• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 129
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 127
  • Total: 127
aliexpress
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

All very sad and not at all what this forum has been about and what many left the old DC one to avoid! If everyone has finished insulting each other maybe we van move on and as grown ups each decide what each individual wants to do.

donoreo

Someone could use their Super Secret Moderator powers and make sure the topic is done :)  Let's not have it come to that.

I had the pressure washer out to clean up some things around the outside of the house. 
I then cut the grass.
I then spread some topsoil and seeded a lot of the grass.  Winter was tough. 
I also spread around some woodchips at the base of my trees. 

I am very dirty now (mostly from the washer). 

All of this annoyed me :)

Hinfrance

How is it that one's neighbours invariably decide to 'just pop in to say hello' just as you are either 5 minutes from serving up a meal, or just as you are doing so?

Arghhh!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 25, 2014, 07:00:45 PM
How is it that one's neighbours invariably decide to 'just pop in to say hello' just as you are either 5 minutes from serving up a meal, or just as you are doing so?

Arghhh!

Sounds like perfect timing to me.  ;D ;)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Andrew

Having got Mrs B to proof read my assignment before dispatching to the OU, I then foolishly asked her to proof read the about page for the new site I'm developing.

(I managed to delete the old one i was working on by mistake!)

Problem is, the Wordpress editor does not come with the MS Word editing functionality, and didn't I hear about it.
Where were my HTML skills - and what about that CSS course I done about 12 years ago?

Really, I wish I'd just kept my mouth shut. It wasn't just the flow of the text or the content. Oh no - it was the placement and size of the pictures and choice of pictures.
Why didn't I do this using Adobe InDesign - it does a great job and can save it to HTML a well.

You ever get the impression that some people don't live in the real world?  :-X
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

spinner

Realizing my reading vision is getting worse. Very much dependent on light. In super bright sunshine (which isn't all that prevalent) My reading vision is sharp. But get's progressively worse the darker it gets. Like if it gets really overcast. I used to enjoy a warm bath and a read, very relaxing. Now it gets frustrating moving the book back and forth to find the range that let's me read. Glasses are in order I guess.  :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

kerbside

Scoring 340 odd thousand playing 'Alphaass' to be told that the score could not be saved as there was a session missing, whatever a friggin session is, well peed off, Mick you still have the highest score showing on here but i know better. Stupid game. :( >:( >:( >:(

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

DigiDiva

90 mile round trip to find most of my images weren't as good on screen than they looked in the view finder :-(
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Jediboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on May 26, 2014, 10:21:07 PM
90 mile round trip to find most of my images weren't as good on screen than they looked in the view finder :-(

I hate it when that happens.  :(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

kerbside

Should take a laptop or ipad with you for a quick look it saves all the effort for nothing. :tup:

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

DigiDiva

My laptop only works plugged in and tablet dont know how to connect to camera but a nice idea if I could
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

jinky

I`m sure when you look again there will be more keepers. Never a waste of time - you just need to check the exif detail and work out what went on in the fails and be better next time.

I`m annoyed I didn`t get time to do a weekly comp entry a we`ll be at least 2 down this week already.

Hinfrance

Quote from: kerbside on May 26, 2014, 10:40:08 PM
Should take a laptop or ipad with you for a quick look it saves all the effort for nothing. :tup:

That's just more stuff to lug around  . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Andrew

Quote from: DigiDiva on May 26, 2014, 10:52:58 PM
My laptop only works plugged in and tablet dont know how to connect to camera but a nice idea if I could

If your tablet is an iPad, Apple do a camera connector kit that lets you plug all variants of SD and CF cards.

But, if you have a Fuji XE2 or XT1, I believe they come with wifi that can hook up to a tablet.
If you then shoot in RAW+JPG, the tablet will soon acquire the JPG's to view - job done...

I have an iPad Mini and the connector kit. If I'm going out and taking tripod and filter kit, I will use the camera bag - which will also accommodate the iPad.

My camera bag weighs less than a womans handbag when packed, and is half the size.

My iPhone comes with tethering, so I can also upload the images at the same time as viewing if I so decide. The Iphone fits in the camera bag pocket :-)

The health of my back is important to me - and in our flat space is at a premium

I can lug that stuff around all day and never notice it  :tup:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

kerbside

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 27, 2014, 01:41:02 PM
Quote from: kerbside on May 26, 2014, 10:40:08 PM

That's just more stuff to lug around  . .

You either take an ipad (not a lot more in your kit bag) or as Chris put it do a 90 mile round triop and hope for the best. If I was going somewhere specially to shoot something I know what I would do. ;) I carry the same as Andrew has above.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.