• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 117
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94
parkcameras
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

happypaddler

Idiot letting agents that do not know how either the Housing Act 1988 works - or possibly even worse - how the Deposit Protection Scheme works. We are moving out of rented accommodation - but the most simple of things is made very hard as you find yourself educating those who should know how things work! My blood boiled further when a representative of the agent told me that the directors are all lawyers - well educate your ******* workforce!

...... and breath.... that feels better!

hevans

Discovering that the Cat had peed in the computer cabinet. Shame it missed the 240V power strip!  >:(

Real pain in the arse cleaning the muck off all the cables, etc. And no, it wouldn't have made any difference if it was a Mac, the cat's not that picky.

H.

oRGie

Quote from: hevans on November 10, 2009, 07:43:13 PM

Discovering that the Cat had peed in the computer cabinet. Shame it missed the 240V power strip!  >:(

Real pain in the arse cleaning the muck off all the cables, etc. And no, it wouldn't have made any difference if it was a Mac, the cat's not that picky.

H.

humour in the face of adversity! I like your style H ;)

bones615

A keen gardener friend always tells me there is only one good place for a cat ...................... under a rose bush.

picsfor

my mother in law can do a good chinese dish with a cat, some soy sauce, onions, rice amd some other secret recipe  :)

ABERS

There's a large white moggy that comes ino the garden, mainly to catch fledglings, crap and pee up bushes.

Three weeks a go I managed to creep up be :tup:hind it whilst it was crouched on the edge of the pond watching the fish. A swift toe-end up it's jacksey into the water seemed to do the trick, we haven't seen it since then!

picsfor

what and you didn't have your camera ready for another exhibit posting picture?

spinner

Win 7 upgrade. Went almost painlessly on my laptop (for some reason it wiped my CS3 activation) so I decided to go ahead on my main PC, the one I share with the wife. Let's just say she's not going to be happy when she gets home and I'll be extra annoyed as she'll be yelling at me while I'm yelling at Windows.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

Hind sight beind 20/20 I should have googled first. I've discovered my issue with Win 7 is already reported on several sources. It will however have to wait until the weekend to play around with. At least I got Vista back up and running. Not shutting this puppy off until Sat. or Sun. next.
Ol' blue eyes

Sarasocke

We're having  battle trying to redecorate the office. Everything's been moved out - we can just about get through the hall to the sitting room. Computer's shut off and I can't get to any pictures/data (I'm writing this on hubby's laptop).
Bought the paint for the walls - on the colour sheet in the shop it looked like a subdued yellow/apricot colour, called "melon". On the walls in the office it's almost lime green.  >:(
The carpet has been ripped out, lino tiles bought. They're supposed to "click and fit". Yeah .... We fitted similar tiles but in cork in another room a couple of years ago with no problem. After about 6 hours work and only one row of tiles fitted, my husband hit himself on the finger with a hammer. I rang the shop where we bought the lino (different shop to the paint) and they'll be sending over a professional to do the floor. Sometime .... hopefully before Christmas. When he does come, we'll be really interested to see how he gets on.
We're gradually beginning to need the things we packed into cartons for the two days while we decorated. It looks like a building site/jumble sale.

grmmpf  >:(
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

daisiemaetulip

lol, you poor thing, well today my son said he'd finally decorate(paint) the bathroom.. i needed one newly plastered wall paintd and one artex wall painted.. he's done a grand job, cept he's also painted the vanity unit, the tiling on a roll,which covers one wall, and the shower skirting board! choice!

spinner

Half wits with internet access. Looking to buy new tires for my truck I found my local tire store has Dunlops on sale. I google the model to see if I can find feed back. I find a site with 9 reviews of the tire. 8 are positive with good descriptions of why. The one negative is the half wit. Seems he managed to get two punctures somewhere. That's the tire's fault? He doesn't pay attention to what he's driving over and somehow that nets the tire manufacturer a negative review. The internet full of this type of posting. :(
Ol' blue eyes

krennon

Spin I know what you mean about those posting, I was going to write a negative review of my Sony, because "every picture I took with it on the first day I had it, was black, it was Sony's fault I didn't take the lens cap off" (no not really but I know what you mean about those reviews one I read was "great camera, but doesn't come with any memory".....what camera does......

WAMT Last night actually CYCLISTS!!!! It's winter, it's dark at 4:30pm...and they think that by wearing dark/black clothes with hoods pulled up and no lights on their bike it's our fault as drivers if we nearly kill them because they cut across from the other side of the road across my side, keep going in front of me to turn into a side road..... >:(..............I solved the problem....introduce a new law that from dusk onwards anyone on a 2 wheeled vehicle (cycle or motorbike) HAS to wear reflective clothing including on their legs...in the event of an accident failure to wear said clothing automatically puts the blame onto the cyclist and the driver of the vehicle cannot be held responsible..(unless over the limit/using a mobile phone/speeding etc)
Also use of mobile phones when driving....forget the £60.00 fine and 3 points it ain't working going by the amount of drivers I see still using the bloody things...so here's my suggestion....for the 1st offence of using a phone whilst driving you get a 28 day ban....for the 2nd offence a 3 month ban and £1000 fine and 6 points......for the 3rd offence 6 months prison and you have to do an extended test on release.....that should sort it......
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Graham

I know what you mean Keith!
                                          I cycle to and from work everyday, all year round. I would'nt dare take to the roads without my all protecting cyclist's jacket and high power lights. I mean, when you consider the number of brain dead d*%kheads I encounter twidling with their radios and leaning back so they are better able to hit their children, I woud'nt stand a chance!
                                          Do'nt even get me started on the #*&^%  £"*#?*&$£'s, who jaywalk in the clearly marked
cycle lane who look up from their texting at the sound of my bell, make eye contact, and then carry on with their bloody texting, meaning I'M the one who has to go into the ditch!
                                             Yours, as ever.
                                                                        Graham. >:(
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Oldboy

You have a bell on your bike!  :o

Walking around Sandwell Valley I encounter many Cyclist, but what annoys me is none of them have a bell! I can't remember the number of times they have shot by me from behind whilst I've been scanning the trees totally unaware they are there.  >:(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.