• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 90
  • Total: 90
millets
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donoreo

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 15, 2014, 09:30:51 AM
The Australian siege press conference. The spokesman opened by saying he wasn't going to discuss their response to the situation. Then the first question from the journalists was a question on police tactics, so he replied he was unable to discuss that, then the next journo did the same, and then the next and then the next. It's like they re completely stupid. He might as well have recorded his first answer and just played it over and over again.
That does happen a lot.  They keep asking the same question a different way hoping they will slip and answer it. 

Oldboy

Went out at ten this morning and came home at 15:30 and didn't get the camera out once due to the dull cloudy conditions.  :'(

Graham

Quote from: Oldboy on December 21, 2014, 09:11:35 PM
Went out at ten this morning and came home at 15:30 and didn't get the camera out once due to the dull cloudy conditions.  :'(

I've just checked and my cameras all seem to work in such conditions. I like to think of it as natures softbox!  ;)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Reinardina

Quote from: Graham on December 22, 2014, 07:50:43 AM

I've just checked and my cameras all seem to work in such conditions. I like to think of it as natures softbox!  ;)

Monochrome works well in these conditions.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

donoreo

I know I feel less inspired to take photos in those conditions.  Last week at work we noticed how everyone was moving slow and tired after several days of cloudy days.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on December 22, 2014, 10:20:01 AM

The camera works fine but, as I'm a colourist in my photography, I need sunlight to bring out those colours and hues!  :tup:

To add to that I saw a rainbow with no colours on Saturday!  ???

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on December 22, 2014, 11:36:21 AM

The camera works fine but, as I'm a colourist in my photography, I need sunlight to bring out those colours and hues!  :tup:

It can't be clearer than that: it is a Sign, that you should try your hand at monochrome!
(In which case you're covered in all weathers.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on December 22, 2014, 12:20:06 PM

It can't be clearer than that: it is a Sign, that you should try your hand at monochrome!

Abers see in black and white but I see in colour!  8)

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on December 22, 2014, 05:32:42 PM

And that's written in stone? Apart from wildlife, you do landscapes too, don't you? They can be awe inspiring in mono.

I still haven't found my own 'genre.' Still fluttering from one thing to the next. At the moment, with relatively few new photos, I am totally hooked on creating 'dreamscapes' with textures.
Once the renovation work is finally finished, I hope to get back out with the camera again.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on December 22, 2014, 05:39:13 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on December 22, 2014, 05:32:42 PM

And that's written in stone? Apart from wildlife, you do landscapes too, don't you? They can be awe inspiring in mono.

I still haven't found my own 'genre.' Still fluttering from one thing to the next. At the moment, with relatively few new photos, I am totally hooked on creating 'dreamscapes' with textures.
Once the renovation work is finally finished, I hope to get back out with the camera again.

Yes I do landscapes but also see them in colour. I can see mono at night but during the day it's almost always colour.  8)

Hinfrance

The expletive deleted cat. The damned expletive deleted expletive deleted expletive deleted has just thrown up on the dining room table, one of the chairs and the floor. I expletive deleted hate the expletive deleted thing. I just hope I outlive it so I can dance on the little expletive deleted's grave.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 23, 2014, 03:45:11 PM
The expletive deleted cat. The damned expletive deleted expletive deleted expletive deleted has just thrown up on the dining room table, one of the chairs and the floor. I expletive deleted hate the expletive deleted thing. I just hope I outlive it so I can dance on the little expletive deleted's grave.

Sounds like you have your claws out!  :P

jinky

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 23, 2014, 03:45:11 PM

You`ve got to love `em though H when they are playing like kittens  ;) :legit:

Ours pukes up everywhere now and then too. Turns out he has irritable bowel syndrome so we  `ve had to cut out treats and stick to exactly the same foodstuffs for him. Seemed to have done the trick until he threw up on the trousers and tshirt I left on the floor next to the washer in the utility room the other day!!!! :doh:

Paul Montgomery

It must be the season - ours puked overnight...
I think its because he wolfs his food down in as short a time as possible...

Oldboy

A lot of cats puke up to get rid of fur balls or tape worms. If they start eating grass it's a sure sign.  ???

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.