• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 82
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 70
  • Total: 70
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: jinky on December 05, 2012, 08:14:41 PM
Quote from: ABERS on December 05, 2012, 06:26:21 PM
Were there any questions about your intentions to open either a newsagents or a chemist whilst you were there?

No but I think they didn`t like that I was going to start up a taxi service with my bike and an old cart.

I`m aiming to have a good time H - though we seem to be getting different advice to two other people I know who are travelling to India and getting way more jabs than we are. Might yet get on our tour of France in May so keep the front door bolted. ;)

The taxi service in India is pretty vibrant  :2funny: The stench in some of the open markets may literally catch your throat but there is always plenty of colour  :tup:  Jab wise from memory Cholera and Malaria  :-\  -  Kingfisher :beer: can be very good, as well as a bit of salt to assist dehydration  :beer:  And a good tot of a Malt (duty free on the flight in) put in your water bottle avoids the fowl taste of purifying tabs and works very well toward escaping any Delhi Belly  :tup:  Certainly a trip you are unlikely to forget -  :D

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Front door is pretty much always open, Paul :)

I can imagine that India will be excitingly alien, so fingers crossed that your visa comes through, or are you going to send Mrs D off on her own?.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Quote from: beauxreflets on December 05, 2012, 08:45:36 PM
Were there any questions about your intentions to open either a newsagents or a chemist whilst you were there?

No but I think they didn`t like that I was going to start up a taxi service with my bike and an old cart.

I`m aiming to have a good time H - though we seem to be getting different advice to two other people I know who are travelling to India and getting way more jabs than we are. Might yet get on our tour of France in May so keep the front door bolted. ;)

The taxi service in India is pretty vibrant  :2funny: The stench in some of the open markets may literally catch your throat but there is always plenty of colour  :tup:  Jab wise from memory Cholera and Malaria  :-\  -  Kingfisher :beer: can be very good, as well as a bit of salt to assist dehydration  :beer:  And a good tot of a Malt (duty free on the flight in) put in your water bottle avoids the fowl taste of purifying tabs and works very well toward escaping any Delhi Belly  :tup:  Certainly a trip you are unlikely to forget -  :D

Just Hepatitis and tetanus boosters is the order of the day for the parts we are going. At the moment you don`t even need malaria tablets - just preventative spray though I might get some anyway. Found out that the issue was my employment status. having initially put retired I was told I needed to put part time jobs in and thus photographer as I declare for tax purposes etc. Seems like that it what made them wary of purpose of my trip and why Mrs D is already approved whilst I await clearance. I`ll not send her alone though H as she`ll miss me too much  :D

jinky

Did a shoot for the Leeds City Council ALMOs ( Arms Length Management Organisations) created to keep public housing in the public sector a few years back. Fun  using a floor map of Leeds in Leeds Museum. Amidst public sector cuts most of the colleagues in that section I worked with in my old job have now gone. Those there this morning talked endlessly about what new jobs they hoped to be doing when made redundant through coming cuts. Now that angered me but not as much as two of them saying they had just bought DSLRs with kit lenses and wanting to set up as photographers soon.One was even saying to the marketing guy he could book him cheaper next time in front of me. Made me come out with some bitchy comments about getting what you pay for and it taking more than a camera and a kit lens to make a photographer. Vowed I`d never take the snooty high ground in such situations but the guy was such a slimeball >:(

donoreo

Woke up with a sinus headache.  Since I have the day to myself and wanted to do stuff I said no fooling around and took a Tylenol 3 (the type with codeine).  It still hurts.  I have used spray decongestant too, that usually helps, but not today.   

spinner

Quote from: beauxreflets on December 05, 2012, 08:45:36 PM

If I want a taste of India, I just go down to Little India in Toronto's east end. Safer. In summer of course.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Matthew

Travelling to a meeting 130 miles away........4 miles from destination whilst driving along a country road, go over the top of a plastic crate in the road. Car seemed fine, until I stopped in the carpark, switched off engine. Looked back to see a diesel trail behind me. Then looked under car to suddenly see a near full tank empty in 2 minutes. After said meeting, was in a tow truck for the whole 130 miles back up to a garage in Inverness......finally back home at the farm......loads of snow falling.... >:(
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

skellum

I have  decided to leave the site for now  :-   Mainly  because I no longer can dedicate enough time to it,   So moderators job up for grabs .   I have tried over the years to inject some spark but  to no avail so time to move on.

The site for me seems to be more involved in Chit Chat more than what I tried to get going with help from Mick a few years ago, which I thought was a general photography forum. Nothing wrong with Chit Chat but I thought this site, as friendly as it is, would have been more of help to anyone involved in photography at any level but was afraid to ask. 

The most annoying thing to me has been someone submitting a picture and not declaring the extif data which I thought would of been very helpful to a novice or anyone else for that matter, to see how such is a picture has been achieved. For me I love looking at other photographers pictures especially landscapes. To me photography is not a qualification achieved in the modern Uni or College its a never ending learning experience.

As the membership has grown there still seems to be only about  6 to 10 members at any given time who are on the site which often changes.

Glad to see the weekly comp is still going strong.  Not so pleased that nobody seems to be interested in IOTW which I thought was a flag ship picture for any stranger visiting the site, but as I write it has been the same but worthy picture by Karen for months. Also it seems this is only visible if you log in.

Anyway I will look in now and again.   Good luck and Happy New Year to you all   :Tupi:  :beer: :beer:

Regards, Dave

Mick

Hi Dave, I'm really sad to hear you're leaving us.

I know it can be frustrating at times, and to be honest with all the time and effort I put in over the years trying to build the member count up, and failing miserably, I sometimes feel like throwing the towel in.  (that said, I'm not going to let it beat me yet).  Any Way, I do hope you stay in touch please, and look in occasionally even if you don't post.  Let's hope it's not permanent.

The IOTW situation, well that's something I posted about in the admin boards, http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=3046.0

and asked the mod team to test the IOTW submit form.  I Know Howard tried it, ad it worked for him, and Alf tested it as well hence the IOTW image you are seeing now. (This was left over from the last test, and isn't live to the public, only the team).  The idea was to get the team more involved and able to handle the IOTW instead of me.

Also you mentioned a mod position up for grabs. For now I'll leave you as part of the team, but I was thinking of recruiting one or two new mods anyway in the hope they could bring some new ideas to the table.

Like I said, stay in touch mate.

Rgrds

Mick

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Beaux Reflets

I will certainly miss seeing your inspiring shots Dave and hope you are tempted to stay.

I miss the IOTW - and happy to put a little more time in when I can.  What does moderating involve?

Oldboy

Quote from: beauxreflets on December 14, 2012, 10:15:08 AM
What does moderating involve?

Taking people round the back of the shed and giving them a good biffing if they upset members.  :P :doh:

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Oldboy on December 14, 2012, 11:26:38 AM
Quote from: beauxreflets on December 14, 2012, 10:15:08 AM
What does moderating involve?

Taking people round the back of the shed and giving them a good biffing if they upset members.  :P :doh:

:2funny: I'm a pacifist  :knuppel2:  :2funny: but happy to be of service if folk on here would like  :-\

Hinfrance

Sorry to hear of your decision Dave, you've always been a great help to me when I needed it - I'll miss your wisdom and experience, so do keep popping back from time to time for a look to see what we're up to.

Meanwhile, back to the IOTW; I hadn't realised that it was not visible to the public. It's about time we reinstated it IMHO, so over to you Mick to get the IOTW showing again on the front page - pretty please.

Maybe chose something uploaded in the past month?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beryl

The weather..........Its pouring with rain and blowing a Hooley
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Beryl on December 14, 2012, 01:12:39 PM
The weather..........Its pouring with rain and blowing a Hooley

Pretty much the same here and not pleasant for going out with a camera  :(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.