• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 36
  • Total: 36
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

WMFGT? It's almost summer like outside, I say almost as it's still all brown and gray. But sun's out, sky is blue and it's warmish. Hope it sticks around.
Ol' blue eyes

donoreo

Quote from: spinner on March 15, 2012, 02:08:08 PM
WMFGT? It's almost summer like outside, I say almost as it's still all brown and gray. But sun's out, sky is blue and it's warmish. Hope it sticks around.
I hope so too.  We actually have a severe thunderstorm watch for Toronto. 

Oldboy

Quote from: donoreo on March 15, 2012, 03:49:14 PM
I hope so too.  We actually have a severe thunderstorm watch for Toronto. 

It was sunny for a couple of hours this morning, then it went dull and cold. This week has been mostly dull and cold which is strange as we are supposed to be under a high?  ???

irv_b

Quote from: Hinfrance on March 15, 2012, 06:27:20 AM
You lucky man Irv.  I'm speechless. I always wanted one of these, not least because most of them can take a digital back . . .

It seems this model cant though Howard. Apparently on some models you can change the film mid roll but not on this model.

Quote from: Graham on March 15, 2012, 07:12:07 AM
  Lucky chap indeed. I presume you'll be putting some film through it?
                 Graham. :tup:

I have tried a roll of b&w

My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Oldboy

Hinfrance

Quote from: irv_b on March 15, 2012, 09:41:22 PM
It seems this model cant though Howard. Apparently on some models you can change the film mid roll but not on this model.

Who cares, it's a beautiful camera. Enjoy.  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

I remember when I did my photography A level that abunch of us went out to do some "Street" photography (Before the recent paranoia.).
  The exercise was to judge differing public reaction, and to help that we used various camera designs. We used:-

a)   Point and shoot.
                             b)   35mm SLR with hammerhead flash gun.
                             c)   M/F Twin Lens Reflex
                             d)   5/7 Plate camera

Results?..Pretty much as you would expect:-

a) Mild curiosity (Why do you want a picture of me?
                             b) Mild suspicion.
                             c) Ignored.
                             d) Ignored.

So Irv. It would be interesting to see if you notice any difference.
                     Graham. :)

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

You lucky man Irv.  I'm speechless. I always wanted one of these, not least because most of them can take a digital back . . .

No issues with development or do you have your own darkroom?
Ol' blue eyes

Cathus

I came home from a long night shift this morning. I always go on the computer for an hour or so before going to bed. Whilst sitting at the PC, I decided to open yesterday's letters.

One was from HMRC with some complicated forms about tax underpayment. I couldn't really understand all the figures but the bottom line was a payment due of nearly £1800. It seemed the tax was wrong for the last 2 years.

The notes on the back said that if a payment was due to HMRC due to miscalculations then they would take it back via adjusting next year's tax code over the year. I put the letter down and was wondering how the hell I'd be able to pay back nearly 2 grand over one year and not have to send the kids up the chimneys, and cursing that if they mucked it up over 2 years why couldn't I pay it back over 2 years.

The next letter I opened, which wasn't in an HMRC envelope, was from HMRC and enclosed a cheque for £1800. It seemed I had misunderstood their letter and they were actually telling me they'd overcharged me!

Graham

Quote from: Cathus on March 16, 2012, 03:13:32 PM
I came home from a long night shift this morning. I always go on the computer for an hour or so before going to bed. Whilst sitting at the PC, I decided to open yesterday's letters.

One was from HMRC with some complicated forms about tax underpayment. I couldn't really understand all the figures but the bottom line was a payment due of nearly £1800. It seemed the tax was wrong for the last 2 years.

The notes on the back said that if a payment was due to HMRC due to miscalculations then they would take it back via adjusting next year's tax code over the year. I put the letter down and was wondering how the hell I'd be able to pay back nearly 2 grand over one year and not have to send the kids up the chimneys, and cursing that if they mucked it up over 2 years why couldn't I pay it back over 2 years.

The next letter I opened, which wasn't in an HMRC envelope, was from HMRC and enclosed a cheque for £1800. It seemed I had misunderstood their letter and they were actually telling me they'd overcharged me!

Not a word to the wife eh!
                           :tup: :beer: :dance:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Jonathan

NICE :)

By coincidence I shot a roll of B&W medium format film very close to there a couple of weeks ago.  Though mine was a Holga so they aren't nearly as crisp.

Why is the first one brown?
It's Guest's round

Jonathan

Forgot to say.....went for a coffee in a nice indy shop in Rochester.  Left the Holga on the table.  A young lad (maybe 19) came in and did a double take looking at it.  I think he wanted one.

Which was kind of odd because he had an H4D in his hands.
It's Guest's round

ABERS

Finishing Step 2 in what at this time of year seems a rush with all sorts of demands for prints for Exhibitions and Competitions.

1. 6 Prints finished and mounted for the Club's annual exhibition. O.K.

2. 5 Prints finished for selection for the RPS 155th International Print Exhibition. O.K.

3. 4 Prints to prepare for the forthcoming London Salon. ???

4. A variety of prints to prepare for the 7 categories in Club's Open Challenge competition. ???

Number 1

is a cert, because every club member gets a panel to exhibit their work.

Number 2

is the one I would like to happen. Just a 120 prints are selected from a usual entry of 3000+ world wide. Entered for the last 4 years with no success, back in the '80's got one in every year.

Number 3

Have managed to have a print accepted in each of the last 4 years, funny really, back in the '80's never had a sniff, now what does that tell me??

Number 4.

I've got my eye on one particular section this year, I've been fortunate in all the other 6 categories, so I'm hoping to complete a full house this year. :dance:

Must get out with the camera more!

irv_b

Quote from: spinner on March 16, 2012, 10:30:30 AM

No issues with development or do you have your own darkroom?
No Spin, I haven't and to be honest wouldn't know where to start! I took it to an independent shop to get it done £18 for development and a cd of the negs - job done.

Quote from: Jonathan on March 16, 2012, 04:51:52 PM

NICE :)

By coincidence I shot a roll of B&W medium format film very close to there a couple of weeks ago.  Though mine was a Holga so they aren't nearly as crisp.

Why is the first one brown?
I don't know, must have been while I was messing with cd in post!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.