• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 79
  • Total: 79
  • Google
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarasocke

I took the PC into a PC shop to have it installed. I don't know if the hard drive was reformatted - I do know that he copied everything before installed W7. I doubt he still has it though.
Where would if find it if it's still there Oldboy?
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Oldboy

Quote from: Sarasocke on February 10, 2012, 07:50:23 AM
I took the PC into a PC shop to have it installed. I don't know if the hard drive was reformatted - I do know that he copied everything before installed W7. I doubt he still has it though.
Where would if find it if it's still there Oldboy?

Sounds like he did a clean install, but if he did a full system backup then this should include the regisrty file. If he still has the backup ask him to extract the registry number for Nikon Capture from it. If you have the original disk then Nikon should be able to change it for you.  ;D

Hinfrance

Ah well, I suppose with more than a week of sub zero temperatures something was bound to give. And -17C yesterday is the coldest temperature we have seen here since arriving some ten years ago.

In our case it is the pressure overflow pipe for the boiler, it's split just inside the basement and left a small flood. Shouldn't be too difficult to fix when the thaw eventually arrives  ::)

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

I appear to have caught a cold while visiting family up in Ottawa last weekend. The three of them were all sick, so not surprised.  :'( :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

I really hope bad things only come in 3's. I've caught this cold, my homebrew Linux server crashed and had to be rebuilt and finally my Media PC bit the dust when the PSU blew. Took the PSU appart to reclaim the 120 mm fan and discovered that said fan had been the issue. One of it's blades had snapped off, jamming the fan and causing the PSU to overheat.  :o :'(
Ol' blue eyes

Soodge

Rude people on the tube.

No.....hang on......that's every day!!
Great photography is about depth of feeling.......not depth of field! [Peter Adams]

www.sjlphotography.co.uk - it's a work in progress!

ABERS

I don't mind teenagers being encouraged to look for work or getting work experience by those that have experienced it themselves, but my hackles rise somewhat when they are lectured to by someone who has 'made it' by allegedgedly starting at the bottom.

Dad, can I get some work experience in your retaurant  The Waterside Inn at Bray or perhaps Uncle Albert will take me on at The Gavroche up in town?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17153174

It's a bit like the Easyjet bloke whose dad lent him £40million to get the airline off the ground. ::)

Still it was ever thus.

bones615

Had the week off to redo the kitchen, I've done loads but looks like nothing. suppose the prep is the hard bit, 6 12hr days of physical labour is taking it out of me. Wiring, plumbing, plastering, painting, removing the ceramic tiles and a day on the SDS gun getting the old adhesive off, ready to lay the the floor tomorrow so hopefully the beginning of the end. Be nice to get back to work for a rest!

spinner

Still suffering the dregs of that cold. That's not why I'm posting though. Was sunny and warm today so I decided time to get out and get some fresh air. Now I've been driving a stretch of country road, two or 3 times a month for the past year. On this stretch I'm bound to spot a few hawks sitting either in some short trees or fence posts. Of course never had the camera with me, today I deliberately go with camera in hand. Can I spot a bird, let alone one of the hawks? Not likely.  :'(
Ol' blue eyes

Markulous

The following day and I'm still really annoyed:
Pedigree Dogs Exposed: Three Years On  on TV last night. It may be 3 years on but it's obvious the Kennel Club have learned nothing - aided by Crufts. Between them they continue to destroy dog breeds (I know it's the breed clubs who are really doing the damage but KC and Crufts are doing absolutely nothing!)  :knuppel2:
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

ABERS

Quote from: Markulous on February 28, 2012, 07:04:37 AM
The following day and I'm still really annoyed:
Pedigree Dogs Exposed: Three Years On  on TV last night. It may be 3 years on but it's obvious the Kennel Club have learned nothing - aided by Crufts. Between them they continue to destroy dog breeds (I know it's the breed clubs who are really doing the damage but KC and Crufts are doing absolutely nothing!)  :knuppel2:

I know exactly how you feel, I get equally annoyed when I see pictures of malnourished babies in the Horn of Africa, or closer to home the burgeoning unemployment figures for the 16-21 year olds. >:(

greypoint

This programme was better than the first because it concentrated more on fact than sensationalism. The problem is that, in the eyes of the general public, all breeders and breeds are likely to be tarred with the same brush.
I'm no apologist for the KC as there's still lots to change about it to drag it into the 21stc but in fact it's the only organisation which is doing anything. Millions are being poured into research, health tests and on line programmes to try to tackle problems [by the way Crufts is nothing to do with anything it's simply another dog show which just happens to be the best known]. Unfortunately in the more popular breeds which are the favourites of the backyard breeders, health tests tend to be ignored. There's more than one line to this - firstly we have the breeds which have undesirable features bred to excess - I would shed no tears if these suddenly became infertile and disappeared completely. Secondly there are those which have inherited faults - this is where health testing comes in and  this should be rigorously enforced [one side effect of this would be even more puppy farmed dogs as it is expensive to do]. Thirdly we have the small gene pool -  again, in most cases this can be addressed by imports or an outcross. By co-incidence I had a long chat on Sunday with the owner of one of the Dalmatians produced by the imported dog.
In general the dogs with real health problems due to exaggeration are those with no working function. The breed standard for my own breed was drawn up in the 19c to produce a dog that could go all day on the moors - the dogs of today are certainly more stylish but retain that ability - and have no more health issues than the average crossbreed. When you become involved in the world of pedigree dogs you soon realise that big differences between the owners and breeders of the various breeds. Sadly the publicity engendered by this programme will drive even more breeding of designer crossbreeds at inflated prices - often the most unsuitable crosses [Border Collie/Malamute anyone??] It's estimated that around 2% of the pedigree dog population have anything to do with the show ring - there's an awful lot of dogs out there the KC will never reach whatever they do.

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on February 28, 2012, 03:45:36 AM
Still suffering the dregs of that cold. That's not why I'm posting though. Was sunny and warm today so I decided time to get out and get some fresh air. Now I've been driving a stretch of country road, two or 3 times a month for the past year. On this stretch I'm bound to spot a few hawks sitting either in some short trees or fence posts. Of course never had the camera with me, today I deliberately go with camera in hand. Can I spot a bird, let alone one of the hawks? Not likely.  :'(

That's par for the course.  :doh:

johnnyb

........reading today that failed asylum seekers (illegal immigrants!), students et al who have HIV can be treated free of charge in this country by the NHS at a time when the NHS appears to be in meltdown and citizens of this country are not able to get the drugs, treatment etc for their own ailments despite having paid into the system for years!!!!!!!!!!  You couldn't make it up!!  Over and out.

spinner

Quote from: johnnyb on February 28, 2012, 10:21:33 AM
........reading today that failed asylum seekers (illegal immigrants!), students et al who have HIV can be treated free of charge in this country by the NHS at a time when the NHS appears to be in meltdown and citizens of this country are not able to get the drugs, treatment etc for their own ailments despite having paid into the system for years!!!!!!!!!!  You couldn't make it up!!  Over and out.

Reminds me of a joke my older brother sent me. Bit racist but along similar lines.  8)
Ol' blue eyes

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.