• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
  • Baidu (2)
photobox
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

Sony NEX 5

Started by Bigbill, October 03, 2010, 08:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbill

Hewwo from soggy Sheffy.

I,m thinking of getting Leggy Liz the above mentioned for christmas,,,anyone got any info experience ??

Or should it be the Lumix G2 ??

Shine On

Malcolm1938

Looking at the 2 lens deals on the Samsung NX10 make it well worth consideration.
You can also still find great deals on the Panny G1 (Park Cameras) and I know a couple of users who are both well pleased with it.

Malcolm
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

krennon

No exp of it myself but up in London the other week I saw an awful lot of NEX 5 users, (guess 'cos I'm an alpha user I noticed the Sony badging) There is an adaptor for A mount lenses so they can be used on the Nex models not sure how compatible they'd be with Minolta A mount lenses though I reckon they'd work but won't swear to it however somebody at www.alphamountworld.com will be able to answer that one.

Any chance of getting "Leggy Liz" into a shop to try the various options? I know it's an Xmas pressy but as we always say to posters who say "what camera should I buy" it needs to feel right in the hand as much as anything else...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Bigbill

Hewwo from Warm and Breezey Sheffy,,,

Thanks for the input you Two,,,,maybe i,ll just get her a set of pans !!

Shine On

Carlj

Set of pans always go down well, I find....

Nex E to A mount adaptor works fine, though AF won't happen till the firmware update is announced, and then, I believe, with SSM/SAM lenses. Body felt good and sturdy when I had a play. Also may be worth noting that due to the mount size, adaptors for every conceivable mount are starting to appear. And as full aps-c, low noise and less depth of field due to sensor size may appeal too!

But also look at the A33 - compact for a dslr, and AP really loved using it according to the review!
Carl

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.