• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 57
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 36
  • Total: 36
parkcameras
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarasocke

Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Sarasocke

I just bought me a bright red Panasonic G3  :D
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Quote from: Sarasocke on December 02, 2011, 05:34:57 PM

Now the wildlife will be able to see you coming miles off!  :o

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on December 03, 2011, 12:38:44 AM
Quote from: Sarasocke on December 02, 2011, 05:34:57 PM

Now the wildlife will be able to see you coming miles off!  :o

As wildlife apparently includes zoo captives, they can't run all that far!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

I'm sure many of you will know the work of Leigh Preston. The club had a talk from him on Thursday evening. I've seen Leigh on several occasions and his lighthearted banter combined with excellent photography is well worth the time if you have the opportunity to hear him.  :tup:

Cathus

I was employed as the official photographer for the British American Football Championships in September. This involved shooting about 8 matches over a weekend from children up to adults, fully kitted and unkitted flag football.

I was supposed to have been paid on the day but the organiser 'forgot'. I've been chasing payment after several 'it'll be there next week' promises failed.

I was finally paid this morning when a cheque arrived (let's hope it doesn't bounce), hurrah!!

Reinardina

Quote from: Cathus on December 04, 2011, 12:26:01 AM
I was employed as the official photographer for the British American Football Championships in September. This involved shooting about 8 matches over a weekend from children up to adults, fully kitted and unkitted flag football.

I was supposed to have been paid on the day but the organiser 'forgot'. I've been chasing payment after several 'it'll be there next week' promises failed.

I was finally paid this morning when a cheque arrived (let's hope it doesn't bounce), hurrah!!

Just in time for Christmas! Fingers crossed it will be honoured!

Sarasocke

A couple of days ago I received an order by e-mail for our dog-shelter calendar 2012 (all my own work  ;)). The unusual bit about it was, that order was from a lady in Finnland. I wrote back and told her what the postage was and where to transfer the money, but also asked how she'd come accross our calendar. We're only a middle sized regional shelter, not quite the size of the RSPCA ...  ::)
She replied that she'd googled "Tierschutzkalender" (animal rescue calendar). Google came up with quite a few to choose from, but she said mine was the best - the photos were really good and the quotations I picked out for each dog were super.
What a complement, heh?  :dance:
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

irv_b

Well done Carol you do post some lovely dog shots so I imagine the calendar is a great one :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Sarasocke

Thanks Irv - you can see it on my sarasocke.com website :)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

greypoint

Seven weeks ago a heavily pregnant bitch was picked up in a local park by the dog warden. As she was obviously unclaimed we took her on and she went home and was whelped by our behavioural expert with assistance from his daughter. Today at five weeks they came to the kennels for a viewing where the potential adopters could see them. Subject to home visits being OK all eight have new homes waiting - and so does mum.

Also happy that the flyball calendars I did for the local teams were collected and, fingers crossed, OK  :)

Graham

That's good news about the puppies and mother, hope they all go on to have long and happy lives.
           Well done to all concerned.  Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

For the weekly competition on 'concrete,' I have been back and forth to a demolition site, several days running. (I often don't get it right the first time, and have to go back, to do it again.) Shooting through 'peepholes' in the green fence and circling the building several times to find the best angle. On  Saturday I was even allowed to photograph from (just) within the gate.

Thank goodness, I decided I 'had' my shot, otherwise I'd be back there today, when the building partially collapsed onto the pavement! No casualties thank goodness.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/9402068.Building_collapse_closes_city_road/

No comments on the awfulness of the local rag please, we've given up reading it years ago.

krennon

WOW lots going on...only been away (as in not at computer) for a few days...

Carol great news about the pups, just a shame people don't get their animals neutered/Spayed  >:(....but at least this litter will have homes by the sound of it.... :tup:
Reinardina glad you weren't there otherwise you might have got mashed or crushed Yikes  :legit:
WMMFGT
Camera club comp last night and I got a 7 for my shot of the London Eye all lit up in red for Remembrance Sunday (grab shot from Westminster Bridge as Irv and I were making our way back home on the day) and got a 10 for my shot called Tasty the Amur Leopard licking its lips, despite Jay disapproving of my mount cutting skills (have to say she was right about the cutting but it was my first attempt) and I've also mounted a print of the Chelsea Pensioner Smile I took on remembrance Sunday as well & sent it to the Royal Hopsital with a little cover note asking them to pass it on to the pensioner concerned, seeing as he fought for King/Queen & Country and the shot scored me a 10/10 in the last pdi comp I thought it was the least I could do....

Abers..Jay Charnock is harsh isn't she....encouraging and constructive but harsh at the same time and boy did she give the advanced class some serious comments, she went a bit easier on us poor beginners/intermediates but that said she did give some 9's, 9.5's and 10's to the Advanced last night.....as well as to the beginners/intermediates

All in all a good evening last night apart from my trousers ripping when I sat down  :-[ :( luckily i had a fleece I could tie round my waist otherwise that would have been really embarassing......
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

ABERS

Quote from: krennon on December 06, 2011, 06:35:40 PM
I've also mounted a print of the Chelsea Pensioner Smile I took on remembrance Sunday as well & sent it to the Royal Hopsital with a little cover note asking them to pass it on to the pensioner concerned, seeing as he fought for King/Queen & Country and the shot scored me a 10/10 in the last pdi comp I thought it was the least I could do....

Nice touch Keith. :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.