• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 114
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 92
  • Total: 92
Wish
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: beauxreflets on June 22, 2012, 07:11:41 PM
Quote from: jinky on June 22, 2012, 03:36:10 PM
Tell me about it! I was driving home from Newcastle for the weekend and it was pouring down / flooding the road . Even worse a couple of clowns in a 4x4 started tailgating and flashing me as I overtook in outside lane of 2. Moved i when I could to abuse and they then  kept slowing down/ blocking me and other people and generally showing off for next 20 miles - quite scary at times as they cut up and braked hard in front of a number of people. People getting pretty annoyed but no Police around unfortunately. I stopped for a break to get out of it all. Some idiots around

Having a camera to hand was handy the other day when a youngster was hunting our tailgate, as it gave him second thoughts when he followed us into a carpark, although I did not need to press the shutter, and I was pleased to see the law was not far away  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

donoreo

I had time.  The sky was finally clear and blue and not hazy.  I went to photograph a pedestrian bridge on the waterfront.   I have wanted to do this for a long time.  I get there and the car parks are being rebuilt.  Actually, they are done, lines painted and everything.  They are still blocked off.  The next one about 1 km away is overflowing.  So is the next one and the next one.  No where to park within several kilometres.

spinner

Went out to the Royal Botanical Gardens here. Heat and humidity had broken but it was sunny and warm. Got some nice photos, but I wore the wrong sandals. Ended up with blisters on both my feet, so's I couldn't walk properly by the end. Still can't. Despite a hat I seem to have suffered minor heat stroke as I ended up sleeping all the next day well into the evening. My wife said I looked like death warmed over. I must have looked bad as she left me alone to sleep away her day off.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Heat stroke......Haven't taken off the winter woolies yet!!!!  :'( :'(

SimonW

Me neither. Was thinking of posting a summer theme for the next weekly comp but decided there was no sign that summer might happen in time.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on June 24, 2012, 08:59:59 AM
Heat stroke......Haven't taken off the winter woolies yet!!!!  :'( :'(

It was practically tropical here all week. Hot Humid sweltering. Friday was cool by comparison, which I guess is where I went wrong. It was still in the high 70's F and sunny. Very sunny.
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

Went to Earlswood today, so whilst in town popped into Jessops and asked if they had a D800 in stock. "Yes", said the sales assistant who went off to get it so I could have a look before buying. The sales assistant returned and said "Sorry, we have two instock but you can't look at it!" Me thinks it sounds like a pig in a poke? So it appears you can buy it and pay the price before they give you a black bag with the camera inside and tell you not to open it until you get home. When you get home and look in the bag it's a house brick!!!!!  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:  :doh:

spinner

So you offer to pay for it with an envelope full of cash, but they can't open it until you've left the store.  :dance:
Ol' blue eyes

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on June 25, 2012, 08:14:22 PM
So you offer to pay for it with an envelope full of cash, but they can't open it until you've left the store.  :dance:

Good thinking! Sounds a good plan.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:  :tup:

donoreo

They do not want an open box model as someone will want a discount.  Once stock levels get up it will not be a problem. 

Jonathan

Quote from: Oldboy on June 25, 2012, 07:24:54 PM
Went to Earlswood today, so whilst in town popped into Jessops and asked if they had a D800 in stock. "Yes", said the sales assistant who went off to get it so I could have a look before buying. The sales assistant returned and said "Sorry, we have two instock but you can't look at it!" Me thinks it sounds like a pig in a poke? So it appears you can buy it and pay the price before they give you a black bag with the camera inside and tell you not to open it until you get home. When you get home and look in the bag it's a house brick!!!!!  :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:  :doh:

Dunno - you're pretty fond of quoting the Sale of Goods Act.  They break the seal, it's no longer new.  That could cost them 15 - 20% of the price right there if you didn't buy it.  Markup on a DSLR is about 8.

A D800 looks pretty much like a D800.  Why do you want to open the box?
It's Guest's round

donoreo

Quote from: Jonathan on June 26, 2012, 08:05:24 AM

Dunno - you're pretty fond of quoting the Sale of Goods Act.  They break the seal, it's no longer new.  That could cost them 15 - 20% of the price right there if you didn't buy it.  Markup on a DSLR is about 8.

I would want to hold it.  I would never buy a camera that I did not touch. 

Oldboy

Quote from: Jonathan on June 26, 2012, 08:05:24 AM

Didn't apply to the D200 I brought from Jacobs, which was used as a demo model, hence why all the setting had been buggered and still had to pay top dollar!  :'(

I don't like buying something I can't see.  :o

jinky

Attempt 13 by Go Ballooning`s reckoning and 15 by mine cancelled today. Not much breeze at ground level so can only guess they are speaking the truth when they say it is blustery 1000 feet up  >:(
That`s 2 years next week that I have been trying to fly. Found that there are only 3 planned flights this season in Leeds / York area so expecting problems in booking and keeping voucher open so another argument in store! Would comment on their facebook page but seems they have blocked me after last time - still they have not blocked my wife yet  ;)

Oldboy

Quote from: jinky on June 26, 2012, 09:11:29 PM
Attempt 13 by Go Ballooning`s reckoning and 15 by mine cancelled today. Not much breeze at ground level so can only guess they are speaking the truth when they say it is blustery 1000 feet up  >:(
That`s 2 years next week that I have been trying to fly. Found that there are only 3 planned flights this season in Leeds / York area so expecting problems in booking and keeping voucher open so another argument in store! Would comment on their facebook page but seems they have blocked me after last time - still they have not blocked my wife yet  ;)

By the time you get the chance to fly you won't be able to climb into the basket!  :doh:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.