• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krennon

WMMFGT coming joint third in the 2009-2010 Print competition at camera club got awarded a nice little certificate last night and a certificate of Merit for my shot of the burrowing owl (Hoo you looking at) which scored a 9/10 in the PDI comp last week....so feeling very chuffed and the fact that my photography is moving in the right direction...that and the new position is going well....if only the car had passed it's mot without a hitch life would've been rosey...(£162.00 later OUCH).....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Oldboy

Well done krennon.  :tup:

Shame about the MOT!  :'(

krennon

Thanks Oldboy, definately feel my photography is getting better and a lot of that has been down to this forum and the old DCM site as it used to be (don't go on photo radar at all now), and the camera club itself.

Anyone thinking of joining their local camera club, I can highly recommend it, I have not come across any of the dreaded "Camera snobbery" which seems to put a lot of people off joining. Clubs are always looking for new members and will welcome you with open arms, that has certainly been my experience anyway, and we make a point of saying welcome to new members...and most of them have joined again this year so we're hopefully doing something right..You should be able to find details of your local camera club online or from the library (for the younger generation libraries are biggish buildings with lots of books in them  ;)) Hunt it out, go along for a couple of weeks or to see what it's all about and if it's to your liking join up, I'm lucky I've got 3 clubs in close proximity I went along to 2 and decided to join Kingston which is apparently one of the oldest clubs in the country.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

spinner

Got my very first pension cheque today. Now I know I'm officially retired! Have to work out a budget of course see what needs cutting from our lives. I said hairdresser, wife said lenses. Hmmm some work to be done here.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Alfonso_Frisk

Similar situation as you Spin  :tup:
I have been on job search and notice  since March with full pay.
It ended yesterday, so I am now officially unemployed. Got the redundancy payment (along with 18k tax grrrr) and as I am now 50 I can claim my full works pension :tup: ;D.
To celebrate I bought myself a Bigma and it arrived this morning  :) so time to play :D
On the downside, just looked at the price for a UV or CP filter, omg, better do some grovelling if I want either of them :P

RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Jonathan

WMMFGT?  Well yesterday.

I was hanging out at the National Wedding Show.  I'm too cheap to pay 5 grand or so to exhibit but a magazine I know hired me to shoot the catwalk for them.

I was all set with 2 mins to go and a woman standing next to me said "oh, I recognise you".  This actually happens a lot as there are plenty of people in the industry I'm supposed to know but it's always hard to remember if you actually know somebody or have just seen their picture.  Anyway, as we tried to work out where we knew each other from I asked who she was.  "I'm x from y company".  Oh yeah, that's right, she's MD of one of the biggest bridal dress designers in the UK.  "You did those great underwater pictures of our dresses.....  We must talk."

Oh yeah.  Networking finally works.
It's Guest's round

ABERS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-11454894

.....it's true. One mention of Twitter and I feel sleepy immediately. :tup:

spinner

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on October 02, 2010, 10:46:03 AM

It ended yesterday, so I am now officially unemployed. Got the redundancy payment (along with 18k tax grrrr) and as I am now 50 I can claim my full works pension :tup: ;D.

I tried to go that route when I turned 50 but someone wouldn't go for it.  ::)Staying an extra 7 yr. did have it's pluses though. One of which is what made me feel good today. Just finished the 3rd annual show by the arts group we formed at work 4 yrs. ago (which I wouldn't have joined had I sold up and moved away as I wanted) .  Sold a few pieces, mostly to friends but got lots of nice complements from complete strangers!. ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on October 02, 2010, 06:56:04 PM
WMMFGT?  Well yesterday.

I was hanging out at the National Wedding Show.  I'm too cheap to pay 5 grand or so to exhibit but a magazine I know hired me to shoot the catwalk for them.

I was all set with 2 mins to go and a woman standing next to me said "oh, I recognise you".  This actually happens a lot as there are plenty of people in the industry I'm supposed to know but it's always hard to remember if you actually know somebody or have just seen their picture.  Anyway, as we tried to work out where we knew each other from I asked who she was.  "I'm x from y company".  Oh yeah, that's right, she's MD of one of the biggest bridal dress designers in the UK.  "You did those great underwater pictures of our dresses.....  We must talk."

Oh yeah.  Networking finally works.

Well done JR.  :tup:

You'll be getting too posh and well known to post on here!  :2funny: :legit:

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on October 02, 2010, 10:46:03 AM
Similar situation as you Spin  :tup:
I have been on job search and notice  since March with full pay.
To celebrate I bought myself a Bigma and it arrived this morning  :) so time to play :D
On the downside, just looked at the price for a UV or CP filter, omg, better do some grovelling if I want either of them :P

RR
Alf
You are going to love the Bigma, but wouldn't worry about a UV or CP filters. You can even use the Sigma 1.4 or 2x converters with it in manual mode only.  ;D

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on October 04, 2010, 12:32:37 PM
Staying an extra 7 yr. did have it's pluses though. One of which is what made me feel good today. Just finished the 3rd annual show by the arts group we formed at work 4 yrs. ago (which I wouldn't have joined had I sold up and moved away as I wanted) .  Sold a few pieces, mostly to friends but got lots of nice complements from complete strangers!. ;D

A silver lining then!  ;D

Well done on the sales and comments.  :tup:

rksmith51

WMMFGT, an email from Digital Camera Photographer of the Year telling me one of my images

"has attracted the interest of the pre-selection team. We'd now like to be able to see the high-res version before we start the shortlisting process."

Not shortlisted yet but boy did it make me feel good  ;D

Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

deetus

After what seems a lifetime searching for jobs in the engineering industry I've changed tack completely and am now a fully fledged driver for a private hire car firm. My boss (someone I've known for a few years) has just taken over an existing firm and asked me to drive for him. After going through the frustrating process of applying for a license (how are you supposed to deal with councils?  ::))I'm now on the road. Boy do I feel good.  8)

jinky

WMMFGT, an email from Digital Camera Photographer of the Year telling me one of my images

"has attracted the interest of the pre-selection team. We'd now like to be able to see the high-res version before we start the shortlisting process."

Not shortlisted yet but boy did it make me feel good  
Bob

Well done Bob and snap - I just got the same request for one of my Christmas snow sledging pictures. Don`t expect to get much further as the one they selected is the one that I only kept as a jpeg and to me is not the best of the bunch but makes you feel good to be a contender. What was your shot of? Mine is in the landscape section but has the twist of lots of people in it Lowry style.

Wonder how many they have "pre-selected"? Ah well whatever happens I cannot complain because pictures from that set effectively paid for my new PC and contributed to my D700 so anything more is a bonus.
Good luck Bob and well done  ;)

Hinfrance

Well done Bob, and Paul. I didn't get one this year  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.