• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 82
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 93
  • Total: 93
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greypoint

Heavy and persistent rain - saturday morning and a kennel full of dogs to exercise - probability of volunteer walkers turning up to help...remote  :'( :'(  :( probability of potential new owners turning up...even more remote  :'(

Paul Montgomery

Being signed off sick for 6 weeks and not being able to operate a camera  :-[

krennon

Sorry to hear that Paul hope you get better sooner rather than later maybe some macro shots on a tripod???? guessing you can't hold the camera at the moment....
WAMT trivial very very trivial compared to what is happening to others but just realised that my wife has gone off with my house keys this morning and my neighbours who have a spare set aren't in at the moment so I am stuck in the house....which means I will have to get on with housework...oh well....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Paul Montgomery

Thanks - an accident at work that could have been a LOT worse. Tripod is an option, but it would have to be pretty much static in one place so I'd run out of subjects very soon.

Oldboy

Quote from: Paul Montgomery on July 18, 2011, 05:06:21 PM
Thanks - an accident at work that could have been a LOT worse. Tripod is an option, but it would have to be pretty much static in one place so I'd run out of subjects very soon.

Sorry to hear about your accident at work.  :'(

Next time, get someone to help you lift your wage packet!  :2funny:

Oldboy

Had a stretch the other day and hurt my back. It didn't stop me going out to Sutton Park today, and whilst looking around I found £1.50 on the ground.  ;D

Left by another route and found a bus stop, but checking the time had just missed the bus by four minutes, the next one was in half an hour so decided to walk back to the town. Turned around and saw the bus coming, it was six minutes late, so ran back to the stop. Big mistake, as it made my back worse, but I caught the bus. Now my back is killing me.  :'(

Paul Montgomery

Serves you right for running  ;)

minky_monkey

Sodding rain, I'm covering Kingstonians friendly against Slutton Utd tonight.

Bring forth the waterproofs!

Graham

Quote from: minky_monkey on July 19, 2011, 05:16:23 PM
Sodding rain, I'm covering Kingstonians friendly against Slutton Utd tonight.

Bring forth the waterproofs!

Hope you don't get rain like this!

This was Derby Carnival on Saturday.....the sun did come out and a fabo time was had by all.

More pics here. ;)      http://www.flickr.com/photos/grahamwspics/sets/72157627109109277/

Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

jinky

Not two weeks after spraining my right ankle badly I was shooting a retirement party and managed to whack my left ankle on a patio step. I knew it had gouged a hole in my ankle but didn`t realise it was going to hurt and swell quite so much :(. All black around my foot toes and ankle and hobbling again. Hoping g I`ll be OK for my Med cruise in a week or so!

krennon

Jinky

Hot and Cold compresses will bring out the bruising and take down the swelling about 10 minute of a hot water bottle or some such thing and then no more than 5 minutes of an ice pack wrapped in a tea towel, alternate the 2 for about 1/2 hour at a time that should do the trick nicely (a trick recommended to me after several sprained ankles and such like by the physio)

Markulous

Quote from: Graham on July 19, 2011, 08:47:42 PM
Hope you don't get rain like this!

HaHa! Great shot!  :tup:

Quote from: krennon on July 20, 2011, 11:35:28 AM
5 minutes of an ice pack wrapped in a tea towel

Bag of frozen peas works well!  ;)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

jinky

Yeah cheers both - that`s what I`m trying. Got a new Physicool product cheap that has a cooling liquid in that seems to be doing the trick. Only thing is my wife has taken early retirement too now to join me in my life of leisure and  p/t photography. 1st day off I had to clean the windows and power wash the drive / patios. I think I`ll go back to full time work - garden today and I`m on one leg!

krennon

Not so much annoyed me but upset me

We've just found out my mother has been diagnosed with early stage Alzheimers, and as my parents live 200 miles away it's not great for my brother and I. At least my dad is ok but they are both in their 70's so it's not going to be easy for either of them, although I have already checked out the Alzheimers.org website and there does seem to be quite a lot of help available in the Torbay area. I just wished they lived a bit closer so my brother and I could do more to support them both, but we will just have to try and do what we can from here.

Paul Montgomery

Sorry to hear that - its never easy when you're so far from them. Sounds good that they've got local help though...

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.