• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 58
aliexpress
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickt

Alfonso_Frisk

Congratulations Nick. Love your burger bar shot.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

greypoint

Quote from: nickt on October 28, 2011, 10:26:51 PM
Just been featured on www.streetphotographerblog.wordpress.com
Fame at last!
Nick

always like looking at your street stuff - well done

WMMFGT....

James....my new vacuum cleaner [the old one lit up and started to smell sort of hot!]....made clearing up so much easier this morning.

Being able to take Monty puppy out to the park - it still does'nt tire him out but at least it takes the edge off!

Beaux Reflets

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Graham

WMMFGT?

That the "What annoyed you today" thread has reached 100 pages, 29 pages behind the "What made me feel good today" thread! :dance:

Three cheers to Sue for starting it all! :beer:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

krennon

I got a penalty charge notice come through my door last week got charged £55.00 for "illegal parking" basically I stopped at tolworth broadway in a parking bay @ 18:44 not realising I couldn't stop in this particular bay until after 7pm.
I got out of the car walked to the ticket machine saw the parking restriction times, walked back to the car and immediately moved off. This whole event took 21 seconds, (they were kind enough to send me the photos from the cctv camera along with the pcn).
So I sent an appeal basically stating all of the above & that I have never deliberately or knowingly parked illegally and that if they review the cctv footage then I am sure that they would acknowledge that 21 seconds is not long enough to have carried out any activity other than walking to the ticket machine and back to the car to move it upon realising I couldn't park there....

The upshot of all of this....Along with my copy of AP in the post this morning was a letter from Kingston Council cancelling the Penalty Charge Notice WOOHOO a council that has acknowledged that 21 seconds was not long enough to have done anything other than get out of the car and then get back in and move....Common Sense has prevailed well chuffed. ;D

And for the record I would never knowingly park illegally, or in an obstructive way I'm one of those people who gets annoyed when other people do it so I wouldn't do it myself.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Graham

That's really good news Kieth, can I sujest you write to your local paper about it. Good news is always welcome.
                 Graham. :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Alfonso_Frisk

WMMFGT?
Got a letter off the tax man and he owes me money :tup:
Been retired 12 months now after leaving at 50 with pension and redundo and was expecting a "underpayment" letter as others who left at the same time got. :2funny:
Never had a rebate in 34yrs of paying into the system so a nice suprise for me :beer:
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Graham

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on November 05, 2011, 11:32:49 AM
WMMFGT?
Got a letter off the tax man and he owes me money :tup:
Been retired 12 months now after leaving at 50 with pension and redundo and was expecting a "underpayment" letter as others who left at the same time got. :2funny:
Never had a rebate in 34yrs of paying into the system so a nice suprise for me :beer:
RR
Alf

Iv'e had a letter from the tax man today as well.
  The venue I do most of my gigpics at offerd me a suitcase full of used notes to use some pics in a brochure.
  I declared it (as you would expect!) and now I owe him £166.60. A figure which appropriately contains the sign of the devil!
                              Musn't grumble. Graham. >:(

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

When my youngest grandson was playing in the U7's and U8's some ten or so years ago, a young chubby lad of about 15 regularly used to referee the matches. I always remember he was always immaculately turned out and applied the letter of the law to a 'T'.

Imagine my surprise when I spotted him again today running the line at the Arsenal v Weat Brom match.

Great stuff Mr Charles Breakespear! :tup:

ABERS

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on November 10, 2011, 08:27:29 AM
To see that Thatcher is enjoying her retirement.

http://twitpic.com/6wiw1c

She's still got it, the saucy minx!

Anyway. I've got a copy of The Downing St Years, signed  by The Magi, Thatchertolla, Maggie Thatch call her what you will. So when she finaly goes to meet her maker down there, will the proceeds of it's sale buy me something nice? How do I find out what it's worth? (If anything.)

Iv'e no reason to doubt it's authenticity, though I did'nt witness her signing it. ( Had I done, the temptation to punch her in the face would have been too great to resist!)
                   Graham.  :)

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

I have on both my website and Flickr site a picture of Lord Donald Soper taken at 'Speakers' Corner back in the mid '80's.

Imagine my surprise when one of his daughters sent an email asking if she could have a copy of the picture, which I duly sent with pleasure. She has written back to thank and ask me if she can distribute it via her 'rather large' family.

I can't imagine that they have few pictures of such an established figure from the past but it's nice to know that my web site popped up when she Googled the words Lord Donald Soper and I jumped up third on the list!

If I can help somebody as I stroll along................. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.