote from: spinner on September 06, 2012, 01:25:50 PM
I suppose it's a form of annoyance, certainly not bemusing or uplifting. Lost a friend to cancer on the weekend, learned another is on deaths door, cancer again. Another friend who's the driving force behind a small arts group I belong to has announced she's quitting just as we're about to hold our annual show. I fear in my heart the group will wither and die without her. I guess I am annoyed with fate.  :'(
Sorry to hear you're having a sad time Spin.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

Quote from: Graham on September 06, 2012, 05:34:48 PM
Sorry to hear you're having a sad time Spin.

Thanks Graham, funeral's tomorrow, hope to see some old friends who are still walking around. :)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Matthew

Sad times that Spinner.....sorry to hear about your Friends  :(

I guess what annoyed myself today is my work....trivial, I know.......why do Bosses think you have developed time travel?........Or have acquired a helicopter..... >:(
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Oldboy

Quote from: highlandscenics on September 07, 2012, 10:17:26 PM
I guess what annoyed myself today is my work....trivial, I know.......why do Bosses think you have developed time travel?........Or have acquired a helicopter..... >:(

You mean you haven't?  :P

Oldboy

What's worse is, it's a sign you are getting old.  :o

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.