• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
  • Google
7ds
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Quote from: krennon on December 09, 2011, 08:34:40 PM
we will get a private tour and see parts of the royal hopsital that even organised tour parties don't get to see, have a spot of tea in The Great Hall and then maybe a drink or two (his words) in the In-Pensioners Club.

I would say your Christmas has come early this year, and why not.
The spirit of old comrades and Christmas still lives. Well pleased for you and Mrs 'K'

jinky

Nice one krennon - always nice when people come back to you.
Great one from shelfy H but what about the humble ginger nut I say!  ;)

greypoint

All forums have a bit of a turnover and people coming and going I suppose. I joined DCM when it was still a bit of a novelty and did'nt even have the option to upload pictures. Stan was around quite a lot then - and although grumpy a bit less controversial! This was before everyone had a DSLR - pre 300D days - and there was great excitement when a new 3mp bridge camera was released. First person to get banned was TRee I think. In those days it was Brian Waugh. Rik Moncur, Marianne, Karen, DMT, Barry etc. - Harry and Simon who are members here and someone called Jonathan [wonder what happened to him?]. I believe my old friend Mark Harvey is still about, using his D80 and rescuing Border Terriers. Oh happy day - when the POTY was a magazine only contest and based on a monthly competition so the winner had to amass points and actually submit a whole range of pictures rather than win with one lucky shot. All got a bit serious and sometimes nasty towards the end unfortunately....and I never did get more than the odd good picture from a Minolts 7i  :D

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on December 09, 2011, 08:34:40 PM
KeithT & Alan Ingham & Spiritflier all missed (I know spiritflier is around on flickr though)

WMMFGT Well I got a little letter back from the Chelsea Pensioner that I sent the photo too, and boy am I surprised....he dabbles in photography himself, and to my suprise and honour has invited myself and a companion to go and see him after christmas either during the week or at the weekend, where we will get a private tour and see parts of the royal hopsital that even organised tour parties don't get to see, have a spot of tea in The Great Hall and then maybe a drink or two (his words) in the In-Pensioners Club.

To say I am surprised,touched and honoured all at the same time would be an understatement, I am overwhelmed at this offer and will be taking him up on it. At the very most I thought I would get a "thank you for the photo it was very nice of you to send me a copy" never ever did I expect to get an invite such as this...I really am overwhelmed and even my wife had tears in her eyes when she read the letter....... :tup:  :) :beer:

One kind gesture gets it's reward.  :tup:

Graham

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on December 09, 2011, 05:25:52 PM
That is Shelfy, (chris patterson) he posts in flikr groups and is still as funny as ever.
Had an email from him only a couple of days ago.
Will send you a link via flikr Graham

Thanks for the link Mr Alf, I'll go and have a sniff.

And well done keith, what a result!
              Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

A Facebook exchange, between my daughter and a former school friend of my son's.  Daughter posted an old christmas picture on her page, in the picture was my old dog Ted. The 'friend' (obnoxious little creep) posted comment. Long story short, the dog terrified him and that's why he stopped coming around. Wish the old boy was still with us, so I could reward him! :2funny:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

hevans

Quote from: Graham on December 10, 2011, 11:39:06 AM
Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on December 09, 2011, 05:25:52 PM
That is Shelfy, (chris patterson) he posts in flikr groups and is still as funny as ever.
Had an email from him only a couple of days ago.
Will send you a link via flikr Graham

Thanks for the link Mr Alf, I'll go and have a sniff.

And well done keith, what a result!
              Graham. :)

You can also find him on facebook

picsfor

WMMFG? Virgin Media supplied their usual good service (for me anyway) and hooked up land line along with Broadband almost right on queue.
Worth being off line for 15 hours getting rid of BSkyB i have to say  :dance:

jimthetrain

Went to buy a 32" lcd for the eldest lad for xmas and settled for a panasonic model £299, when we got home they have given us an all singing all dancing 3D led full HD worth £800. Wifey says "f*** 'em, it's their fault. They gave it to us" For the first time in my life, I'm feeling slightly guilty.  :-[ What would you do. ??? Swap it for the 37" in the lounge or let the lad have it.  :2funny:
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Alfonso_Frisk

Flog it for 650, get another 300 quid one and put rest into the camera gear pot :idea: :tup:

RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Graham

I have to agree with your wife Jimthe. As regards feeling guilty, that's understandable, but I think, given time, the feeling will pass.
               Graham.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

Yes, do feel guilty, that's human. Wash it away with some Christmas cheer and forget it. There is huge mark up on these things. They still made money.  ;D

You're getting what I lost, just bought a 22" LG monitor on 'Clearance'. They didn't mention the boxed been opened, might even have been a floor model. When I got it home no power cord and it's it a special kind so just any old cord won't fit. Long story short, new power cord from LG and I might as well have bought it new. And I'm not telling my wife.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

Well yesterday actually. My youngest grandson passed hie driving test.

Another 'Taxi' to call on. I estimate I have a few thousand miles of 'credit' on the clock! :tup:

irv_b

My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.