• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 92
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 98
  • Total: 98
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

As most of the crime in an area tends to be caused by the same small part of the population the obvious answer would be to make the initital sentences much longer - thus cutting down on further crime and saving the money of police enquiries and court cases for the same. Simple :D

Simple

I think they should give them 3 months army training and send them off to Afghanistan. Withour pay ofcourse. I am sure they can find plenty of things to do for them over there ::)

spinner

Quote from: ABERS on October 06, 2009, 07:41:34 AM
Is it at all worth the bother? ::)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8291330.stm

I believe the Chinese have an effective and inexpensive solution to both the rehabilitation and overcrowding issue. It's called a bullet, the expense of which, they bill back to the offenders family.
I understand it reduces the rate of recidivism to zero. Maybe there is something to celebrate about 60 years of communism?

Don't know if it ever existed there, but when I was a young man, strokes with a birch branch was still a legal sentence for certain crime. But, we're enlightened now.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

magicrhodes

Quote from: greypoint on October 06, 2009, 08:57:31 AM
As most of the crime in an area tends to be caused by the same small part of the population the obvious answer would be to make the initital sentences much longer - thus cutting down on further crime and saving the money of police enquiries and court cases for the same. Simple :D

I used to work in car park management and we would have no break-ins until a known celebrity was released. Then a spate, then they were locked up and no more break-ins....

I can't agree with the bullet but I do believe prison should be 40% Education 30% Hard & soul destroying labour and 30% sleep -Nothing else

greypoint

I work in a garage. A few years ago there was a big problem locally with car theft - cars on the whole were easier to steal then I suppose. The main culprit was a young lad too young for a licence. At one point he managed to steal one of our cars. The police kept catching him - the magistrates at first slapped his wrist - then he was sent to some kind of secure accomodation for short periods. While he was away there was very little car theft - when he was out it rocketed. At one point when they were trying to rehabilitate him he came to our garage to do some work experience - lasted about 3 hours. Goodness knows how many times he was caught - he just kept doing it. Anyone can make one mistake. You might give them the benefit twice. But after that surely it's time to get them out of the cycle of re-offending by taking them away from such temptations and doing some serious education and rehabilitation and not just for a few weeks. I'm not a hang and flog merchant but I do think the rights of the law abiding who want to get on with their lives are more important than the rights of some little scrote who knows they can get away with it every time.

Hinfrance

Well, if sentences of less than one year are a waste of time what's wrong with minimum sentences of at least one year?

I have a friend, now retired, who was plod. On his patch there was one family that was responsible of almost 80% of all the reported robberies, car thefts, and drug dealing. Once they managed to lock two of the brothers up on remand for a whole two weeks before their lawyers got them off. He said it was the quietest two weeks of his time there. As soon as they were out, off the went again . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

happypaddler

Virgin media - Grr! Were supposed to be on this new fangled 10 Mbs fibre optic thing - for the past 4 or so days I've been averaging less than 2Mbs - I feel like I may as well be on dial up again!

wendoureecat

On the topic of crime we have a fairly strong police force who do their best to capture and lock up these hooligans.......unfortunately all our magistrates have taken lessons in the 'nanny' state and put these drug dealers/theifs/vandals/gbh offenders back on the street with a slap on the wrist and a lolly pop. I am actually feeling sorry for our police who chase down these criminals at the risk of their own life and have the justice system just let them back onto the streets to do exactly the same thing a day later. I cannot open the papers here with each day giving accounts of crime......its depressing and its almost starting to liken to living in a war zone here. I will not walk the streets at night anymore without my husband its gotten that bad.

Think I will retire to an island and become a hermit with a big walking stick to hit people when they dare to arrive for a visit  ;D

CML-1591

Girlfriend, well ex now, broke up with me again,

=(
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Graham

Quote from: CML-1591 on October 10, 2009, 12:48:43 PM

=(

Time to move on then matey.
                        Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

CML-1591

Quote from: Graham on October 10, 2009, 01:00:53 PM

=(

*sighs* suppose, didn't want to though
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Graham

Quote from: CML-1591 on October 10, 2009, 04:54:17 PM
Quote from: Graham on October 10, 2009, 01:00:53 PM

=(

*sighs* suppose, didn't want to though

I'm afraid that's the way it goes.
                     Graham.  >:(
  Women eh! you can't live with 'em...You can't live with 'em!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Forseti

:2funny: :2funny: Would you care to read through that again - carefully?  :2funny:

Really getting to like this site  :tup: and especially like the text next to my Avatar which says 'send money to Forseti'. What a super idea  :tup:. When do I expect the first installment and from whom exactly?
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Hinfrance

When you find out about the cash, be sure to let the rest of us know.  :D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

oRGie

Quote from: Forseti on October 10, 2009, 09:08:30 PM
:2funny: :2funny: Would you care to read through that again - carefully?  :2funny:

Really getting to like this site  :tup: and especially like the text next to my Avatar which says 'send money to Forseti'. What a super idea  :tup:. When do I expect the first installment and from whom exactly?

;)   :beer:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.