• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 44
  • Total: 44
  • Google (2)
parkcameras
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: michaelb104 on August 16, 2013, 07:12:43 PM
Just finished work for two weeks - woo hoo!!!

Enjoy your 'free time'!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Matthew

Quote from: Jediboy on August 16, 2013, 11:39:23 AM
My studio lighting kit arrived in the post. Had a play, lots to learn but so far really pleased.   :)

You must have some size of letter box.... ;D :D
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jediboy

Luckily I was in or they may have thrown it over the fence!
They've done that before!!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

ABERS

Having my theory confirmed that no matter how cr"p a photographer you are, as long as the subject is famous, you'll have a good chance of getting noticed/published.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23759337

Or do you think it's a cleverly thought out PR ploy to further cement the the notion that they're just another "ordinary" family taking ordinary family snapshots? 

Jediboy

Quote from: ABERS on August 20, 2013, 08:30:42 AM
Having my theory confirmed that no matter how cr"p a photographer you are, as long as the subject is famous, you'll have a good chance of getting noticed/published.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23759337

Or do you think it's a cleverly thought out PR ploy to further cement the the notion that they're just another "ordinary" family taking ordinary family snapshots?

Clever PR definatley.
But I suspect any photos of this royal family will be published and viewed millions of times.

Chris

Jediboy

I'm sure I heard somewhere that a 'breaking news' shot of the royal family can be worth around £100k or more to the photographer. (But don't quote me on this!).
Wonder if Mr Middleton got paid??

Chris

Cabbyjohn

I seem to remember reading that the photographer who captured the photo's of Sarah Ferguson having her toes sucked, made well over £250k from them, a figure which rise's every time they are published in a magazine or newspaper.

There was a programme on television a couple of years ago about the Paps who hang about outside the bars and clubs in London. A clear shot of a "Celeb" falling over, or better still throwing a punch at somebody was reputed to be worth £10k upwards, depending upon who the Celeb was. Nice work if you can get it.  :doh:

Jediboy

Quote from: Cabbyjohn on August 20, 2013, 10:55:35 AM
I seem to remember reading that the photographer who captured the photo's of Sarah Ferguson having her toes sucked, made well over £250k from them, a figure which rise's every time they are published in a magazine or newspaper.
http://cameracraniums.com/forum/Smileys/smilies_smf/smiley-dance013.gif

There was a programme on television a couple of years ago about the Paps who hang about outside the bars and clubs in London. A clear shot of a "Celeb" falling over, or better still throwing a punch at somebody was reputed to be worth £10k upwards, depending upon who the Celeb was. Nice work if you can get it.  :doh:

I need to grab my camera and get down to some of these bars!! :idea:
Anyone know which ones?? :)

Chris

Oldboy

Quote from: Jediboy on August 20, 2013, 11:38:11 AM

Forget it. The big picture phototogs will be there before you.  :doh:

Jediboy

Quote from: Oldboy on August 20, 2013, 06:50:34 PM
Quote from: Jediboy on August 20, 2013, 11:38:11 AM

Forget it. The big picture phototogs will be there before you.  :doh:

Story of my life...... ??? :doh:

Chris

Geoff

Finding out what pic of the week was all about :legit:

Matthew

Heading back to my car from a service job in Tesco Aberdeen, a worried sounding Lassie called me over to her car. I asked her what was wrong and she told me she accidently locked her car keys in the boot and her dog was on the front seat in a pet box. Now it was hot and her passenger window was down a couple of inches, but she was panicking about her dog. Her phone battery was also flat. So I phoned the RAC for her, but as she wasn't a member she'd have to pay £99+£45 join up fee over the phone. Also the patrolman could be anywhere between 40mins-4hrs. There was no way to unlock it via the old coat hanger trick and she had electric windows. She didn't want to pay that amount or wait that long, by now she was proper anxious so she asked me if I would smash her window in. Now I agreed, but before I put her window in, I double and triple checked with her that she wanted it done. So my jacket over the window and a swift whack, the window shattered. I reached in and opened the door, cleared the glass and she jumped in and got her keys and her dog. She was very grateful and I got called a "Hero"...lol....so that made me feel good today....I don't like seeing folks upset. She'd get the glass replaced cheaper than the RAC fees, on her insurance too.
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jediboy

Good skills Matthew.
So many people would have walked away so well done for helping.  :tup:

Chris

Matthew

Quote from: Jediboy on August 21, 2013, 07:11:53 PM
Good skills Matthew.
So many people would have walked away so well done for helping.  :tup:

Cheers. She was so grateful as she was in a quieter part of the car park and I was the first to respond, I even went to customer services to get security and in store cleaners to mop up the glass so no one else got a puncture after she left. I think I could get used to the Knight in shining armour routine.... 8)

Oldboy

Quote from: Matthew on August 21, 2013, 05:51:34 PM
Now I agreed, but before I put her window in, I double and triple checked with her that she wanted it done.

Did you get it in writing?  :doh:

Well done.  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.