• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 62
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 59
  • Total: 59
photobox
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: krennon on June 01, 2011, 11:14:12 AM
The bloody car!!!  >:(
Spent the day yesterday fixing it and it seemed ok....so drove it this morning to take it to garage for the MOT, going along a busy road I just turned right and a set of lights changed so changed gear from 2nd to 1st, couldn't get it into 1st gear at all tried 2nd again and nothing zilcho zero it was stuck in neutral...turned engine off, left it for a few mins and still nothing engine wouldn't even turn over, called the RAC who were there literally 5 minutes later as the patrol was only round the corner....he checked the battery no problem there, explained we had changed the slave cylinder yesterday but he doesn't think that is the problem but he wasn't sure what the problem is...he told me to leave it with him as he would have to arrange a tow to the garage that I was taking it to anyway, I was literally a 30 second walk from work where I broke down, so I've come in to work he's taken it to the garage and we are hpoing against hope that it is not terminal or cost prohibitive....Maverick 2.7tdi 4x4 (basically a Nissan Terrano with a ford badge on it) if the gearbox has gone it's gonna be a deadun I suspect  :'(,  so we are praying it isn't that....

Hope its just a wee bubble in the system Keith and nothing major  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

skellum

More what upset me really... We have had to have our dog Brian put down today. Brian was the most friendly and faithful pet we have ever had. He loved everyone including our cats. Didn't realise how soft I was untill this happened.

krennon

My commiserations Dave, I know how devastated I was when my old cat died whom I'd had since i was six and he died when I was 17, and I'm dreading the day when either of our cats go.
Pets are so faithful even our cats run down the road to greet us when we come home so my sincere condolences to you and your family, but take comfort that you gave him a good life and a good home and remember him as he was.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Hinfrance

Got to be grim Dave - it'll leave a gap for a while.

Keith - thanks for the offer - I have a couple of lines of enquiry going; if they come to nothing I might take you up on that.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

krennon

No problem just let me know anytime but I am on hols next week so won't be near a computer at all from Mon thru to Fri....will need make/model engine size
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Graham

Very sorry to hear that Dave.
                                                We've had a rescue dog for 17 years now (Boots) and she still acts and runs about like a puppy.
                                                Obviously the inevitable will happen sooner or later, and I'm not sure how we will cope with that.
                                                It sounds as though you gave him the best kind of life.
                                                                      Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Thanks Keith.

There is a dealer on the Skoda forums, and I'm going to ask him if he'll stick one in the post to me.

Fear not, I have the part number :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: krennon on June 01, 2011, 11:14:12 AM
The bloody car!!!  >:(
Spent the day yesterday fixing it and it seemed ok....so drove it this morning to take it to garage for the MOT, going along a busy road I just turned right and a set of lights changed so changed gear from 2nd to 1st, couldn't get it into 1st gear at all tried 2nd again and nothing zilcho zero it was stuck in neutral...turned engine off, left it for a few mins and still nothing engine wouldn't even turn over, called the RAC who were there literally 5 minutes later as the patrol was only round the corner....he checked the battery no problem there, explained we had changed the slave cylinder yesterday but he doesn't think that is the problem but he wasn't sure what the problem is...he told me to leave it with him as he would have to arrange a tow to the garage that I was taking it to anyway, I was literally a 30 second walk from work where I broke down, so I've come in to work he's taken it to the garage and we are hpoing against hope that it is not terminal or cost prohibitive....Maverick 2.7tdi 4x4 (basically a Nissan Terrano with a ford badge on it) if the gearbox has gone it's gonna be a deadun I suspect  :'(,  so we are praying it isn't that....

I feel your pain, just got my truck out of the garage, £500 later have new front brakes including calipers. Victim of false economy it seems. The truck is American Ford F150 with giant V8 that gets 12.38 l/km.  So since my retirement a year ago now, it's not been driven more than a few miles. Seems this caused the calipers to seize after the winter snows. I have to get my equivalent of your MOT done next week. Not sure if I'd driven it regularly it would have used that much gasoline.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Markulous

Car woes only reminded me of two weeks ago: OH needed to get Citroen C3 through MOT, so I said I'd meet her there. Arrived early so asked the guys if they could take a look for the rattle from underneath my car (diesel Golf) - been there for a couple of months and hadn't a clue what it was but maybe exhaust.
"Not exhaust" was the comment from the inspection pit, so they jacked the front end up.
"Here you go" as mechanic chucked a section of coil spring onto the floor! Not only broken but remaining coil not held by cup so could've boinged down at any time!

Left Golf to get coil spring replaced and C3 to get MOT'd - they lent a car to get us where we were going. Phone rings:
"You'll never believe this but the C3's failed MOT with exactly the same problem: coil spring broken - it's even the same one" (offside front)

I suppose the coincidence isn't that great as suspensions generally are getting a hammering with the rubbish state of the roads - although we don't travel the same roads (she lives 50 miles away!)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Oldboy

Quote from: Dave on June 01, 2011, 01:52:52 PM
More what upset me really... We have had to have our dog Brian put down today. Brian was the most friendly and faithful pet we have ever had. He loved everyone including our cats. Didn't realise how soft I was untill this happened.

Sorry about Brian Dave.  :'(

Our pets are part of our family so, when they die, it like losing a child. The only crumb of comfort is that they had a wonderful life with lots of love.  :(

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on June 01, 2011, 10:40:55 PM

Sorry about Brian Dave.  :'(

Me too, my Ted had to be put down 5 yrs. ago now. Still miss my Bitsa (half shephard, half great Dane).  Best dog ever. My wife had dogs all her life, so she's become used to it. Me, not so much, I hate to sound soppy, but I miss that dog.  :'(

Our pets are part of our family so, when they die, it like losing a child. The only crumb of comfort is that they had a wonderful life with lots of love.  :(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

CML-1591

being bothered to sort this out:  :( >:(

Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Reinardina

Didn't see this post till now. But I do know how you feel. And there's nothing wrong with being soft in a situation like this.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Installed a new disk on my PC. It was one I tried as a mirrored disk which caused me problems last year. Restarted PC and It came up with a error on mirrored drives, so had to fix that but then it was installed as drive E and Drive F with both adding to about 500gb. The disk is a 1.5tb so deleted both drives in Windows, rebooted and it reinstalled them the same again.  :uglystupid2:

Using Windows had to remove both volumes and format before I got it as a 1.3tb again. What I can't understand is why Vista installed them as two separate drives, and partition then as having less than the full size!  :doh:

Hinfrance

More irritated really.

Write speed on my K5 has deteriorated so much I feel I have a shopping expedition to acquire a new SD card. I hate spending money :)

But the good news is that the K5 has now been disastered as I dropped it onto a concrete floor. So that's two drops each for the K10D and K20D, one for the K5. This is why I need tough cameras - I have a double clumsy gene.  :D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.