• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 80
  • Total: 80
aliexpress
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: michaelb104 on June 14, 2012, 11:40:01 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on June 14, 2012, 08:58:05 AM
Quote from: michaelb104 on June 14, 2012, 08:11:27 AM
I'm trying to retrain myself in a different software product for work, to get to additional training material I have to go and Like (??) a facebook page!!!

What is this obsession with facebook?

I suppose this means I've got to create a facepage account  - woohoo  :(

That's ridiculous!

Can you use an alternative email address, so you don't expose your 'proper' address to them? (Facebook.)

Now that's good idea Re, I might just set up a Facebook only email address.

Thanks.

Ooohhh, if i have a Facebook only email address does this mean I can become a troll  ;)  must go and find a suitable bridge as living accommodation   :legit:

Not necessarily; I have about six or seven hotmail and gmail addresses for different things. And I'm not a troll yet.

Years ago, in my creative writing period, I opened an account in my nom de plume, especially for a specific website.

Also years ago, I used that name and email address to open a FB account, just to see how it was. Didn't like it and I've never been back. Can't remember the password now, so I can't go back, even if I wanted to.
At the same time, I also opened an account with a Dutch 'social networking site' using same name and for the same reason. Didn't like that either.

The Dutch account recently started sending me letters, telling me that I have more friends than I realise. Considering that I have only been on twice, with an assumed name, and none of my real friends know about it, I do wonder.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

irv_b

Surely that shows you how popular you are Rei!  :)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Reinardina

Quote from: irv_b on June 15, 2012, 07:35:05 PM
Surely that shows you how popular you are Rei!  :)

You're too kind Irv.

Today Facebook also sent me a mail with the same story. But it's not Rei that is popular, it is Zandra Holland! And none of my Dutch friends know me by that name, as I only used it on a, now defunct, writing website.

This particular email address used to be virtually spam free, with maybe one every three weeks. Now, out of the blue, I get twenty or more a day, all about 'male enhancement.'
Maybe one of 'my' friends stole my email address, and sold it on?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Reading over the weekend that the cost for the Olympic torch to pass through the county will cost the Surrey ratepayers £250,000 plus.  :o

That's just for the torch, lord knows how much the budget is for the three cycle events that will be run through the county. All I know is we're trapped in our road for three days whilst the events take place. Nobody asked us if we were up for this. Sod the Olympics.

Still Lord Coe and all the hangers on will make a few bob and all those Olympic committee member ticket touts will have a bonanza!

You can come and park at our place for the cycling events, but you will have to get here before 5.am and you won't be able to leave till after 6 p.m. I'm printing some tickets just in case! :tup:

irv_b

Quote from: ABERS on June 18, 2012, 08:34:08 AM
Reading over the weekend that the cost for the Olympic torch to pass through the county will cost the Surrey ratepayers £250,000 plus.  :o

That's just for the torch, lord knows how much the budget is for the three cycle events that will be run through the county. All I know is we're
trapped in our road for three days whilst the events take place. Nobody asked us if we were up for this. Sod the Olympics.

Still Lord Coe and all the hangers on will make a few bob and all those Olympic committee member ticket touts will have a bonanza!

You can come and park at our place for the cycling events, but you will have to get here before 5.am and you won't be able to leave till after 6 p.m. I'm printing some tickets just in case! :tup:

don't forget it is only going to cost the price of a walnut whip per month as Red Ken promised >:( >:(
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

ABERS

So that's why walnut whips are now £50 a piece! :o

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on June 18, 2012, 10:13:11 PM
So that's why walnut whips are now £50 a piece! :o

Walnuts are £50 but whip, you kinky so and so, are extra!  :-[ :legit: :legit:

Oldboy

Another scam!  >:(

An email claiming to be from the DVLA is telling people to update their details within two weeks, or lose their licence.

The email, which has a number of typos, claims that the DVLA is 'upgrading' its database and that drivers need to 'verify [sic] there driver's [sic] license details'.

It then asks people to click a link to update their details on the DVLA website. While the links appears to be to the DVLA, it is in fact redirecting to a phishing website hosted in South Africa.

The phishing website, complete with spelling mistakes, looks genuine and even states 'this is the official website of the DVLA' at the bottom of the page.

It requires people to enter their licence details, name, date of birth, address and credit card details. It claims that cards will not be charged but that the information is needed 'for verification purposes only'.

The form is bogus and filling it in will cause your details to be stolen. Anyone receiving this email, or similar emails, should delete it immediately. No reputable company should ever ask you to update your details in this way.  From ComputerActive.  :doh:

donoreo

Getting up, going to work, being at work, going outside in 33c heat that feels almost 40C with the high humidity.  A lot of things today. 

mondmagu

Could be worse Don,you could be like me,no work to go to!!! :'(

Des
Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

donoreo

Quote from: mondmagu on June 20, 2012, 01:26:46 PM
Could be worse Don,you could be like me,no work to go to!!! :'(

Des
I would not mind that if I kept the same income :).  Today's high 35C will feel like 41C. 

mondmagu

Des
www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu

Oldboy

Longest day of the year, but due to the dull conditions, had to put the lights on at 20:00hrs!  >:(

spinner

Same happened here. It got so dark at 6:30pm that I had to check the clock. I was thinking it was 9 and wondered where all the time had gone. Then it started raining buckets. :doh:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

jinky

Tell me about it! I was driving home from Newcastle for the weekend and it was pouring down / flooding the road . Even worse a couple of clowns in a 4x4 started tailgating and flashing me as I overtook in outside lane of 2. Moved i when I could to abuse and they then  kept slowing down/ blocking me and other people and generally showing off for next 20 miles - quite scary at times as they cut up and braked hard in front of a number of people. People getting pretty annoyed but no Police around unfortunately. I stopped for a break to get out of it all. Some idiots around

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.