• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
  • Google
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Well done Delamanda.. :tup:  I got mine a few years ago at the HQ in Bath. Quite a nerve racking experience and my assesment didn't come up untill mid afternoon after which I had to drive all the way back to Preston but I had a good night in the pub later.
Was Margaret Salisbury one of the judges on the day.  Also it would be nice to see what you submitted on here if possible...... :legit:

Oldboy

Quote from: Delamanda on November 14, 2010, 03:32:15 PM
Something made me feel good yesterday (so hope it's still ok to post it here)  - I got my LRPS  :dance:,

It made me feel so good that I downed quite a lot of champagne so don't feel too good today ...

Well done Del.  :tup:

Suppose, we will have to call you sir now!  ::)

Delamanda

Thanks all! 

@Dave:  I have just uploaded them - I tried to put them in an album but can't work out how to rename it, so they're somewhere here in "New Album".  I'm not sure what order they've come out in, so here's the hanging plan:

@Oldboy - Madam will do nicely!!

jinky

Mick

Quote from: Delamanda on November 14, 2010, 07:36:10 PM
Thanks all!  

@Dave:  I have just uploaded them - I tried to put them in an album but can't work out how to rename it, so they're somewhere here in "New Album".  I'm not sure what order they've come out in, so here's the hanging plan:

Go to your Album via Gallery / User Galleries / Click the first letter of your user name /  Choose your album.  Click properties, and you should see where to change the name. / click update album.

Or even easier, look at the latest images block on the front page, and at the bottom of it you should see a link "My Gallery" ;)

Finally and easier still.  Click the link to your gallery that I just added to your signature.  :)

And, Congratulations on your LRPS status Delmanda.  8)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

rksmith51

Well done Del. Wish I had the bottle to try it, congratulations .

Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Jonathan

Quote from: Delamanda on November 14, 2010, 07:36:10 PM
Thanks all! 

@Dave:  I have just uploaded them - I tried to put them in an album but can't work out how to rename it, so they're somewhere here in "New Album".  I'm not sure what order they've come out in, so here's the hanging plan:

Congratulations!  Nice panel.  Hmm, maybe I should try for a qualification some time....
It's Guest's round

irv_b

Many congrats Del a fantastic achievement  :tup:

WMMFGT
Just me and Rose had a long weekend in Devon, just chilling eating walking and chatting. The weather wasn't great but we had a real good time and the house was still standing when we got back
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Graham

Well done Del. I may just have a go at that.

Anyway, WMMFGT.
                                    Motorhead's "People" just this minute mailed me with accreditation to photograph the show in Derby.
                                    The show starts in two hours time!
                                             Graham.  :knuppel2:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

Quote from: irv_b on November 15, 2010, 01:41:08 PM
WMMFGT
Just me and Rose had a long weekend in Devon, just chilling eating walking and chatting. The weather wasn't great but we had a real good time and the house was still standing when we got back

Recharging the batteries. Glad you had time to spend together without the family getting in the way.  :tup:

irv_b

Quote from: Oldboy on November 15, 2010, 07:07:10 PM
Quote from: irv_b on November 15, 2010, 01:41:08 PM
WMMFGT

Recharging the batteries. Glad you had time to spend together without the family getting in the way.  :tup:
Thanks Oldboy  :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

spinner

My Mac arrived a day early!! Thank goodness the mutts are excitable and noisy as I didn't hear the door bell ring. I managed to get to it before the delivery driver drove off.  ;D ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Jonathan

WMMFGT?  Feedback from yesterday's client :D

It was an important job for me.  Every year this London based bridal wholesaler packs up all their dresses, drives up to Birmingham and spends a whole day in a studio with a photographer they have used for years.  I've spent about 3 months persuading them that I could do a better job.  To win the business I had to make a couple of compromises.

So.....we had 1 model, no wardrobe stylist, a small studio and 21 dresses to shoot in a day.  (8 sets is considered a tough day's work).  We started at 9 with hair and makeup.  By 2:30 I'd shot 7......  Then we kicked it up a notch....... :D  At 5:15 everyone apart from me was packed and out the door.  21 dresses, 920 frames and a very very happy client.  They are already talking about next year.  (I was lying on the floor exhausted.)

Phew.
It's Guest's round

CML-1591

Quote from: Jonathan on November 19, 2010, 09:33:18 AM
WMMFGT?  Feedback from yesterday's client :D

It was an important job for me.  Every year this London based bridal wholesaler packs up all their dresses, drives up to Birmingham and spends a whole day in a studio with a photographer they have used for years.  I've spent about 3 months persuading them that I could do a better job.  To win the business I had to make a couple of compromises.

So.....we had 1 model, no wardrobe stylist, a small studio and 21 dresses to shoot in a day.  (8 sets is considered a tough day's work).  We started at 9 with hair and makeup.  By 2:30 I'd shot 7......  Then we kicked it up a notch....... :D  At 5:15 everyone apart from me was packed and out the door.  21 dresses, 920 frames and a very very happy client.  They are already talking about next year.  (I was lying on the floor exhausted.)

Phew.

If you do it next year in Brum, then i should deff be able to give assistance ahaa...
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Jonathan

Quote from: CML-1591 on November 19, 2010, 01:28:19 PM
If you do it next year in Brum, then i should deff be able to give assistance ahaa...

Thanks - but that's very unlikely.  Client is London based.  London is a couple of hours closer to me.  Really no reason why we'd go to Birmingham (and I don't understand why they ever did).

Stats of the last look make interesting reading (if you're into that kind of thing).  First shot fired at 16:28, last at 17:09 (yeah 9 mins into overtime).  In 43 minutes we did 253 shots and 6 changes.  Model's dad was there (she's 19 and came from Wales) so during each of the changes he and I went upstairs to the chill zone while the girls changed her in the shoot area.  So yeah, I ran up and down stairs 6 times too.
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.