• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
  • Google
Wish
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on November 18, 2011, 02:52:37 PM
I have on both my website and Flickr site a picture of Lord Donald Soper taken at 'Speakers' Corner back in the mid '80's.

Imagine my surprise when one of his daughters sent an email asking if she could have a copy of the picture, which I duly sent with pleasure. She has written back to thank and ask me if she can distribute it via her 'rather large' family.

I can't imagine that they have few pictures of such an established figure from the past but it's nice to know that my web site popped up when she Googled the words Lord Donald Soper and I jumped up third on the list!

If I can help somebody as I stroll along................. :dance: :dance: :dance:

That's a wonderful story Alan!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

greypoint

Oldboy

He looks a bit shameful. Cracking shot Sue.  :tup:

Reinardina

Beaux Reflets

Great caption shot Sue

"Bet you don't know where I last had a peeee"  :2funny:  :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on November 18, 2011, 03:43:49 PM
I have on both my website and Flickr site a picture of Lord Donald Soper taken at 'Speakers' Corner back in the mid '80's.

Imagine my surprise when one of his daughters sent an email asking if she could have a copy of the picture, which I duly sent with pleasure. She has written back to thank and ask me if she can distribute it via her 'rather large' family.

I can't imagine that they have few pictures of such an established figure from the past but it's nice to know that my web site popped up when she Googled the words Lord Donald Soper and I jumped up third on the list!

If I can help somebody as I stroll along................. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Nice story Alan. I`ve had the odd request from strangers seeking a shot which is always nice but my worst negative experience from people googling was when a guy in SS uniform at a 40`s weekend in Haworth found himself on my flickr site. Unfortunately Andrew from Aussiland over there that some here know put a reference to a certain jug eared SS officer down and I replied saying "I had not noticed but now I look again". Of course he was not pleased and I took the image and comment down and said I`d send him a full res copy if he sent me an email address but did not hear again. Lesson learned and if anyone puts a dodgy comment now even in fun I delete it. I never put tags on my flickr pics as I am not desperate for views etc  and it never ceases to amaze me how people find the shot. When they`re famous it`s a bit more likely I guess.

Beaux Reflets

Being able to use both hands on the keyboard  :o

irv_b

Quote from: beauxreflets on November 20, 2011, 01:58:23 PM
Being able to use both hands on the keyboard  :o

Great news Andy, here's to you getting stronger and stronger :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Beaux Reflets

Cheers Irv,

Having possibly figured out the jigsaw puzzle in layman terms re Secondary Parkinson's, I seem to be benefiting already in trying to put theory into real practicalities. I have been truly amazed at the physical changes, and spent a few emotional tears too in the excitement and the sadness that my Ma may have benefited from these experiences of increasing well being.

I'm taking things as gently as I can, so as not to over do it - I will probably miss the weekly comp this week as the light is fading fast for the ideal shot. And I have more notes to put together extending my findings  http://sites.google.com/site/beauxreflets/dps  as things seem to be progressing in the right direction.

Reinardina

Quote from: beauxreflets on November 20, 2011, 04:11:38 PM
Cheers Irv,

Having possibly figured out the jigsaw puzzle in layman terms re Parkinson's, I seem to be benefiting already in trying to put theory into real practicalities. I have been truly amazed at the physical changes, and spent a few emotional tears too in the excitement and the sadness that my Ma may have benefited from these experiences of increasing well being.

I'm taking things as gently as I can, so as not to over do it - I will probably miss the weekly comp this week as the light is fading fast for the ideal shot. And I have more notes to put together extending my findings  http://sites.google.com/site/beauxreflets/dps  as things seem to be progressing in the right direction.

Andy, I didn't realise you were already reaping the benfeits! That's wonder ful!
I'm now waiting to see your name in the scientific papers! (Will you alert me to them? As I don't read them normally.)

Reinardina

Quote from: jinky on November 19, 2011, 08:54:57 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on November 18, 2011, 03:43:49 PM

Nice story Alan. I`ve had the odd request from strangers seeking a shot which is always nice but my worst negative experience from people googling was when a guy in SS uniform at a 40`s weekend in Haworth found himself on my flickr site. Unfortunately Andrew from Aussiland over there that some here know put a reference to a certain jug eared SS officer down and I replied saying "I had not noticed but now I look again". Of course he was not pleased and I took the image and comment down and said I`d send him a full res copy if he sent me an email address but did not hear again. Lesson learned and if anyone puts a dodgy comment now even in fun I delete it. I never put tags on my flickr pics as I am not desperate for views etc  and it never ceases to amaze me how people find the shot. When they`re famous it`s a bit more likely I guess.

I've had my first 'awkward' experience on Flckr this weekend.

Earlier in the week, I shot a few pictures f some workmen digging up the pavement, and duly posted them in my photostream, and in the 'on the job' group.
I thought the photo's were really good and was pleased when they were almost immediately 'snapped up' as favourites.
These people did not leave a comment, so I had a look at their account and found my beautiful workmen among loads and loads of firemen, divers, builders, you name it, all workmen 'on the job.' All just a tad peculiar, I thought. And a lot of the pictures in the photostream were blotted out.

I guess you, experienced peple (on the dangers of the internet!) know where I'm going, but, innocent me, was quite shocked to find among the groups they were members of, names like 'Rubber Aprons, ' and 'Rubber Boots and Bondage.'

My poor workmen had ended up 'in the hands' of some gay chaps with very outspoken tastes!
As I did not know how to make sure they were only visible to contacts, I deleted them.

I still have alot to learn about the dangers of the internet!

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on November 20, 2011, 04:27:02 PM
Quote from: beauxreflets on November 20, 2011, 04:11:38 PM
Cheers Irv,

Having possibly figured out the jigsaw puzzle in layman terms re Secondary Parkinson's, I seem to be benefiting already in trying to put theory into real practicalities. I have been truly amazed at the physical changes, and spent a few emotional tears too in the excitement and the sadness that my Ma may have benefited from these experiences of increasing well being.

Andy, I didn't realise you were already reaping the benfeits! That's wonder ful!
I'm now waiting to see your name in the scientific papers! (Will you alert me to them? As I don't read them normally.)

It is still early days R - Can do without publicity as I am not into that sort of thing - but then I feel I have a moral duty to share and thank my medical team for their care and assistance - and I prayfully feel other folk may benefit. That said, I am not a scientist, my knowledge is limited and there are no doubt lots of causes and types of these disorders. The last thing I want to do is mislead folk or provide false hope. As I can only comment on my personal condition.  :tup:

krennon

Andy hope you continue to improve good luck....

WMMFGT...last night at camera club was our 2nd pdi competition and our judge didn't turn up so 2 members kindly stepped in to do the judging (yes they are both judges on circuit) one was Anne (member of KCC and R&TPS and the other was Tom, i'm sure Abers knows them both certainly anne)
Well Anne judged the Standard/Intermediate class (my class) and scored both of my shots as 10's one was the Chelsea Pensioner Smile and the other was Fallow Stag...I am well chuffed 1st time ever I have scored 2 10's in the comps.....

btw Irv I have got virtually the same shot as you of the old soldier waving hello to his mates, didn't post mine 'cos it is virtually identical to yours, didn't realise we hit the shutter at the same time  ;)
the other thing that made me feel good is I have a date for starting as a permanent member of staff at the company I've been working at start on the 1st December so I have a job that hopefully I will succeed and excel in.....so it's looking good me and the missus are saving some pennies now and HOPEFULLY we may go to New Orleans late next year.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Eileen

Well done Keith - on both points.  :beer: I do hope you make it to New Orleans next year. I've been there once for a much too brief trip and would love to go back. A fascinating place.

I also hope things continue to improve for you Andy.

Beaux Reflets

Thank you all for your kind wishes  :beer: and congratulations Keith  :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.