• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 45
  • Total: 45
aliexpress
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

WMMFGT Got an 8/10 for my B&W Trevethy Quoit shot in last nights print comp (it's on my flickr page)
and a 7.5/10 for a shot of a pebble with a rusty band on it, think it's put me in 2nd place with one comp left so it's all to play for now.....fingers crossed I can pull something out of the bag for the last comp and get some good points but the competition is fierce we've got some really good togs at our club....and it is just a bit of fun really I don't take it too seriously but I do like hearing the judges comments they're normally very encouraging and tend to give constructive criticism rather than make disparaging comments...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

jimthetrain

WMMFGT.  AMAZON.

I ordered a battery grip for my 7D (£139) (WEX £195) and a canon battery (£49) (WEX £72) on Monday evening with free super saver delivery and got it earlier on today (Wednesday). Top service me thinks. :tup:

Something slightly related. 7dayshop are doing fully decoded batteries for the 7D for less than a tenner and the write ups seem favourable. You notice these things after you have already ordered from somewhere else. ::) Might try a couple in the near future at that price.
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

krennon

WMMFGT Finding out that my company has just signed some more sites of one of our customers in the division I work for, which means possibly a lot more work and responsibility for me potentially, but it may also mean I can possibly negotiate a pay rise...fingers crossed 3 years without one I think I am possibly due a pay rise now (or they can give me an extra 2 weeks hols in lieu I'd be happy with that)

Oldboy

Quote from: krennon on February 04, 2011, 03:56:13 PM
WMMFGT Finding out that my company has just signed some more sites of one of our customers in the division I work for, which means possibly a lot more work and responsibility for me potentially, but it may also mean I can possibly negotiate a pay rise...fingers crossed 3 years without one I think I am possibly due a pay rise now (or they can give me an extra 2 weeks hols in lieu I'd be happy with that)

That's good news these days. Hope the chat on a pay rise goes well.  :tup:

alan1572

Quote from: Oldboy on February 04, 2011, 09:22:42 PM
Quote from: krennon on February 04, 2011, 03:56:13 PM

That's good news these days. Hope the chat on a pay rise gose well.  :tup:

yeah, go for it...i'm sure your worth it ;)
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

anglefire

Not really today, but last weekend really!
Spent Friday night, Saturday lunch and Saturday night doing a 40th party for a neighbour, then went to Bala in North wales Sunday for some off roading and more pictures.

Full album is Here
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jinky

Just been watching a stream of the Newcastle - Arsenal game - what a comeback. Just watch Wenger moan and cry on MOTD . Should be fun.
Who needs a centre forward eh!!!

alan1572

everton winning 5-3..what a game

krennon

Went to London yesterday for the Chinese New Year Celebrations got up there at about 10:30 and stayed at Trafalgar Square for a few hours then went on to China Town, great day out, even the coppers were friendly and acccomodating...shots to be posted soon once I've processed them...and no didn't get to Hyde Park and Speakers Corner but that's there every Sunday....Chinese New Year only comes but once a year....finally got home at about 7:30pm and was knackered....did get a red envelope from the money god with 20pence in it though :)

Diary Date for you all Chinese New Year Celebrations next year are on Sunday 29th January....

Kung Hei Fat Choi everybody....

Graham

What made me laugh today.
                                               Just been down to the doctors for my yearly service. She had this nursery rhyme on her wall.

JACK SPRAT ATE LOTS OF FAT
                              HIS WIFE ATE LOTS OF SWEETIES
                              HE HAS HAD A HEART ATTACK
                              AND SHE'S GOT DIABETES

Ok maybe slightly bad taste but it tickled me!
                        Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on February 07, 2011, 05:04:29 PM
                                               Just been down to the doctors for my yearly service. She had this nursery rhyme on her wall.

AND SHE'S GOT DIABETES

No mags to read then?  :2funny:

spinner

Quote from: Graham on February 07, 2011, 05:04:29 PM

AND SHE'S GOT DIABETES

It's got my vote. It maybe that I was stupid, it may be that I was wilfully blind. But I can honestly tell you I had absolutely no idea what type II diabetes was until I was diagnosed with it. In the mean time, I damaged my heart, my liver and my immune system. Good on the Doctor.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

krennon

WMMFGT

Last night at Camera Club we had a VERY VERY interesting,entertaining, amusing and thoroughly enjoyable talk by a gentleman called ALAN ABERCROMBIE F.R.P.S.  ;)

Alan very kindly agreed to give a talk a while back and did a PDI show of Speakers Corners, Demonstrations etc, it was a truly a great evening and I know the club members enjoyed it, so Alan from me a big big thank you for stepping in and coming to Kingston CC and giving us a very very pleasurable night full of insights into the shots you have taken of the speakers at Speakers Corner, the demonstrations and the penguins coming in to land at Hunstanton  :2funny:

alan1572

getting up this morning to find no wind or rain :) makes my job a whole lot easier

ABERS

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.