• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 38
  • Total: 38
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oggalily

I think what she is trying to say - maybe not particularly elegantly - is that the media are feeding young girls an unrealistic body image to the extent that she is being labelled "fat", which she clearly isn't.  Of course she doesn't literally expect calling someone "fat" to be made illegal, she's just making a point.

Hinfrance

:uglystupid2: I'm a complete ijit sometimes. Yesterday I went out to take some pictures for this week's challenge. Then this morning I had to take some pictures to sort out a return on a mail order item that was broken. So I wiped the card . . . without saving the pictures first. Of course, the new lot have overwritten yesterday's efforts, so they're not recoverable. Doh!  :uglystupid2: Time for  :beer:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

oggalily

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 21, 2013, 03:32:17 PM
:uglystupid2: I'm a complete ijit sometimes. Yesterday I went out to take some pictures for this week's challenge. Then this morning I had to take some pictures to sort out a return on a mail order item that was broken. So I wiped the card . . . without saving the pictures first. Of course, the new lot have overwritten yesterday's efforts, so they're not recoverable. Doh!  :uglystupid2: Time for  :beer:

That's a shame.  Have you tried Recuva?  I've had pretty good results in the past.

Hinfrance

Thanks Ogga - I use Pandora recovery, but I'm afraid that I have thoroughly overwritten the original files. Never mind, I have a cunning back up plan!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

I've been looking at various tablets over the last few months or so and trying to decide which one to buy. Some of the ones I wanted to buy were temporary out of stock which seemed to last months? Decided to hang on for the sales before making a final choice. Went into Tesco's biggest store in Europe and plumped for the Samsung Galaxy tab 3, as it had been reduced in price by 25%. Had to que for ten minutes to be served before been informed it wasn't in stock. The special offer ended that day!  >:( Went in this dinner time and the price had been increased back to £199.99. Asked if they had it in stock but they said no. If it had been in stock there would have been world war three.  :(

Popped into PC World/Curry's in Birmingham late after noon. Looked at a few tablets before selecting a HP slate but it appears they haven't got one in stock. Picked another one and that wasn't in stock either.  >:(

Went over to Argos and pick a HP slate but that wasn't in stock. Saw theyhad a special off on one for £99 so picked that, Can you believe it, that wasn't in stock either!!!! After asking what was the point of having special offers if you hadn't got any in stock, in a rather loud voice, I stormed out.  >:( >:( >:(

It appears that most companies only want to sell you stuff you don't want and not what you want to buy. I bet I could have brought a thousand bloody Ipads at each shop, as there is more profit on them than the other tablets is my guess. Customer service, which is very important to them, is claptrap to keep us in our place.  >:( >:( >:(

This problem also applies to the local supermarkets which don't appear to be supermarkets at all. Many times I've seen special offers but then find they have no stock. That seems like a good marketing ploy! Then there is the outright scam of a product priced at £2 or special offer buy two for £5. Or the lastest one which shows a special price ticket on the shelf of £1.80 but when it goes through the till it's £2. I spotted this one a few weeks ago and informed a member of staff. Three days later it was still on the shelf so told another member of staff who removed the ticket with the wrong price. Three weeks later a new ticket appeared with the price of £1.80 but the till price was still £2.  >:( >:( >:(

I think I need to go and lay down in a darken room!!!!!!  :uglystupid2: :doh:

Hinfrance

My last tablet, a really cheap one, lasted about two years before the battery gave up. It tended to monopolise my time with internet trivia, time I now use reading books instead. I have decided that I shall probably not buy a new one as to get something reasonable I would be looking at an Xperia or Galaxy. For the same money I can get a half decent lap top which is an order of magnitude more useful. But not as much fun as another new guitar :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Reinardina

Just now, my Windows calendar threw up six new birthdays. All on January 1st. Totally random. Some names that are on my calendar, and one 1000.000's birthday.

Has anyone had this too? Is it a virus, a glitz, a bug? Or is my software playing tricks again?

Going to have a scan now, while I have lunch.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Reinardina, Jan has had 2 random birthday reminders today but birth dates are July and December so not sure what that is all about.

Presuming it is not a bug? who knows these days?

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

Quote from: kerbside on December 31, 2013, 12:43:49 PM
Reinardina, Jan has had 2 random birthday reminders today but birth dates are July and December so not sure what that is all about.

Reminded me a bit of the so called millennium bug, that was supposed to strike on the first of January 2000, but never materialised.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

hevans

Quote from: Reinardina on December 31, 2013, 01:21:46 PM
Quote from: kerbside on December 31, 2013, 12:43:49 PM

Reminded me a bit of the so called millennium bug, that was supposed to strike on the first of January 2000, but never materialised.

Well.  These IT projects are usually delayed in delivery. Could be the y2k bug, just late.

Hinfrance

Something from the genus vespa that was hiding inside the gardening glove I donned this afternoon. It stung me twice on the side of my hand. I am allergic (type 2, I won't die), so I have a week of pain and a hand like a balloon to look forward to. What joy!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 06, 2014, 02:31:08 PM
Something from the genus vespa that was hiding inside the gardening glove I donned this afternoon. It stung me twice on the side of my hand. I am allergic (type 2, I won't die), so I have a week of pain and a hand like a balloon to look forward to. What joy!

I bet you will whack your gloves before you put them on next time - hope it is not too bad Howard
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

donoreo

It is Monday.  Is that not enough?  Well, kids back to school so more difficult this morning to get ready.  Also we got snow/freezing rain/rain/snow overnight in that order as it warmed up to +2C then cooled to -6C and tonight will go to -25C ( but will only feel like -40C with the wind).  Shovelling the snow this morning was very heavy, it was still wet and sloppy at 6AM and it was -6C when I left at 8 so it was all frozen then. 

My arms and shoulders are very tired from shovelling. 

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 06, 2014, 02:31:08 PM

So. You have a swollen hand...Has that new bass turned up yet?  :legit:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

NO! Not the best timing is it?  >:(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.