• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

It is superb. Irv and I and went up there a couple of weeks ago with the intention of doing an afternoon shoot at speakers corner alas that didn't turn out quite so well due to the heavans opening....I think I will definitely go back up there but it will have to be a weekend. I can highly recommend the museum though, I was telling my dad about it and he is considering coming for a visit from Devon to go to it...

Alan if you are planning another trip up there maybe we can meet up and tie it in with a speakers corner shoot if you fancy it? (Is it only on Sundays the speakers are there or is it everyday?) and this is an open invite for all obviously be good to have another meet up...me and the mrs are away quite a lot throughout April, May and June so if we can sort something in the first couple of weeks in Apr?

WMMFGT
Nearly out of debt.....will be XXX pounds better off a month after this month, ok credit rating shot to pieces but hey ho we're finally there after about 6 years... :tup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Hinfrance

Quote from: ABERS on March 15, 2011, 10:22:28 PM
Until the 4th September this year Howard. Plenty of time to tootle across the channel ;)

Absolutely Alan - we have a jaunt to London planned for July, so I'll try to catch it then.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

irv_b

Yes! absolutey try and get there Howard it is a really good exhibition. It's surprising  that they have shots from so far back.

WMMFGT
Well yesterday really. I got a macro lens (105mm non vr ) from Grays of Westminster and have been playing with it all day trying to get a shot for the weekly comp but haven't got any of consequence yet :(
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Hinfrance

Quote from: irv_b on March 19, 2011, 05:40:02 PM
Yes! absolutey try and get there Howard it is a really good exhibition. It's surprising  that they have shots from so far back.

WMMFGT
Well yesterday really. I got a macro lens (105mm non vr ) from Grays of Westminster and have been playing with it all day trying to get a shot for the weekly comp but haven't got any of consequence yet :(

I've already got it OK'd by SHMBO, so I'll be there eventually.

Macros can take a bit of getting used to, especially 'longer' ones like the 100mm - very small depth of field. I'm sure you'll come up with something :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beryl

What made me feel god today was the sun shined all day and I was able to get out on my bike with my camera :)
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Oldboy

Quote from: Beryl on March 19, 2011, 06:10:02 PM
What made me feel god today was the sun shined all day and I was able to get out on my bike with my camera :)

Same here.  :tup:

The only trouble was everyone else thought the same!  :(

bones615

I have finally spent my long service award on a small camera to take on hols, panasonic TZ18.
Lots of bells & whistles, manual, shutter priority, image stabilizer, 16x zoom etc. but no raw. Hope its not as good as the hype or there might be a lot of SLR gear on Ebay. Battery is charging, i am about to install software will let you know what its like when i've had a play.

Simon

Beryl

What made me feel good today was the mass of very high trees across the road have been trimmed right down which means the light can reach the earth below now so grasses and roots  can grow and stop them toppling when the ground gets waterlogged .
Also I can see over the top now right across the estuary  :)

My Web site

krennon

Been offered a couple of sony fit lenses by a chappy at camera club, one is a Minolta 50mm 1.7 lens and the other is a Sigma 24mm Super Wide II macro....plus a load of other gear that I'm not interested in old dynax film bodies etc...tried the lenses out last night and this morning, and they seem to be superb on my a350...I tried the sigma and took a shot of the back of a DVD case and the text was perfectly readable on the screen...Haven't had a proper play with the 50mm just tried a couple of indoor shots with it but it seems nice and the glass is clean on both.....well chuffed, reckon I should be able to pay between £80 - £120 for the two (according to dyxum this would be a reasonable amount for the 2)
This means hopefully that any vouchers etc I get for my b'day or any paid photography work I manage to scrape together and not buying sandwiches for lunch, within a few months hopefully I will be able to get myself the Sigma 120-400mm....with any luck fingers x'd,  that or does anybody want to buy a used kidney one careful(ish)  ;)

Graham

Keith.
            Definatley get the 50 1.7
            Every home should have one! Not sure what the "Crop" factor is on your camera, but this lens would be ideal for 3/4 length portraits and so on.
                            Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

krennon

That's what I was thinking Graham tbh I'm going to go for both as I was thinking of getting a dedicated macro lens and portrait lens at some point and they're about £150.00 each new(give or take) so if I can get these 2 for around the £100.00 mark I'll be very happy especially as the chappie has said I can pay over a few months if necessary  :tup: Crop factor is 1.5 so a 50mm turns into a 75mm on the A350....
Then as friends and family tend to get me Jessops vouchers for my b'day I can save save save for the Sigma 120-400mm which will give me a really nice line of lenses then..current line up is 18-70 & 55-200 kit lenses, Minolta 35-80mm f4 lens, minolta 70-210f4 beercan (LOOOOOVE that lens) so throw in a macro lens and 50mm 1.7 prime and I think that just about covers most things....as I sadly can't afford a 70-300f2.8 Sony G lens...or any real 2.8 glass come to that...would love a super long 2.8 for the wildlife shots but don't think that will happen barring a lottery win or sale of said kidney...

Graham

I find kidneys to be overrated! :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: Graham on March 23, 2011, 09:09:55 PM

Nah! If you cook them with a bit of liver they go down a treat!  :2funny: :2funny:

hevans

Quote from: Oldboy on March 23, 2011, 10:23:57 PM
Quote from: Graham on March 23, 2011, 09:09:55 PM

Nah! If you cook them with a bit of liver they go down a treat!  :2funny: :2funny:

They're also very good at taking the leak...

H.

Beryl

What made me feel god was a new pair of walking shoes  :dance:

My Web site

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.