• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

What made me feel good today, while doing my volunteer 'rangering,' was first one swallow flying over, soon to be followed by two more!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on April 11, 2012, 04:20:14 PM
What made me feel good today, while doing my volunteer 'rangering,' was fist one swallow flying over, soon to be followed by two more!

You lucky person you! Our swallows haven't arrived back yet, so at least three days late.  :'(

Beaux Reflets

When our Swallows arrive we have to stop lighting the kitchen wood burner oven and switch to the gas one - So we hope they arrive after the cold nights and frosty mornings have gone  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

irv_b

What made me feel good today, while doing my volunteer 'rangering,' was first one swallow flying over, soon to be followed by two more!

You have swallows and now we have three Great Crested Grebe chicks on our local lake. Hopefully I'll get to photo them over the w/end!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Reinardina

Quote from: irv_b on April 13, 2012, 09:09:18 PM

You have swallows and now we have three Great Crested Grebe chicks on our local lake. Hopefully I'll get to photo them over the w/end!

We don't actually 'have' the swallows, they just flew over.
We do have crested grebes on the lakes though, but they're never close enough to take a good photograph.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

WMMFGT

Reading in the Mail on Saturday a two page spread about one of our club member's photographs of the Royal Family, the Windsors not the funny ones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2129544/The-Royals-Unseen-40-years-intimate-pictures-The-Queen-family-growing-up.html

Joan Willaims is one of our senior members, a tiny little lady with a temperment of steel, and a knowledge of portrait photography that would bear any scrutiny.

irv_b

Thanks for the link Alan. Thanks some kudos for your club and so wonderful to have such a good photographer to call upon.
My Gallery

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on April 14, 2012, 03:48:12 PM
WMMFGT

Reading in the Mail on Saturday a two page spread about one of our club member's photographs of the Royal Family, the Windsors not the funny ones.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2129544/The-Royals-Unseen-40-years-intimate-pictures-The-Queen-family-growing-up.html

Joan Willaims is one of our senior members, a tiny little lady with a temperment of steel, and a knowledge of portrait photography that would bear any scrutiny.

A really nice informal set of pics.
That one with young Chaz and his cello. You'll notice it has a broken string, I remember watching a documentary about the royals many moons ago, there was a sequence which showed the string snapping. I'll bet this picture was taken at the same time.
              Graham.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Some lovely shots there Alan.
WMFG yesterday in fact but just done the pictures.
I got a chance to shoot some minor celebs yesterday covering the 20th Annual Master Pork Pie Competition - don`t ask! Amazing event with so many great pies , a pub full of hundreds of people, the One Show in attendance for the whole day together with Brian Turner as a judge. Had a long chat with Brian about the state of the restaurant industry - really interesting and managed to get asked to stop shooting 3 times when the noice of my D700 mirror slap was deemed too much whilst the One Show were filming  :). Had a great time and might yet be in the background on the One Show when it goes out ina couple of weeks time as i seemd to be in their way most of the time ;D Just a crew of 3 including the presenter from the One Show - how times have changed!

But my favourite celeb was super hero Pork Pie Man taking a day off from saving the world from government attacks on pie based products and judging here:

irv_b

Trust you to be where there is food in abundance Jinky! Well done on some good shots and for annoying a tv crew :2funny:
My Gallery

jinky

Quote from: irv_b on April 15, 2012, 09:57:47 PM
Trust you to be where there is food in abundance Jinky! Well done on some good shots and for annoying a tv crew :2funny:

Considering how many pies were on offer I ate surprisingly few of the props! :)

ABERS

It's all a tremendous whirl when you mix with the upper echelons of the pork pie world! ;)

Great reportage Jinky. :tup:

Graham

WMMFGT?

Iv'e just been a bought a chainsaw! :dance:

Look out for news that Iv'e converted my hands from a pair of useful grasping tools into a pair of dibbers.
                          Graham. :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.