• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on December 12, 2013, 01:52:33 PM
  Just sold 10 of my gigpics to Faber Publishing for a book out next march.  :beer: :dance:

At last, someone recognizes my colossal talent!  :legit:

Colossal ego more like!  :P

Well done Graham.  :tup:

Graham

Colossal ego more like!  :P

[/quote]

;D :-*
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

That's great Graham. Coffee on you next time!

Graham

Quote from: ABERS on December 13, 2013, 07:48:12 AM
That's great Graham. Coffee on you next time!

Absolutely, might even get one of those fancy biscuits!  :tup:

You never know, might even pay!  ;)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Andrew

Quote from: Graham on December 12, 2013, 01:52:33 PM
  Just sold 10 of my gigpics to Faber Publishing for a book out next march.  :beer: :dance:

At last, someone recognizes my colossal talent!  :legit:

No, your talent has been recognised for a long time, you've finally persuaded some one to pay for it.  :dance: Excellent news.

On an aside - I have just my birth family (I'm adopted) after a tense week or two as to how this would pan out.
I now have all the answers - Why? Where? When? Who? Family Medical History and so on.
What is really frightening is seeing people who are the spitting image of you or your daughters - talk like you all, sound like you all and even have the same personality traits as you all.

I've spent 50 years thinking the world is safe - now I know there are TWO of me  :o :o :o

I have no ideas as to how things will pan out, and have no illusions as to it all being a fairy tale ending, after all I still have my adopted family of 50 years - well 49 now, apparently!  ;)
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Oldboy

Quote from: Andrew on December 13, 2013, 03:56:35 PM
I have no ideas as to how things will pan out, and have no illusions as to it all being a fairy tale ending, after all I still have my adopted family of 50 years -well 49 now, apparently!  ;)

Looking on the bright side you have two families.  :tup:

Reinardina

Quote from: Andrew on December 13, 2013, 03:56:35 PM
On an aside - I have just my birth family (I'm adopted) after a tense week or two as to how this would pan out.
I now have all the answers - Why? Where? When? Who? Family Medical History and so on.
What is really frightening is seeing people who are the spitting image of you or your daughters - talk like you all, sound like you all and even have the same personality traits as you all.

I've spent 50 years thinking the world is safe - now I know there are TWO of me  :o :o :o

I have no ideas as to how things will pan out, and have no illusions as to it all being a fairy tale ending, after all I still have my adopted family of 50 years - well 49 now, apparently!  ;)

That must be an enormous emotional upheaval Andrew; difficult to understand for someone who never experienced something like this.
I suppose it makes a difference if you were the one looking for the answers, or if your birth family found you.

I hope it all works out, and that your adoptive parents don't feel hurt.

Good luck and merry Christmas.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Andrew

Thank you for your comments.

Being adopted is one of those ironies of life, though the rules are now being sorted out.
What has been interesting is my daughters take on the event - think they're even more keen than me. Youthful excuberance i think  :)

At least I'll have a good excuse to share photos and get the camera out to create some more family snaps  :tup:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

ABERS

Be sure to buy February's edition of B+W Magazine.   8)

P.S. You can always download it to your tablet or whatever.

Hinfrance

And I thought after your WAMT post it was going to be that long lost rich relative had just made you the sole heir!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

ABERS

spinner

Quote from: ABERS on December 18, 2013, 02:54:51 PM

February's? Surely you jest. I can barely remember what I need to do this week!  :-[
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

ABERS

Quote from: spinner on December 18, 2013, 10:24:37 PM

February's? Surely you jest. I can barely remember what I need to do this week!  :-[

Don't worry Spin, I don't think it appears in Canada or the US if you're overwintering there.
just to confuse the issue Feb's magazine comes out in January. :doh:

donoreo

Quote from: ABERS on December 19, 2013, 08:49:58 AM
Quote from: spinner on December 18, 2013, 10:24:37 PM

Don't worry Spin, I don't think it appears in Canada or the US if you're overwintering there.
just to confuse the issue Feb's magazine comes out in January. :doh:
For North American magazines that is normal.  The Feb issue is out in January, March in Feb, etc.  Imports, like UK magazines, usually appear on newstands near the end of the month of issue.  So December's issues will be out shortly. 

Andrew

B+W Magazine - or as some like to call it "The Fuji-X Users Magazine"

Do any Fuji-X users still work in colour?  ???

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.