• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 93
  • Total: 93
Wish
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 16, 2012, 03:31:30 PM

WAMT: Looks like my first line of defence is seriously flawed - rethink required (read the abstract)   :legit:

MIT....we are not worthy.  :dance:

donoreo

My daughters.  At 12:30, 1:30, and 3:30.   We painted their room at the lake so they slept upstairs.  It was hot, they did not like the bed. Good thing it is a long weekend here (Victoria Day, also the Queen's official birthday in Canada).

spinner

Quote from: beauxreflets on May 14, 2012, 08:19:55 PM
Quote from: Hinfrance on May 14, 2012, 06:54:50 PM
I'm thinking more goat . . . at least we could eat it if it stops mowing the grass.

Mind you, they do eat everything and can whiff a bit. ::)

:D Too late, Mrs H has already pointed out that I have just described myself :dance:

Our goats eat nettles and weeds - and our ponies are best for lawn mowing - good dung for the roses too  :tup:

Horse mowing seemed to be the method of choice in Grand Turks when I visited last fall. The down side is....well you know, big, brown, smelly.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Reinardina

We grow wild flowers in tubs on our terrace, to get a bit of 'country' within reach. They're mainly cornflowers and poppies. Great for insects and some birds. This morning I discovered some different poppies, but I can't photograph them properly, as it is too windy!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Graham

Quote from: Reinardina on May 31, 2012, 11:41:25 AM
This morning I discovered some different poppies, but I can't photograph them properly, as it is too windy!

I have a solution but please be aware that it involves scissors and a small vase.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Quote from: Graham on May 31, 2012, 05:21:19 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on May 31, 2012, 11:41:25 AM
This morning I discovered some different poppies, but I can't photograph them properly, as it is too windy!

I have a solution but please be aware that it involves scissors and a small vase.

I considered that, but poppies are no good as 'cut flowers,' and we have them mainly for us to look at, and for the bees to enjoy. I just hope they continue to flower till we get another still day. Sometimes a bit difficult, as it is an exposed fourth floor terrace, and when it is calm at groundfloor level, it can blow a gale up here.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

Got my lawn tractor back from the shop late yesterday, £100+ for a new coil assembly.

Went to mow the lawn this morning; it ran like a dream for half an hour, then the motor started hunting and the power dropped away to just about nothing. Which is exactly what it did just before it packed up completely the last time . . .

Now I have to beg my neighbour to take it back to the shop again on his trailer. He's going to get really fed up with me pretty soon  :(

On the plus side the 20 year old 14" Flymo pressed into service to finish the lawn ran superbly. I just don't like having to push it around H acres  :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 02, 2012, 10:27:29 AM
Got my lawn tractor back from the shop late yesterday, £100+ for a new coil assembly.

Went to mow the lawn this morning; it ran like a dream for half an hour, then the motor started hunting and the power dropped away to just about nothing. Which is exactly what it did just before it packed up completely the last time . . .

Now I have to beg my neighbour to take it back to the shop again on his trailer. He's going to get really fed up with me pretty soon  :(

On the plus side the 20 year old 14" Flymo pressed into service to finish the lawn ran superbly. I just don't like having to push it around H acres  :)

My strimmer played up last year and it was a clear looking gel in the petrol filter that everyone missed!! Just a possible idea, although I know nothing about lawn mowers that are not on four legs  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Interesting thought Andy.

Alas in the past few months we have had:
1. a new fuel filter
2, a new battery
3, new coil and igniter
4. new spark plugs
5. new drive belt
6. almost too much of my patience, which is now wearing pretty thin  :knuppel2:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Graham

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 02, 2012, 01:06:34 PM
Interesting thought Andy.

Alas in the past few months we have had:
1. a new fuel filter
2, a new battery
3, new coil and igniter
4. new spark plugs
5. new drive belt
6. almost too much of my patience, which is now wearing pretty thin  :knuppel2:

Have you considerd a goat? They fertilize your land, keep the grass in check, give you unconditional love and when you get bored, you can kill and eat them!
Trust me, you can't go wrong!
                    Graham.  :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Gaelldew

This p------ on DCM who stated,
"quote "Camera Craniums??? u takin the michael? thought i'd visit the site after u discribed it as "Camera Craniums a more rewarding site"??

all i see is a site full of adverts!! clutter everywhere! Unquote"

I know I haven't been around much after my op but he annoyed me.
People have photographic memories, its just that they forget to put the memory card in.

Graham

Quote from: Gaelldew on June 02, 2012, 01:51:50 PM
"quote "Camera Craniums??? u takin the michael? thought i'd visit the site after u discribed it as "Camera Craniums a more rewarding site"??

Who was it said "Every site gets the members it deserves"?....Oh yes, me, just.
  It seems that in DCM, he has found the site for him. I hope they are both happy in each other's company.
                 Graham. :)

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Mick

I was so tempted to reply, but managed to control myself (this time).  lol..  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Graham

Quote from: admin on June 02, 2012, 02:45:41 PM

I was so tempted to reply, but managed to control myself (this time).  lol..  ;)

Mick. Ever heard of "Baseball Bat Diplomacy"? I highly recomend it.
                       Graham.  :knuppel2:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Hinfrance

Each to his own. DCM's site is mostly blank black space. Says it all really.

Re the goat - yep has crossed my mind but as the beggars eat everything, not just the grass, I expect it would be goat curry by the end of the first week.

Went to the mower mechanic - he reckons it is just fuel starvation (I agree with him - how gullible am I?), so it looks like I'll be shelling out for a new fuel pump any day now. Still cheaper than a) a goat  and b) a new mower.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.