• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
  • Google
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

How old is he now?? I remember my younger daughter insisting she must go as Wizzard to a fancy dress party once when she was about 10-11. She is now 51. Psst don't let her know I told you.

Reinardina

Graham, I omitted to congratulate you with your successful shoot! Sorry. Am very distracted these days. Must be my age.

ABERS, I assume you too, hope that your nearest and dearest never look at photosites.

Last autumn, I was held to account by my daughter, who had a look at my posts here and there, and accused me of flirting! I apparently used too many smileys and winks. Have only used two since then.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Soodge

Waking up to the fact that it's Friday, the weekend is ahead and then seeing an old and dear friend on the train on the way to work. Set me up for the day and am now planning to do as little work as possible!  ;D
Great photography is about depth of feeling.......not depth of field! [Peter Adams]

www.sjlphotography.co.uk - it's a work in progress!

Graham

Quote from: greypoint on February 27, 2012, 10:43:15 AM
Monty's first show - Best Minor Puppy and Reserve Best Puppy in Show - plus one knocked over dustbin, several chewed tombola prizes and one large mug of soup emptied on tablecloth by neatly aimed paw  :D  Celebrated today with a good gallop along the river  :dance:

Well done you, and well done Monty.
               Graham. :tup: :dance:

ps.  Love the positioning of the rossettes! :2funny:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

greypoint

That's my friend Mick acting as stand in handler - he's doing the obedience training with him ready for agility when he's old enough - now that should be fun!  ;D

spinner

Went to a retirement party for an old work mate, had a few pints. Met up with some old friends I hadn't seen in a while. People who'd left the job ahead of me. Some still at work. Enjoyed the time and the banter.  :)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

irv_b

WMMFGT,
Found out today that the company van that was supposed to be ordered for me last June has gotten lost in the system somewhere so I won't get a new van till August /september time! Why that is good, is that the new vans are limted to 68mph, which can lead to much longer travelling times when I am off all over the south of England  :)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

jinky

Quote from: irv_b on March 02, 2012, 08:24:16 PM
WMMFGT,
Found out today that the company van that was supposed to be ordered for me last June has gotten lost in the system somewhere so I won't get a new van till August /september time! Why that is good, is that the new vans are limted to 68mph, which can lead to much longer travelling times when I am off all over the south of England  :)

So in the meantime you can do the maximum 70 and gain that time eh  ;)

Cathus

I recently cut my hours at work so I can have an extra weekend a month off.

Finished work early tonight at 11pm knowing that tomorrow I have the weekend off for the first time, where normally I'd be working 4pm to 2am. Then I have the next 2 weekends off as normal. So iI'm now getting 3 weekends off out of 5 instead of 2. Good times.

anglefire

WMMFGT,

Don't see how 2mph will make that much difference Irv :legit:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

ABERS

Watched a programme last evening about the orbit of Earth around the Sun, with all the facts and figures about length of time and the tilt of the Earth and the effect that has on the day length in both hemispheres, and the polar day within the Arctic/Antarctic circles.

What brought a smile to my lips was at the end of the 24 hour polar day, when the sun first sets it rises again ten minutes later; and this continues with time between sunset and sunrise lengthening during the days.

Just think all those sunrise/sunset aficionados could have a whale of a time snapping away over a couple of days ad infinitum. :o

One positive thing could come out of it, they might get sick of it and start snapping something else. :legit:

picsfor

Quote from: anglefire on March 04, 2012, 07:50:44 AM
WMMFGT,

Don't see how 2mph will make that much difference Irv :legit:

I've followed Irv at 70mph - Cornwall to London in 2 hours :2funny:

My speedo said something different from 70mph :-X but Eileen didn't seem in the least bit bothered by it and would doubtless testify to the fact that she didn't notice what the speed said, but thought it was 70mph  :tup: :tup: :tup:

So, 68mph for Irv would mean an extra hour on the journey  :D :D ;)

ABERS

Well yesterday actually.

Had the great good fortune to attend a talk by Ian Berry, the Magnum photojournalist. I've always been a fan, and even more so now. You always expect that someone who has been in the thick of some of the world's hotspots and visited almost every corner of the world to record what atrocities man can inflict on man, to meet a 'gung ho' type person. Ian Berry is a quietly spoken urbane man who you would think would look more at home in a boardroom than a battlefield.

Whilst his photographs were stunning, what stood out was his understanding of the politics and the racial/tribal/ethnic rivalries behind the conflicts, usually stirred up by the so-called great powers to achieve their own ends.

Wonderful day and to be thoroughly recommended if you get the chance sometime in the future.

irv_b

WMMFGT
After chatting with one of the salesmen from my company last year about photography, I was given a film camera a few weeks back that belonged to his father and was languishing in his loft. My first few shots have been developed and scanned at a local lab in Balham have come back. I'm quite chuffed with them considering it's medium format and I have only dabbled a bit with 35mm and the results of that haven't been to clever. Having not been into photography before the digital age, I think I may try to find the time to explore this a bit more. Any advice is welcome.
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Graham

Quote from: irv_b on March 12, 2012, 08:33:40 PM
WMMFGT
After chatting with one of the salesmen from my company last year about photography, I was given a film camera a few weeks back that belonged to his father and was languishing in his loft. My first few shots have been developed and scanned at a local lab in Balham have come back. I'm quite chuffed with them considering it's medium format and I have only dabbled a bit with 35mm and the results of that haven't been to clever. Having not been into photography before the digital age, I think I may try to find the time to explore this a bit more. Any advice is welcome.

What is it? (Picture maybe?).
                 Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.